Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/25

Jets Tweets & Info 9/25

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    In an effort to bolster their secondary, I've been told the Jets will bring in free agent cornerback Chris Carr for a tryout this week

Chris Carr, who was with Vikings in camp/preseason, worked out for the Patriots a couple weeks ago

I've been told that the Jets have signed RB Jonathan Grimes off the Texans practice squad.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Getting questions about #Jets possibly re-signing CB Drew Coleman. Would seem logical, but that's not in post-Revis plan as of right now.

Stephen Trevon Hill ‏@_StephenHill_
    Hamstring is coming along ok! Thanks for checking

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Confirmed that #Jets will bring in free-agent CB Chris Carr this wk for tryout, as reported by NYDN. Rex Ryan has always liked Carr's game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Stephen Trevon Hill ‏@_StephenHill_
    Hamstring is coming along ok! Thanks for checking
    Glad to hear this.

Put him on an exercise bike with a jugs machine in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Confirmed that #Jets will bring in free-agent CB Chris Carr this wk for tryout, as reported by NYDN. Rex Ryan has always liked Carr's game.
    interesting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Glad to hear this.

nice!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Thank you for being logical, Rex. Now please sign him so we don't have to watch Wilson get burned over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Glad to hear this.

or just some football painted 'jugs'.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Thank you for being logical, Rex. Now please sign him so we don't have to watch Wilson get burned over and over.
    Dude he is not getting signed to start over wilson...why do people not understand this????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Dude he is not getting signed to start over wilson...why do people not understand this????
    Never said he was. Excuse me, though, if I'd like some depth other than Lankster and Trufant.

Veteran
    Never said he was. Excuse me, though, if I'd like some depth other than Lankster and Trufant.
    Yea i get that but you stated "so you dont have to watch wilson get burnt all the time"..so it seemed like you were implying that he'd start over wilson...I think it could be a good pick up, would like to know why he tried out the 3 or 4 teams have not been picked up yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yea i get that but you stated "so you dont have to watch wilson get burnt all the time"..so it seemed like you were implying that he'd start over wilson...I think it could be a good pick up, would like to know why he tried out the 3 or 4 teams have not been picked up yet.
    Wouldn't shock me if Carr, after a couple of weeks, started over Wilson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Assuming he signs, there's no way Carr would immediately start over Wilson. Though, considering his familiarity with the defense and experience, it wouldn't be a surprise if he stepped in opposite Cromartie should Wilson struggle/get injured.

Edit: At least Jordy gets it...

Assuming he signs, there's no way Carr would immediately start over Wilson. Though, considering his familiarity with the defense and experience, it wouldn't be a surprise if he stepped in opposite Cromartie should Wilson struggle/get injured.

Edit: At least Jordy gets it...
    He's not the only one.

When he's matched up on the outside, you get one of two things from the current version of Kyle Wilson: either he gives too much room and can't close in time to make a play on a quick pass, or he has tight coverage but can't locate the ball in time to make a play or avoid a PI call. Easily exploitable.

I do like the idea of Wilson in the slot. But right now, it's naive to think that a veteran player familiar with the defensive philosophy can't be a short-term upgrade over a guy who has yet to play well when pressed into duty.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    He's not the only one.

When he's matched up on the outside, you get one of two things from the current version of Kyle Wilson: either he gives too much room and can't close in time to make a play on a quick pass, or he has tight coverage but can't locate the ball in time to make a play or avoid a PI call. Easily exploitable.

I do like the idea of Wilson in the slot. But right now, it's naive to think that a veteran player familiar with the defensive philosophy can't be a short-term upgrade over a guy who has yet to play well when pressed into duty.
    Excellently said, though you better watch out for the incoming flood of Wilson apologists.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    He's not the only one.

There's gotta be a reason why this guy gets cut by a Minn team that has terrible dbacks and can't catch on with several other teams that have weaker dubs than we do without Revis...but your right Carr is a stud

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    There's gotta be a reason why this guy gets cut by a Minn team that has terrible dbacks and can't catch on with several other teams that have weaker dubs than we do without Revis...but your right Carr is a stud

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    He was injured...

Excellently said, though you better watch out for the incoming flood of Wilson apologists.
    wilson is more effective 15 yards and closer, and in the slot. if you haven't learned to turn around and look for the ball in year 3 of the nfl it's not something that you're likely to learn in year 4. it's arguably the most important thing a cb must do since PI calls often decide the outcome of games, even with the regular officials.

Cornerback Donnie Fletcher was signed to the practice squad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1168416