Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets have signed RB Jonathan Grimes off the Texans practice squad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets signed RB Jonathan Grimes off the Texans' practice squad.

Interesting. Undrafted out of William & Mary, Grimes impressed Texans coaches with his downhill style early in training camp. A four-time all-conference pick in the Colonial Athletic Association, Grimes totaled 130 yards on 28 preseason carries (4.64 YPC) to go with 58 yards on six receptions. The addition of Grimes is yet another indication that Shonn Greene's role is on the wane. We would hold off on picking up Grimes in all but the deepest leagues. Sep 25 - 2:51 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...onathan-grimes
    I think the Jets are about to release one of there backs...With poor as our running game looks right now, I'm sure no team would trade for Greene, Powell or McKnight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    McKnight was considered one of the best CB prospects in the country coming out of high school-- and would likely be a pro bowl caliber NFL CB right now if Pete Carroll didn't convert him to RB
    I didn't know that and just did a search of five-star high school CB's over the last decade. A lot of scrubs/no-names on the list. McKnight was listed at RB, not a CB. Most interesting names (all notable KR's):

Ted Ginn
    Devin Hester
    Leon Washington

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this signing, way to go. Better than nothing. The guy has drawn a decent amount of praise from an org with a super crowded backfield.

Just what the doctor ordered.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I think the Jets are about to release one of there backs...With poor as our running game looks right now, I'm sure no team would trade for Greene, Powell or McKnight.
    No chance. I think they'd cut John Connor before they cut any of them...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conner, perhaps? Reuland didn't embarrass himself on Sunday. Conner may be expendable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agreed. If McKnight isn't getting carries anyway, why not give him a shot at corner.

let him practice there and see if he can do the job, if he can - and only the coaches will know that from practice - why not make the move?

Where's the downside here? He gets beat in a game, like our 7mm corner Cromartie does all the time?
    That's a great point of him practicing at the CB position during the summer. He was a All American CB coming out of HS. Interesting stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They could be sending a message...We'll see how this goes the next few weeks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the very least lights a bit of a fire under the asses of our incumbents. Where is Cedric Houston these days?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so we are going to go to the learning mode on mcknight at cb like we are with hill learning how to catch? next time i go to florham park remind to see if the sign has been changed to jets learning academy outside the training facility.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Conner, perhaps? Reuland didn't embarrass himself on Sunday. Conner may be expendable.
    I don't think Reuland is the answer at FB for the season...But you never know. I'm starting to think they are going to switch McKnight to KR/CB and have this guy play some snaps with Powell and have Greene get a bit healthy on the bench. Powell can't handle the f/t role of an every down back, but if he gets half of the snaps/touches like 12-15 a game he could do very well. Add in this guy Grimes and you could have something better than what we have now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They could be sending a message...We'll see how this goes the next few weeks
    CMart -> I don't think it's going to take them a few weeks. Grimes has been practicing with them so he's in football shape. I think the CB states that he has to stay on our roster for the entire season, no? Even if they put Revis on IR (which they will) that just counts as an even exchange, they look like theyre going to sign Carr to play CB (good signing) so someone is going to go and I'm sure it's this week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    CMart -> I don't think it's going to take them a few weeks. Grimes has been practicing with them so he's in football shape. I think the CB states that he has to stay on our roster for the entire season, no? Even if they put Revis on IR (which they will) that just counts as an even exchange, they look like theyre going to sign Carr to play CB (good signing) so someone is going to go and I'm sure it's this week.
    once we ir revis we will have an open roster spot for carr.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Reuland is the answer at FB for the season...But you never know. I'm starting to think they are going to switch McKnight to KR/CB and have this guy play some snaps with Powell and have Greene get a bit healthy on the bench. Powell can't handle the f/t role of an every down back, but if he gets half of the snaps/touches like 12-15 a game he could do very well. Add in this guy Grimes and you could have something better than what we have now.
    Sparano prefers H-Back types (TE/FB hybrids) over traditional FBs. Reuland seems to fit that better than Conner does, and did a decent job on Sunday.

Conner was also thought to have been on the bubble in the preseason.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    Hmm, wonder if he's related to Frank Grimes

RIP Grimey
    hAHAHA! Poor old Grimey RIP!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    once we ir revis we will have an open roster spot for carr.
    Nike, I get that. But they just brought in Grimes who has to stay on the 53 man roster until the end of the season - so that's two players Grimes and Carr that they have to make room for not just 1 in Revis.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they've finally decided to get around to replacing Danny Woodcock...?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nike, I get that. But they just brought in Grimes who has to stay on the 53 man roster until the end of the season - so that's two players Grimes and Carr that they have to make room for not just 1 in Revis.
    dixon landolt and i believe a cb were cut yesterday. i dont think we need to cut anyone because of this or if they sign carr.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Three weeks.

They are now at 53. Once Revis is put on IR they"ll have another roster opening

They could very well waive Greene or McKnight now but I doubt it this week, if at all. Maybe Connor but he's a FB.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-25-2012 at 04:07 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Three weeks.

They are now at 53. Once Revis is put on IR they"ll have another roster opening
    WHO IS CARR?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    WHO IS CARR?
    CB who played for Rex on the Ravens. They're working him out this week.