Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 156 of 156

Thread: Jets have signed RB Jonathan Grimes off the Texans practice squad.

  1. #141
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Who would you compare him too??
    Tiki Barber.

    Maybe a lighter Kevin Jones before the injuries.

    What I like about him though, is swagger at the LOS. He looked like a smaller Larry Johnson, back when Larry was killing it. ..who also shares some similarities with Foster. I'm guessing that's what originally drew HOU to Grimes. Looks like he's slide into that zone blocking scheme they run.

  2. #142
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Tiki Barber.

    Maybe a lighter Kevin Jones before the injuries.

    What I like about him though, is swagger at the LOS. He looked like a smaller Larry Johnson, back when Larry was killing it. ..who also shares some similarities with Foster. I'm guessing that's what originally drew HOU to Grimes. Looks like he's slide into that zone blocking scheme they run.
    Well we don't zone block anymore so I hope he doesn't have to learn that. I think that's half of Greene's problem. He doesn't seem suited to the new blocking scheme. The other half being that he finds the first tackler and knocks himself out. The other half being that he can't catch or block.

  3. #143
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well we don't zone block anymore so I hope he doesn't have to learn that. .
    Ya I wouldn't say he's limited to zone blocking - but I guess we'll find out. He does move through traffic like Tiki I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The other half being that he finds the first tackler and knocks himself out.
    Lulz

  4. #144
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The guy had shin splints and a stomach problem from food poisoning. Google the cause of shin splints before showing how biased you are. Talk about the Buffalo game when McKnight did get extended time. ( 134 yards was it?) Hey its your right to hate a player based on your "facts". But please ask your comedy writers to do a better job when you try to post unintelligent posts! Thank you! Again hate all you want but try to be honest if at all possible.
    What are you a Sanchez apologist also? WTF is with all of these EXCUSES?! And for crying out loud you're talking about intelligent posts and yet you do not even realize that even if McKnight did have shin splints, what has he done since? Do shin splints cripple you for the rest of your life? I think not.

    So what was his excuse in 2011? He couldn't steal any carries away from Shon Greene last season either and Shon Greene still sucked. So what was his excuse then?

    What about 2010 and failing his conditioning test coming into TC? What is his excuse for that mishap?

    What about getting fumblitis frequently? You MUST have an excuse for that, right?

    Where does this endless list of nonsense cease and desist?

    I am also a Jets fan. But I do not believe being a Jets fans makes you obligated to kiss every players a$$ like you seem to be doing. Have a pair and call out some of these bums sitting at 2-1 and certain to go on a long losing streak?

  5. #145
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    greene would struggle to make most other teams' rosters, let alone start. he can't catch and isn't an asset on special teams. he's close to being out of football next season.
    Sucks that it usually takes Rex a year to realize when a player sucks.

  6. #146
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    LETS GO BIG GRIMEY!!!!!!

    Theres a spot for you if you grab the bull by the horns and tackle him.

  7. #147
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,813
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Sucks that it usually takes Rex a year to realize when a player sucks.
    i wonder if rex reads this website b/c the personnel moves seem to jibe with the wishes of the majority of posters.

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i wonder if rex reads this website b/c the personnel moves seem to jibe with the wishes of the majority of posters.
    Rex mentioned on the foot site last night that he makes all moves based on what he reads on JI

  9. #149
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i wonder if rex reads this website b/c the personnel moves seem to jibe with the wishes of the majority of posters.
    JI posters are stating the obvious that the Jets coaches must see as well. In fact I'd say the fans are sometimes more willing to call out the obvious (Greene sucks, start Powell) than the coaching staff.

  10. #150
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What are you a Sanchez apologist also? WTF is with all of these EXCUSES?! And for crying out loud you're talking about intelligent posts and yet you do not even realize that even if McKnight did have shin splints, what has he done since? Do shin splints cripple you for the rest of your life? I think not.

    So what was his excuse in 2011? He couldn't steal any carries away from Shon Greene last season either and Shon Greene still sucked. So what was his excuse then?

    What about 2010 and failing his conditioning test coming into TC? What is his excuse for that mishap?

    What about getting fumblitis frequently? You MUST have an excuse for that, right?

    Where does this endless list of nonsense cease and desist?

    I am also a Jets fan. But I do not believe being a Jets fans makes you obligated to kiss every players a$$ like you seem to be doing. Have a pair and call out some of these bums sitting at 2-1 and certain to go on a long losing streak?
    You are an fn --------! If I say it i'd get banned! PLEASE do not respond to me and I gladly will stop reading any of the garbage posts by you! Thank you and have a good life! You argue on and on over nonsense. You should get a life and learn something about football before you post again!

    I believe in saying it like it is and you are a ......!

  11. #151
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    odds on if Grimes actually sees the field before the Jets release him?

    Not saying I dont wish they gave him an opportunity, but if the past is any indicator..

  12. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Rex mentioned on the foot site last night that he makes all moves based on what he reads on JI
    he would have resigned long ago then.

  13. #153
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he would have resigned long ago then.
    Nah, he thinks Ray Ray is most correct poster here.

  14. #154
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cmon dirty Grimey!!!!

  15. #155
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grime scene

  16. #156
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets go J-GRimmzle!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us