Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets working out Carr

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I would like someone to name a 3rd cb on another team that is better than wilson....
    Easy. The Falcons. Robinson, Grimes (when healthy), Samuel. Any of those guys is infinitely better than Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    wanna bet carrs the starter in week 5 if they sign him?
    Who gives a crap. You don't understand anything but just want jet players to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who gives a crap. You don't understand anything but just want jet players to fail.
    i think you are wrong. but thats ok. you bring a very weak argument to the table in kyle wilson.

Somebody just hasn't learned the lesson that the grass isn't always greener on the other side...

Projecting a street free agent over a guy in Wilson who has played a ton of snaps against some of the best players in the league is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i think you are wrong. but thats ok. you bring a very weak argument to the table in kyle wilson.
    I haven't said anything about Wilson

Carr, if signed, is being signed because the Jets are now 1 CB short on the roster (once Revis goes to IR)

My you are dumb.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Easy. The Falcons. Robinson, Grimes (when healthy), Samuel. Any of those guys is infinitely better than Wilson.
    Ok thats one...I didn't say there are not any but I doubt you can name 5. And not for nothing being the 3cb behind revis and cromartie only makes things harder because qbs try to avoid the top 2 as much as possible. I think he has done more then a serviceable job in the slot. We will know if he has a chance to be a starting cb by the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Seriously....I think Carr knows rexs system from Baltimore so it could be an easy transition...
    I don't think Carr was ever a Raven while Rex was there.

Still I've wanted this guy on the Jets since he became a FA. To be completely hoenst, I think he would step right into this system without missing a beat.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post

Still I've wanted this guy on the Jets since he became a FA. To be completely hoenst, I think he would step right into this system without missing a beat.
    You are right...he started in balt in 2009 the year rex started with the jets....oops

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post

Correct. Carr was in Balt 2009-2011. I think Balt runs a similar system to when Rex was there tho.

Carr slots in as a dime if they sign him, I think, and then it's just wait and see. I like Lankster as a "next guy up." Not ideal, but could be much worse.

All Pro
    So we should have targeted McCourty in the draft instead?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Carr slots in as a dime if they sign him, I think, and then it's just wait and see. I like Lankster as a "next guy up." Not ideal, but could be much worse.
    CORRECT

it could have been MUCH WORSE

we could have wasted a first round pick on Devin McCourty, the Vernon Gholston of NFL cornerbacks

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    CORRECT

it could have been MUCH WORSE

we could have wasted a first round pick on Devin McCourty, the Vernon Gholston of NFL cornerbacks
    Wait...what?!? Peter King ranked Mcourty higher than Revis when he was a rookie so he must be the best.

@5NLive: Hearing that Carr is in the building working out with the team now. Hope it goes well. #Jets DESPERATELY need vet help.

@5NLive: Hearing that Carr is in the building working out with the team now. Hope it goes well. #Jets DESPERATELY need vet help.
    agree hope theres more to come.

@ConorTOrr: Chris Carr working out today, #jets new ring of honor, Kyle Wilson on Revis and more: http://t.co/9bf2w35v #jets #nyj

good news

I know it's only been a couple of games, but from what I've seen from Lankster so far I don't think he's really who we want out there for 30+ plays. Hope Carr has enough in the tank to get signed and contribute.

I don't care who they put out there, including a healthy Revis, if we don't start putting some pressure on opposing QBs guys will be open, I don't care what secondary in the league you are!

Personally, I'd like to know why even WITH REVIS this damn defense can't get off the friggin field on 3rd downs, no matter how long the yardage is.
    Rex & Pettine are not doing a great job over the last 18 games.
    Sparanos doing more with less with the offense.

What? They took Manny Collins off of speed dial?