Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets working out Carr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How this has anything to do with Wilson, I have no idea. Is Joe McKnight playing CB an indictment on Wilson, or does it have to do with injuries at the position.... Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @5NLive: Hearing that Carr is in the building working out with the team now. Hope it goes well. #Jets DESPERATELY need vet help.
    Please let the Jets sign him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i think you are wrong. but thats ok. you bring a very weak argument to the table in kyle wilson.
    You're just another internet whiner who thinks they know everything. For some reason, however, no one is knocking down your door to be a GM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    You're just another internet whiner who thinks they know everything. For some reason, however, no one is knocking down your door to be a GM.
    if kyle wislon was the real deal why did we sign cro and go after aso after we drafted wilson. any idiot can figure that out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if kyle wislon was the real deal why did we sign cro and go after aso after we drafted wilson. any idiot can figure that out.
    with rex and tanny you have to look past their words and look at what they do. they obviously don't want mcknight touching the ball on offense and don't trust wilson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a thread about possibly signing Carr for DEPTH you're trying to turn the thread into a Wilson bashing thread. You have your own agenda, which is quite clear when making comments about Carr starting even though no one in the NFL wanted Carr enough to sign him and start him in week one. Minnesota cut him and he might as well have been hanging out with Plaxico Burress.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a thread about possibly signing Carr for DEPTH you're trying to turn the thread into a Wilson bashing thread. You have your own agenda, which is quite clear when making comments about Carr starting even though no one in the NFL wanted Carr enough to sign him and start him in week one. Minnesota cut him and he might as well have been hanging out with Plaxico Burress.
    please re read the thread before you spew nonsense.others have bashed wilson. not bashing anyone first round draft picks are expected to play at that level.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Learn something:

A week before the NFL draft, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum recalled a conversation he'd had with Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome when Rex Ryan left the Ravens for the Jets.

"I'm shipping him up I-95," Newsome said. "He has a little sign around his neck that says, 'I need corners.' "

There was no sign around Ryan's neck Thursday night, just a dimpled grin that let everyone know he had gotten his man.

With the 29th pick in the draft, the Jets selected New Jersey product Kyle Wilson, an aggressive corner out of Boise State who will join forces with Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in the league's top-ranked passing defense.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...eller-rex-ryan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. i did learn somethng not to believe a damn thing rex says.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Learn something:

A week before the NFL draft, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum recalled a conversation he'd had with Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome when Rex Ryan left the Ravens for the Jets.

"I'm shipping him up I-95," Newsome said. "He has a little sign around his neck that says, 'I need corners.' "

There was no sign around Ryan's neck Thursday night, just a dimpled grin that let everyone know he had gotten his man.

With the 29th pick in the draft, the Jets selected New Jersey product Kyle Wilson, an aggressive corner out of Boise State who will join forces with Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in the league's top-ranked passing defense.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...eller-rex-ryan
    Oops. Nike got schooled.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops. Nike got schooled.
    is he returning punts? and it seems he was rexs pick. does that make him any good?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops. Nike got schooled.
    not by you obviously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. i did learn somethng not to believe a damn thing rex says.
    I guess you don't believe anything Ozzie Newsome says either..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    really like this move if they sign him

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr Hearing from Chris Carr's agent, @esg_baker that workout with #jets went well but Carr will not be signing with them. #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr Hearing from Chris Carr's agent, @esg_baker that workout with #jets went well but Carr will not be signing with them. #nyj
    instead of signing a true cb, the jets would rather play a rb at cb, a cb at wr, a qb at wr and OL at Te, while developing rugby players to play Te as well. got it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: The Jets will not sign CB Chris Carr today, I'm told, and it's highly unlikely they will sign him anytime soon. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    instead of signing a true cb, the jets would rather play a rb at cb, a cb at wr, a qb at wr and OL at Te, while developing rugby players to play Te as well. got it.
    Well. Carr was cut by the vikes. Worked out for the Pats a couple of weeks ago and wasn't signed and now doesn't sound like he"ll be signed by the Jets anytime soon. Hmmmm. Something doesn't sound right with Carr?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    If it was Bellicheck and the Patriots doing it, they would be admired for having such versatile football players...like when Troy Brown played CB and Mike Vrabel played TE etc... etc.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. Carr was cut by the vikes. Worked out for the Pats a couple of weeks ago and wasn't signed and now doesn't sound like he"ll be signed by the Jets anytime soon. Hmmmm. Something doesn't sound right with Carr?
    successful franchises get the benefit of the doubt, right or wrong.