Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets working out Carr

this i like........high five.

Further proof that Kyle Wilson is terrible. Speaking of which, when is the last time the Jets drafted a good player? I mean, seriously! Look around the league. Teams plug their young talent in right away and get impact plays out of them right from the start! When is the last time we were able to do this?? Wilson, Ducasse, Hill.... every goddam pick turns into a 3 year failed experiment.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    Further proof that Kyle Wilson is terrible. Speaking of which, when is the last time the Jets drafted a good player? I mean, seriously! Look around the league. Teams plug their young talent in right away and get impact plays out of them right from the start! When is the last time we were able to do this?? Wilson, Ducasse, Hill.... every goddam pick turns into a 3 year failed experiment.
    How is this proof of wilson being terrible? We are working out someone who was cut by the vikings and not even signed by the patriots, this is clearly for depth. Get a clue please.

we obviously have no faith in wilson. they signed cro and now this. if that isnt proof that he sucks then i dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    How is this proof of wilson being terrible? We are working out someone who was cut by the vikings and not even signed by the patriots, this is clearly for depth. Get a clue please.
    If you have ever watched Kyle Wilson play, then you would know that he is terrible.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we obviously have no faith in wilson. they signed cro and now this. if that isnt proof that he sucks then i dont know what is.
    Kyle doesn't have the instincts that a starting CB should have. You don't draft a CB in the first round to play the nickle CB role. I get why they drafted him, he just hasn't turned out to be that great, yet. He's gotta be on his last rope here as he hasn't played to his potential. That's a resounding theme here at Jet land as half the roster is filled with players not playing to their potential. Most of which were drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Kyle doesn't have the instincts that a starting CB should have. You don't draft a CB in the first round to play the nickle CB role. I get why they drafted him, he just hasn't turned out to be that great, yet. He's gotta be on his last rope here as he hasn't played to his potential. That's a resounding theme here at Jet land as half the roster is filled with players not playing to their potential. Most of which were drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    i agree with you!

Jets Insider VIP
    Wilson is an excellent CB who will step up and be fine in the #2 outside.

When this happens srarting Sunday, of course, not a single SOJF poster that has written him off will admit they were wrong about him

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Because he's in his third season and still can't turn his head around or locate the ball. That's cornerback 101 stuff. If he was a third or fourth-round pick, I'd say he's fine, but definitely not as a first-rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Wilson is an excellent CB who will step up and be fine in the #2 outside.

When this happens srarting Sunday, of course, not a single SOJF poster that has written him off will admit they were wrong about him

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    i hope im dead wrong. but bringing in carr isnt showing a good sign of faith in him right now.

Exactly. Truly is amazing how stupid some here are.

Jets Insider VIP
    i hope im dead wrong. but bringing in carr isnt showing a good sign of faith in him right now.
    It doesn't, but who else do the Jets really have back there? Lankster? Trufant, who's terrible? The Jets could get away with these mediocre players if Revis was healthy. Without him ... I mean, do you really feel comfortable with Lankster as the nickel?

They need another CB on the roster to replace Revis

My some here are clueless

Veteran
    If you have ever watched Kyle Wilson play, then you would know that he is terrible.
    I think put in the position he has been he has been fine, he has his hiccups but I do not think he is as close as a bust as some on this board think. Also he has been playing slot, which is not his strongest position, we will know what wilson is by the end of this year. I would like someone to name a 3rd cb on another team that is better than wilson....

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

wanna bet carrs the starter in week 5 if they sign him?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Seriously....I think Carr knows rexs system from Baltimore so it could be an easy transition...

Haha.

Wilson is nothing special, but it speaks more to the fact that they don't want Isaiah Trufant as the dime back.

Besides, anytime a starter gets injured, most teams look to pick up a FA to replace the depth, not to insert him as an immediate starter.

The Jets want to keep Wilson in the slot. Lankster was the one playing outside when we had 3 CBs on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Seriously....I think Carr knows rexs system from Baltimore so it could be an easy transition...
    This......^^^