Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who's the best CB in the league now?

So who's the best CB in the league now?

I was having a convo with a good friend of mine about Revis and Jets football in general and he raised what I thought was an interesting question.

Is there a clear cut best corner in the league now? Or is it just a 1a 1 b 1c type deal?

I stopped caring because Revis is in a class of his own.

I know J Joseph is solid and prob the best if not the best but who else?

Jets Insider VIP
    Still Revis

Hes injured not DEAD

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Best remaining CBs IMHO (in no particular order):

Jonathan Joseph
    Lardarius Webb
    Joe Haden
    Brandon Flowers
    Champ Bailey
    Brandon Browner
    Asante Samuel

Then there are some other guys close:

Ike Taylor
    Carlos Rogers
    Patrick Peterson (struggled as a rookie and I thought struggled in Week 1, but has put in two solid performances in a row)
    Brandon Carr
    Tramon Williams

Can't forget about fellow IR'd cornerback Brent Grimes either.

Leon Hall is really solid, but he's still gaining strength back from last year's Achilles tear (thank god that didn't happen to Revis, I'll take a torn ACL over that any day of the week)

Interesting that at pretty much any other position you can argue who the best player is but at CB its pretty clear cut by everyone Revis is #1

All League
    Charter JI Member

Joe McKnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post

Jonathan Joseph
    Lardarius Webb
    Joe Haden
    Brandon Flowers
    Champ Bailey
    Brandon Browner
    Asante Samuel

Ike Taylor
    Carlos Rogers
    Patrick Peterson (struggled as a rookie and I thought struggled in Week 1, but has put in two solid performances in a row)
    Brandon Carr
    Tramon Williams

Leon Hall is really solid, but he's still gaining strength back from last year's Achilles tear (thank god that didn't happen to Revis, I'll take a torn ACL over that any day of the week)

Also funny how 2 years ago we were all over Nnamdi Asomugha now you don't even mention him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Joe haden is nasty.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

I'm still #1.........

cromartie.

This thread is depressing..Revis isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Also funny how 2 years ago we were all over Nnamdi Asomugha now you don't even mention him.

Jason at nyjetscap.com wrote an excellent article about CBs and Asomugha. He said basically the reason why he was "good" was based off of reputation and the fact that the rest of the Raiders was so easily exploitable, hence the very few targets thrown his way. Now that teams are forced to challenge him, they're having success. Not to mention the fact that Aso has stupidly had to play a lot of zone and handle a lot of slot responsibilities. Exposed + square peg in round hole and that is what you get. Rogers-Cromartie is better than him now, plus Aso is not young either.

Aso would have been a better fit here than Philly, but I'm REALLY glad we stuck with Cromartie. Much more efficient use of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Joe haden is nasty.
    Bingo.

Joe Haden, no question.

And don't forget about Peterson either.

All Pro

Jonathan Joseph
    Lardarius Webb
    Joe Haden
    Brandon Flowers
    Champ Bailey
    Brandon Browner
    Asante Samuel

Ike Taylor
    Carlos Rogers
    Brandon Carr
    Tramon Williams

I agree with most of your list, but Asante has no business being on there. He's one of the most over-rated players in the league.

I'd have to add Charles Tillman to the list of 2nd tier guys. He's a very solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Still Revis

Hes injured not DEAD

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    At least you didnt say Cromartie or Wilson.

Jason at nyjetscap.com wrote an excellent article about CBs and Asomugha. He said basically the reason why he was "good" was based off of reputation and the fact that the rest of the Raiders was so easily exploitable, hence the very few targets thrown his way. Now that teams are forced to challenge him, they're having success. Not to mention the fact that Aso has stupidly had to play a lot of zone and handle a lot of slot responsibilities. Exposed + square peg in round hole and that is what you get. Rogers-Cromartie is better than him now, plus Aso is not young either.

Aso would have been a better fit here than Philly, but I'm REALLY glad we stuck with Cromartie. Much more efficient use of $$$
    And to think people were screaming that Cro's overpaid, sack the guy etc. It was a smart pickup by the Jets and overall he has been good though still prone to daydreams in the end zone lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I agree with most of your list, but Asante has no business being on there. He's one of the most over-rated players in the league.

I'd have to add Charles Tillman to the list of 2nd tier guys. He's a very solid player.

As for Asante, you might be right for the top tier list. I think he's inconsistent year-to-year, but he can be a really good playmaker. That being said, he's a tad old and has never been a man-to-man guy. I tend to give man-to-man CBs a bump too since it's a harder skillset IMO.

Good call on Tillman...he's played really well through three games.

P.S. You're sig makes me well up with tears.

All Pro
    In my opinion, it's between Patrick Peterson, Joe Haden, and Jonathan Joseph.

Haden
    Joseph
    Peterson
    Browner
    Webb

Those guys are true Shut Down corners