Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who's the best CB in the league now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnathan Joseph is the easy answer but I like Aqib Talib a lot. If he can stay healthy he is right up there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I agree with most of your list, but Asante has no business being on there. He's one of the most over-rated players in the league.

I'd have to add Charles Tillman to the list of 2nd tier guys. He's a very solid player.
    So tired of people saying Samuel is overrated. He had two bad years and everyone wrote him off. He's been top 5 for the last 2 years. The Eagles got rid of him because the 3 corner experiment didn't work last year, and he was the best candidate to move. Aso's contract is untradeable and DRC is the youngest of the bunch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not Cro, he's not even in the top 20. Another over paid POS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IDK but it def aint Nnamdi Asotoast......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Champ Bailey is still very good. He's no Revis, never has been, never will be, but he is an above average CB and once upon a time considered to be the best in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Jason at nyjetscap.com wrote an excellent article about CBs and Asomugha. He said basically the reason why he was "good" was based off of reputation and the fact that the rest of the Raiders was so easily exploitable, hence the very few targets thrown his way. Now that teams are forced to challenge him, they're having success. Not to mention the fact that Aso has stupidly had to play a lot of zone and handle a lot of slot responsibilities. Exposed + square peg in round hole and that is what you get. Rogers-Cromartie is better than him now, plus Aso is not young either.

Aso would have been a better fit here than Philly, but I'm REALLY glad we stuck with Cromartie. Much more efficient use of $$$
    It's amazing Aso wouldn't find out how they plan to use him prior to deciding to sign with Philly. It seems he and his agent just went for the biggest contract.