Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Trade for MJD

Should Trade for MJD

At this point with Revis out and prob not having to go all in on his $$$, Jets should seriously consider trading next years 2nd + picks or a conditional first for MJD. Weakened def will need more ball control and with them 2-1 out of the gate, I can live with losing the pick to get a stud RB. Besides our first round picks are not really setting the league on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    At this point with Revis out and prob not having to go all in on his $$$, Jets should seriously consider trading next years 2nd + picks or a conditional first for MJD. Weakened def will need more ball control and with them 2-1 out of the gate, I can live with losing the pick to get a stud RB. Besides our first round picks are not really setting the league on fire....
    No need to do anything that will only make us "better".

Unless you think the move puts us in SB contention (I do not), I'd rather keep the picks and not mortgage the future . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jags wanted to trade him they would have already done so. It's not happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jacksonville should just trade their best player for 2nd round picks. Brilliant. How you arent the jags gm I have no clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Even the ant needs some blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Jacksonville should just trade their best player for 2nd round picks. Brilliant. How you arent the jags gm I have no clue.
    Guess you do not know how to read, Conditional 1st. Screw it, do the 1st and yes he does make us better and fits the "Ground and Pound" that they are trying to use. Why hold out hope we can score a impact player in the 1st and 2nd round. He has at least three good years left and is just what this team needs. Does JAX do it, doubt it, but make a good enough offer who knows. JAX will not be going anywhere this season and it would be worth the shot in the watered down AFC...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

We are a 5 win team that has too many old guys with fat contracts.

So add another old guy with a fat contract.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    You need to check the roster.

SAR I
    so three wins the rest of the year?? Doubt it. Pitt creams the Jets, Miami creams Oakland, Oakland beats Pitt, and the Jets beat Miami... its the NFL, you go for it ALWAYS... Pipe dream of a trade, but I would do it in a heartbeat...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

so three wins the rest of the year?? Doubt it. Pitt creams the Jets, Miami creams Oakland, Oakland beats Pitt, and the Jets beat Miami... its the NFL, you go for it ALWAYS... Pipe dream of a trade, but I would do it in a heartbeat...
    I'd prefer we trade away the dead weight we're carrying, get ready for 2014 when we might actually be good again.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    MJD is a great player with 2 years left on his deal at a very resonable price. The Jags need people in the stands and watching on tv. You trade jones drew and you lose 3/4ths of the fanbase.

This is not even worth talking about as jones drew is not on the market.

Banned
    Screw it, do the 1st and yes he does make us better and fits the "Ground and Pound" that they are trying to use.
    Ground and Pound is nothing more than a delusional pipedream for the Jets.

The Jets have neither the OLine nor RB's to be that kind of team.

Once again, Rex trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Throw Tebow in there and those tarps are coming off the rest of the year....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

congrats on 50k posts on a Jets board... worry about your own team and your coach

SAR I
    He's 26 or 27 and his contract right now is pretty reasonable for his production.

Jets Insider VIP

Well we have to be something. And its definatley not a passing team. We are really not good at anything on offense. Or on defense for that matter.

How the hell are we in 1st place?

I'd prefer we trade away the dead weight we're carrying, get ready for 2014 when we might actually be good again.

SAR I
    The Superbowl is in our stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    No need to do anything that will only make us "better".

Unless you think the move puts us in SB contention (I do not), I'd rather keep the picks and not mortgage the future . . .
    The grass is always greener...

Better to keep the draft picks. I believe Pow can be even more productive for the Jets with more touches as the #1 and supported by McK and Greene as change of pace and closers respectively. The return of Keller and improvement over time from Hill should take some heat off the run D and reduce the 7 in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's 26 or 27 and his contract right now is pretty reasonable for his production.

27 for an NFL RB is not like a 27 year old QB. Guys with his miles go from great to retreads in a blink of an eye. Would gladly take him on but not for a high draft pick.

no way is jacksonville trading mjd.