Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty obvious reasons why K. Ellis and Coples haven't played much

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty obvious reasons why K. Ellis and Coples haven't played much

It was pretty obvious from his presser that Rex is almost in shock at the teams problems stopping the run. He said he's never had to deal with a situation like this before.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he's better learn how to deal with it NOW. The problem certainly isn't going to go away because Rex says he's never had to deal with a problem like this before.

It also pisses me off recently and I really don't get it.

Back in 2009, Rex benched Kerry Rhodes because he knew Sherry wasn't giving his all. WHY not do the same to some of the underperformers on this team?

Shon Greene should be his first target. Start Powell in his place and if we get what we need from Powell? I say cut/trade Greene after the season.

Rex seems to be afriad or maybe just not smart enough to realize he SHOULD bench these bums on the team. The very BEST players should always be given the privilege of starting for the team, not some veteran who might think he's entitled.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am absolutely positively sick of Rex bragging about this and that regarding his ****ing defense and his defensive skills and prowess and his old defenses...

HEY REX

This here is your ****ing defense, fix it now and fix it fast.

This guy is turning into a huge clown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well the d-line with the usual cast of characters hasn't looked that great.Let's give the young guys a shot.

But this is the same staff that continues give Greene the rock,and who continues to get 2 yards a clip

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rex,

If you are so good at coaching Defense, then try for the 1st time without Ray Lewis, Ed reed, or Darrell Revis.

Rex IS the problem. B/C he seduced Tanny and Woody with his Bluster. They believed every word he said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Hey Rex,

If you are so good at coaching Defense, then try for the 1st time without Ray Lewis, Ed reed, or Darrell Revis.

Rex IS the problem. B/C he seduced Tanny and Woody with his Bluster. They believed every word he said.
    Because they are not football men.

Think about it....REX is the high water mark ofnfootball of the NY Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rex,

So Rex talks a lot, who cares? 2 AFC Championship appearances and a top 5 defense three consecutive seasons is fine by me the way this franchise played the previous ten seasons. The defense is going to take a hit without Revis but there's no reason it shouldn't be in the top 10 this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    So Rex talks a lot, who cares? 2 AFC Championship appearances and a top 5 defense three consecutive seasons is fine by me the way this franchise played the previous ten seasons. The defense is going to take a hit without Revis but there's no reason it shouldn't be in the top 10 this year.
    The Defense even when it was top 5 couldn't ever get off the field in a big spot. And STOP talking about 2 AFC championship Losses. No One Cares. They gotten worse each year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    another thread

more SOJFs whining about the team after a WIN

we don't need a better defense

we need BETTER FANS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    It's ranked 21 right now......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    It was pretty obvious from his presser that Rex is almost in shock at the teams problems stopping the run. He said he's never had to deal with a situation like this before.
    I don't blame Rex, I blame the scouts. Lets just hire people from the Ravens and Steelers and give them promotions. We could probably just hire random people from those organizations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, he's better learn how to deal with it NOW. The problem certainly isn't going to go away because Rex says he's never had to deal with a problem like this before.

It also pisses me off recently and I really don't get it.

Back in 2009, Rex benched Kerry Rhodes because he knew Sherry wasn't giving his all. WHY not do the same to some of the underperformers on this team?

Shon Greene should be his first target. Start Powell in his place and if we get what we need from Powell? I say cut/trade Greene after the season.

Rex seems to be afriad or maybe just not smart enough to realize he SHOULD bench these bums on the team. The very BEST players should always be given the privilege of starting for the team, not some veteran who might think he's entitled.
    when you get off your soap box the op mentioned that Coples and Ellis are not playing. Ya think Rex might be giving a message to the underperformers( coples/ Ellis) on our team? But you are right! You really don't get it! The only item you wrote that makes sense is that the best players should be playing!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Defense even when it was top 5 couldn't ever get off the field in a big spot. And STOP talking about 2 AFC championship Losses. No One Cares. They gotten worse each year.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    another thread

more SOJFs whining about the team after a WIN

we don't need a better defense

we need BETTER FANS
    +100000000000000000000000!!!!! SOJ should stand for "Same Old Jerks".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's partly because the offense was 3 and out most of the yearrrrr

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    No big plays from Wilkerson, Ellis, Maybin or Coples so far. Getting frustrated. Hope we see some hits, sacks, forced fumbles on Sunday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Because they are not football men.

Think about it....REX is the high water mark ofnfootball of the NY Jets.
    Reverse engineering your thoughts...you're saying Rex puts Parcells to shame?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    No big plays from Wilkerson, Ellis, Maybin or Coples so far. Getting frustrated. Hope we see some hits, sacks, forced fumbles on Sunday.
    Can't make plays if you're not on the field

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson has been ridiculous vs. the run. Coples needs to see the field cause he is getting some passrush when he gets in. Our LBs continue to be the issue. I have never been a huge Harris fan and sadly he is not exactly blowing it up to make me eat the crow I had prepared

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's in Rex's best interest to have the balls to make the unpopular decisions and sit some of the personnel.
    Revis going down no doubt is going to hurt but we just might see Rex at his best in the next few weeks. He can't rest and needs to make this unit produce with what Tannenbaum gave him. Should be interesting.