Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty obvious reasons why K. Ellis and Coples haven't played much

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I don't give a sh!t about Top 5 or Top 3 defenses or stopping the run. I just want to win. We kid ourselves with this defense. Bottom line is it has never been elite and it has been eons since it got a stop when it needed to. This defense is the most overhyped unit I can ever remember. Even when the run defense was good it never came up big when it needed to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The Defense even when it was top 5 couldn't ever get off the field in a big spot. And STOP talking about 2 AFC championship Losses. No One Cares. They gotten worse each year.
    just stop talking....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Because they are not football men.

Think about it....REX is the high water mark ofnfootball of the NY Jets.
    Uh no. That honor goes to Mr. Weeb Eubank

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    another thread

more SOJFs whining about the team after a WIN

we don't need a better defense

we need BETTER FANS
    This. There isn't this much whining and estrogen on Oprah.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Defense even when it was top 5 couldn't ever get off the field in a big spot. And STOP talking about 2 AFC championship Losses. No One Cares. They gotten worse each year.
    And Aaron Rodgers sucks too, i mean he is 1-3 in his last 4 games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And Aaron Rodgers sucks too, i mean he is 1-3 in his last 4 games.
    For 43 years?

Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Uh no. That honor goes to Mr. Weeb Eubank
    In this NY Jets.... not historically. Historically , the list is at least a few others I would hope including Tuna.

The entire football country thinks of the JETS as basically a passing by football team on their schedule. Like the Cardinals and Seahawks SB teams. Was lucky and good for them but NO ONE outside Jet world thinks we are a threat.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-26-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples and Ellis are young players. Maybe they haven't "bought in" or maybe they are not giving their all in practice, film study, etc. Who knows why they aren't playing so much. And while I know there are some future HCs and GMs on this board, I'd trust Rex and Pettine when it comes to playing time.

Say what you want about Rex, but guys love to play for him ... they say it all the time. He can get guys motivated. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under Coples and Ellis. We really need those guys to step up. Simple as that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. I don't give a sh!t about Top 5 or Top 3 defenses or stopping the run. I just want to win. We kid ourselves with this defense. Bottom line is it has never been elite and it has been eons since it got a stop when it needed to. This defense is the most overhyped unit I can ever remember. Even when the run defense was good it never came up big when it needed to.
    The 2009 defense was off the charts good.

Only 4 games where they allowed even 300 yards. 6 games where they allowed less than 200 yards.

Only 4 games allowing 20 points. 8 games allowing 14 points or less.

19 Touchdowns allowed for the season.

For context, we allowed 35 TDs in 2010 and 32 in 2011. The next best team in '09 allowed 25 TDs. The Ravens allowed the fewest TDs in 2011, 22.

It was one of the 3 best defenses of the last 10 years. That was the year we could have won 13 games if we had gotten average QB play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Only 4 games where they allowed even 300 yards. 6 games where they allowed less than 200 yards.

For context, we allowed 35 TDs in 2010 and 32 in 2011. The next best team in '09 allowed 25 TDs. The Ravens allowed the fewest TDs in 2011, 22.

It was one of the 3 best defenses of the last 10 years. That was the year we could have won 13 games if we had gotten average QB play.
    Off the charts is a relative term. We had defenses in the 80s that dwarfed that D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not even close to true

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

You know what I remember about the 2009 defense. I remember MJD gashing them, I remember not getting a stop against the Falcons, and then allowing Indy to score a TD before the half that changed the entire AFCCG.

I can't argue, the overall stats are gaudy for 2009 but in the biggest moments all of Rex's defenses have come up short. And the league has since caught up to his exotic blitzes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    to be sure the defense took a blow when revis went down but as long as the dline steps up things will be fine. relax it's only game 4 and the players are still figuring each other out. don't forget they just dropped thomas for mcintire and now they're trying to bring coples and ellis into the mix. they did very well against pitt and should have had about 7 sacks. nothing wrong with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    to be sure the defense took a blow when revis went down but as long as the dline steps up things will be fine. relax it's only game 4 and the players are still figuring each other out. don't forget they just dropped thomas for mcintire and now they're trying to bring coples and ellis into the mix. they did very well against pitt and should have had about 7 sacks. nothing wrong with that.
    2-1 and first place is obviously not good enough for our resident SOJFs

will 4-1 after beating the Niners and Texans be enough to make them shut up and go away?

GO JETS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

will 4-1 after beating the Niners and Texans be enough to make them shut up and go away?

GO JETS
    They will not go away ... But they will change their tune. However the chances of this happenings resemble the Powerball lottery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna bet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 90 days left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. There isn't this much whining and estrogen on Oprah.
    Agreed. The Kool-Aid drinkers really need to stop their constant b1tching and moaning. Always and forever whining at their fellow Jets fans rather than take an honest look at the product being sent onto the field. Sand in the vagina much?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

GO JETS
    The obvious question being what would be enough to make YOU shut up and go away?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Many here have been watching this team as long as you.

Some choose to view each victory as a little miracle unto itself..cherish it like a little puppy, whilst pumping their chests and growling at the world in triumph! Thats fine.

Some view all games as a "perfomance" indicative of future performances....they evaluate overall play and speculate on effectiveness...they debate with like minded fans...

If the Jets knock off even the Niners....it will change my view that this is a ineptly run team full of dudes that havent bought in to what Rex is selling.

If not...I'll still respect your right to crow over individual victories without a nod to the big picture.

I would hope you are capable of the same.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Many here have been watching this team as long as you.

Some choose to view each victory as a little miracle unto itself..cherish it like a little puppy, whilst pumping their chests and growling at the world in triumph! Thats fine.

Some view all games as a "perfomance" indicative of future performances....they evaluate overall play and speculate on effectiveness...they debate with like minded fans...

If the Jets knock off even the Niners....it will change my view that this is a ineptly run team full of dudes that havent bought in to what Rex is selling.

If not...I'll still respect your right to crow over individual victories without a nod to the big picture.

I would hope you are capable of the same.

-
    I agree