Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets have 'no plans' to demote Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. We should make a thread with all the bullsh!t quotes from Rex and Tanny over the years.
    Didn't SAR compile a list already?

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    You would think with Green being a FA the Jets would want see what out other backs got so personnel decisions could be made during the off season.
    Exactly !

I don't mind Greene at the end of games as a closer. But seeing him play in the first half is just depressing. Give any of the other guys (including our new William & Mary addition) some carries early on. They can't do worse than 2.8 YPC.

"Eric Smith is our guy."
    -Rex Ryan, 2011 Training Camp

This lack of ability to evaluate talent is getting old. It's so obvious that Powell gives this offense a much better boost, I just dot get how they can't make him the starter. It would make Greene a better player as well. I feel like he is more effective with less carries because of his running style. He initiates so much contact, he gets banged up quite a bit and needs time to recover. Powell has a better burst, better vision, better hands and is a better blocker, what more do you need to take the job?

All Pro
    Take the blinders off, Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    "Wayne Hunter is our guy"

- Rex Ryan, August 2012
    Rex said all through last season and into this preseason although there was a mountain of evidence against him being a serviceable starter.

The Jets seem slow in their evaluation of their own talent. They don't just let their players fail, they wait until they crash and burn before making a move.

Jets Insider VIP
    So in other words, you could change this thread title to:

Jets have 'no plans' to effectively run the ball.

Rookie
    It would be one thing to say it, but the worst part is that Rex coaches like he believes this stuff.

All League
    Please. If last week was any sort of indicator, we're going to be seeing MORE Powell and McKnight. Especially against the Niners that will bring that 3.0 YPC average of Greene down to about 2 YPC by 4pm Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    The 1st & goal at the 1 when Greene tried to fly over the pile should be Powell's job for now on.

Greene is made of lead, has a vertical leap of about 2".
    That was a great play by the linebacker Barnett and Miami has one of the best run defenses in the league. However, I feel they would have made it in if they had continued barreling Green up the middle and/or trying a QB sneak/dive, especially with Connor back healthy.

We abandoned the run after 1st down and tried to get cute with Tebow and Sanchez running around. G&P baby.

We left a lot of yards on the field Sunday where we could have bounced it to the outside with speed. I would like to see more Powell / McKnight in the 1st and 3rd quarters to chip away at the defense, and a heavy dose of Greene in the 2nd the 4th to run them over. I think the issue is trust with the coaches.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    "I am one of the best defensive minds in the NFL..."

-Rex Ryan, August 2012
    WLF does Rex know about offense???

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. We should make a thread with all the bullsh!t quotes from Rex and Tanny over the years.
    "We are committed to Brian Schottenheimer as our OC this coming season"

-Mike Tannenbaum, January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    "We are committed to Brian Schottenheimer as our OC this coming season"

-Mike Tannenbaum, January 2012
    wasn't that 2 or 3 days before he left ??

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    The 1st & goal at the 1 when Greene tried to fly over the pile should be Powell's job for now on.

Greene is made of lead, has a vertical leap of about 2".
    That was embarrassing. This fool stumbles too much in the open field and has poor vision, He runs like he's overweight, with poor body control.And people were giving McK a hard time about poor conditioning. Go figure

All Pro
    I don't believe this one bit.

Well see Powell getting more and more reps as the weeks go on. I never thought it was going to be an abrupt change.

But at some point soon, Powell will be the starter and Greene back to the closer.

I hope.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    wasn't that 2 or 3 days before he left ??
    nah he left about a half hr after we was turned down from the JAX HC job lol

Its a long season so there is no need to wearout GREENE by wk 12. Jets hav plenty of rb's. SGreene, BPowell, JMcknite , & new RB JGrimes... I want to see every1 runn da rock!!!..

I have the perfect solution for what to do with Greene (but not how to solve the RB situation). Instead of being the starting HB, Greene should be the starting FB. He seems to always find contact while the "Terminator" doesn't know who to block half the time.