Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End for Romney? New Poll Gives Obama 10% Lead in Ohio, 9% in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    There are more D's than r's right now. The r's continue to alienate Americans
    The 47% are screwing the rest of the working people. They get the most freebies, but contribute no taxes. Their Obama's backers!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The 47% are screwing the rest of the working people. They get the most freebies, but contribute no taxes. Their Obama's backers!
    They're Obama backers.

That flag shows those that gain plenty from the socialized losses and the privatized corporate gains. Like you, I am a JFK democrat, asking not what my country can do for me, but what I can do for my country.

Yes, I am also a helluva Marine

Not a JFK democrat. Too young to have voted for him. He was more moderate than today's commie dems. Still, appeal to the mob (masses). The real mob also. LOL
    Most of the companies in the stupid OWS flag are hardly on corporate welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    To be fair, isn't Timmy is an emigre to VT.
    One of our finest Presidents was from VT. (before it became a Marxist
    Dairy-ocracy)

Acknowledged. I tend to be rather aggressive on those I identify as America haters. A fair amount on JI regrettably.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Acknowledged. I tend to be rather aggressive on those I identify as America haters. A fair amount on JI regrettably.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTuwaO7ZFAY

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    They're Obama backers.
    OMG. Your so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The BS you spew here on a daily basis is so tiresome.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ty_affiliation

Do you ever have facts to back up the things you say, or do you just accept what you want to believe as reality?
    Raz is a rw slanted information provider. You just cannot stand to face factual data

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I can't comprehend how you believe that the small amount of welfare people get on a monthly can even add up to the monies the oil companies get in tax breaks (WELFARE) and such.

We started a war in Iraq for no other reason than to fill the coffers of the major defense contractors. You need to get off the rw kool aid.

When I was on Active Duty, Marines served in the chow halls. Now it is done by contractors. Why? In fact every base I ate chow at was served by the type of military base personnel that I went to.

You really need a wake up call here. These guys have your mind wrapped up into something that apparently you cannot even fathom.

Raz is a rw slanted information provider. You just cannot stand to face factual data

Ras is not slanted. They were the most accurate polling outfit in the 2008 and 2010 election cycles. Their partisan identification models were gathered through contacts with over 300,000 voters and is backed up by exit polling data. There are hard numbers to these things. In 2008 the actual voting electorate was D+7. In 2004 it was R+2.

If you think 2012 is as favorable of a year for democrats as the historic 2008 election you are fooling yourself. Most of those polling outfits including Pew are using a D+7 or greater sample to make their estimates. When I look at those polls the only numbers that interest me are those of the independents. Looking at the independents number peels away all of the noise and pollster bias. Romney continues to lead among independents though the margin has come down a few points since the conventions. Romney also leads in voter enthusiasm though again the margins shifted with some gains there by Obama since Clinton spoke. Right now there is a 12point pro Romney enthusiasm edge.

I admit seeing polling so close or slightly favoring Obama makes me nervous but these things ebb and flow in election cycles. In the end a lot of what that article from the Vegas bookmaker resonates. The economy is tough, Obama policies havent helped. We have an administration that has leaked national security secrets for political gain, lied about a terrorist attack in Libya, supported the ouster of a friendly regime in Egypt and fostered the empowerment of a terrorist group there, billions spent on phony green energy companies almost all of which are bankrupt within 3 years, alienated our allies in Israel, inexplicably shipped weapons to Mexican drug cartels, allowed our ambassador to be unprotected in a terror hot spot resulting in his rape and murder. The list goes on and on. No person that voted for McCain will vote for Obama. Plenty of Obama voters will stay home or switch their votes. This election will be close and it's still anyones game.

I can't comprehend how you believe that the small amount of welfare people get on a monthly can even add up to the monies the oil companies get in tax breaks (WELFARE) and such.

We started a war in Iraq for no other reason than to fill the coffers of the major defense contractors. You need to get off the rw kool aid.

When I was on Active Duty, Marines served in the chow halls. Now it is done by contractors. Why? In fact every base I ate chow at was served by the type of military base personnel that I went to.

You really need a wake up call here. These guys have your mind wrapped up into something that apparently you cannot even fathom.

Please do me a favor. I'm doing you one to help increase your knowledge.
    Go to any search engine. Yahoo's financial is pretty good. Pull up XOM (Exxon). Or COP or whatever oil. Look at the income statement icon. Look at the taxes paid. BIG TIME.
    Iraq? It was a way to fight in the ME. Flex muscle.
    I agree that contractors should not be serving food. But, the duty roster kept fighters unavailable for duty. I was an officer. I hated losing men to duties other than their primary responsibility. It made me and my unit less effective.

Jets Insider VIP

LOL.

You're among the most clueless people I've ever come across.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Ras is not slanted. They were the most accurate polling outfit in the 2008 and 2010 election cycles. Their partisan identification models were gathered through contacts with over 300,000 voters and is backed up by exit polling data. There are hard numbers to these things. In 2008 the actual voting electorate was D+7. In 2004 it was R+2.

If you think 2012 is as favorable of a year for democrats as the historic 2008 election you are fooling yourself. Most of those polling outfits including Pew are using a D+7 or greater sample to make their estimates. When I look at those polls the only numbers that interest me are those of the independents. Looking at the independents number peels away all of the noise and pollster bias. Romney continues to lead among independents though the margin has come down a few points since the conventions. Romney also leads in voter enthusiasm though again the margins shifted with some gains there by Obama since Clinton spoke. Right now there is a 12point pro Romney enthusiasm edge.

I admit seeing polling so close or slightly favoring Obama makes me nervous but these things ebb and flow in election cycles. In the end a lot of what that article from the Vegas bookmaker resonates. The economy is tough, Obama policies havent helped. We have an administration that has leaked national security secrets for political gain, lied about a terrorist attack in Libya, supported the ouster of a friendly regime in Egypt and fostered the empowerment of a terrorist group there, billions spent on phony green energy companies almost all of which are bankrupt within 3 years, alienated our allies in Israel, inexplicably shipped weapons to Mexican drug cartels, allowed our ambassador to be unprotected in a terror hot spot resulting in his rape and murder. The list goes on and on. No person that voted for McCain will vote for Obama. Plenty of Obama voters will stay home or switch their votes. This election will be close and it's still anyones game.
    And here we have the opposite side of blind bias.

Romney is going to lose. Prepare yourself. Isn't the disappointment you have around this football team enough for you?

Romney is going to lose. Prepare yourself. Isn't the disappointment you have around this football team enough for you?
    Sometimes I think that whoever I root for is doomed to lose. Almost like its my fault. I was so down on Sunday afternoon with the Jets debacle. To make matters worse I lost in 5 of my 6 fantasy football leagues. I'm in the dumps today for sure.

Side note, for me personally this election is the same as the Jets in the Superbowl. The joy of victory would be equal or greater then a Jets SB win.

By the way other than the part at the bottom of my post about Obamas failures I dont see the bias in my post. You really think people that voted for McCain will switch to Obama? Do you think young people will turn out in record numbers again? You don't believe that at least a small swath of Obama voters are disappointed with their choice and have changed their minds? You don't think the unmotivated R voters in 2008 that stayed home because of their dislike for McCain or Palin will show up to vote this time? That's common sense stuff not blind partisanship. Will it be enough? I'm not sure but it can still go either way. That said I thought the Jets were a 10 win team this season so what do I know.

Jets Insider VIP
    By the way other than the part at the bottom of my post about Obamas failures I dont see the bias in my post. You really think people that voted for McCain will switch to Obama? Do you think young people will turn out in record numbers again? You don't believe that at least a small swath of Obama voters are disappointed with their choice and have changed their minds? You don't think the unmotivated R voters in 2008 that stayed home because of their dislike for McCain or Palin will show up to vote this time? That's common sense stuff not blind partisanship. Will it be enough? I'm not sure but it can still go either way. That said I thought the Jets were a 10 win team this season so what do I know.
    I think most of this voter motivation doesn't mean a thing. More motivated R voters means Romney wins the same red states that McCain did by a wider margain. Less motivated D voters means Obama wins his blue states by slightly less. In the end, when Ohio, Florida and Virginia go to Obama, Romney will never be heard from again.

The GOP fails miserably when it comes to public relations. Every BS slogan the Dems come up with works, because the GOP sucks at responding to it. They had a golden opportunity to win over Latinos, and they blew it. And if they could only speak to women in reasonable terms, they could balance out that gap based on pure nonsense.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 10-01-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im lowering my monthly overhead about $150. here's how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Please do me a favor. I'm doing you one to help increase your knowledge.
    Go to any search engine. Yahoo's financial is pretty good. Pull up XOM (Exxon). Or COP or whatever oil. Look at the income statement icon. Look at the taxes paid. BIG TIME.
    Iraq? It was a way to fight in the ME. Flex muscle.
    I agree that contractors should not be serving food. But, the duty roster kept fighters unavailable for duty. I was an officer. I hated losing men to duties other than their primary responsibility. It made me and my unit less effective.
    Black Water was fighting in Iraq too. The American populace was paying not only Soldiers and Marines to fight, but mercenaries also. They cost much more than the regular American troop.

I am well aware of what these companies pay in taxes and clearly they do not all pay their fare share and many of them are subsidized by the American middle/working class. Have you seen the farm subsidies lately? Google that.

There is so much corn being produced now and the price has raised immensely over the past few years. There is now High Fructose Corn Syrup in many more foods than even 5 years ago.

Adding to the poor health and diets that many American share.

Again, they socialize the losses and capitalize the gains and profits. Even Romney has offshore accounts.

I only had chow duty in boot camp. Every platoon would have it for 1 week. Having the units feed themselves is the American way till GWB got in office

LOL.

You're among the most clueless people I've ever come across.
    We'll see about that!!!!!!!!!

Raz is rw:

http://www.google.com/search?q=is+ra...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I found that 538 the most accurate in the last Presidential election

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Hall Of Fame

The GOP fails miserably when it comes to public relations.
    They should go back to " maverick", like last year .All the repubs were mavericks, and the dems were not. Some like Sarah Pailin and Joe the Plumber were "real mavericks", like an extra special maverick - a real honor.

Or they could go back to A Thousand Points of Light, because that sounded natural and off the cuff, not hatched by the Republican public relations honchos.