Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: End for Romney? New Poll Gives Obama 10% Lead in Ohio, 9% in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Raz is rw:

http://www.google.com/search?q=is+ra...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I found that 538 the most accurate in the last Presidential election

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
    538 is not a pollster, he is a liberal pundit that analyzes polls.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    They should go back to " maverick", like last year .All the repubs were mavericks, and the dems were not. Some like Sarah Pailin and Joe the Plumber were "real mavericks", like an extra special maverick - a real honor.
    Last election cycle, Joe the Plumber was put on a pedestal as a shining example of a real American. This cycle, he's a 47 percenter, a do nothing leech who is draining the country.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I think most of this voter motivation doesn't mean a thing. More motivated R voters means Romney wins the same red states that McCain did by a wider margain. Less motivated D voters means Obama wins his blue states by slightly less. In the end, when Ohio, Florida and Virginia go to Obama, Romney will never be heard from again.

The GOP fails miserably when it comes to public relations. Every BS slogan the Dems come up with works, because the GOP sucks at responding to it. They had a golden opportunity to win over Latinos, and they blew it. And if they could only speak to women in reasonable terms, they could balance out that gap based on pure nonsense.
    I haven't heard anything said by Romney that was in any way disparaging to women. Quite the opposite. It is the messaging that can be a problem but I blame a media that is actively rooting for Obama to win. The headlines for a week after the Bengazi debacle were criticizing Romney because he criticized Obama. If thats not wacko I don't know what is. The media has mainly ignored the scandals plaguing the Obama administration. Only Fox News and internet sources cover these things at all. It is a tough hurdle to overcome.

Your contention about enthusiasm is off as well. If fewer D are enthusiastic about voting for Obama it absolutely will affect the final talley in states like Ohio and Florida which are neck and neck right now as it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I haven't heard anything said by Romney that was in any way disparaging to women. Quite the opposite. It is the messaging that can be a problem but I blame a media that is actively rooting for Obama to win. The headlines for a week after the Bengazi debacle were criticizing Romney because he criticized Obama. If thats not wacko I don't know what is. The media has mainly ignored the scandals plaguing the Obama administration. Only Fox News and internet sources cover these things at all. It is a tough hurdle to overcome.

Your contention about enthusiasm is off as well. If fewer D are enthusiastic about voting for Obama it absolutely will affect the final talley in states like Ohio and Florida which are neck and neck right now as it is.
    I didn't say Romney was disparaging towards women. But the Democrats have painted that picture and the public buys it. It's a perception that could be easily dispelled with the right response and the right message, but the GOP simply can't formulate or articulate it.

Swing states are swing states because they have higher percentage s of independent voters. When you read about voter enthusiasm, you're hearing about people who are already party aligned. The impact of enthusiasm is felt far more in states that are already decided.

All Pro

Apparently there is a enthusiasm gap between (D) and (R) about 16 pts.

You would never know that judging from the losers here that were "smart" enough to usher in B. Hussein's reign of error last time but still too stupid to do anything about it this time.

538 is not a pollster, he is a liberal pundit that analyzes polls.

I said that they are the most accurate

Black Water was fighting in Iraq too. The American populace was paying not only Soldiers and Marines to fight, but mercenaries also. They cost much more than the regular American troop.

I am well aware of what these companies pay in taxes and clearly they do not all pay their fare share and many of them are subsidized by the American middle/working class. Have you seen the farm subsidies lately? Google that.

There is so much corn being produced now and the price has raised immensely over the past few years. There is now High Fructose Corn Syrup in many more foods than even 5 years ago.

Adding to the poor health and diets that many American share.

Again, they socialize the losses and capitalize the gains and profits. Even Romney has offshore accounts.

I only had chow duty in boot camp. Every platoon would have it for 1 week. Having the units feed themselves is the American way till GWB got in office
    Blackwater was providing specific "security". Security that the MILITARY did not want to do. Some got out of hand and did vigilante work.
    Even when I was in Vietnam, we had contractors both in the rear and out in the bush. Have always had them.
    Subsidies. I'll say no to any subsidies. Including food stamps, unemployment, education loans, home loans.
    YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND A CORPORATE INCOME STATEMENT if you say companies are not paying hefty taxes. US corporate taxes are among the highest in the world.
    BTW, without subsidies to oil and ag individual costs would be WAY higher.
    You only had chow duty in boot camp? What about other unit duties? Where did the manpower come from? Ah, the easy life of garrison duty. Tough tour eh?
    Let's not entend your knowledge base to food and the use of corn syrup. That has been used since before you or I were born.

I said that they are the most accurate
    Liberal pundit that was correct about the 2008 election??? Shocker. I thought we were discussing pollsters and polling.