Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/26

Jets Tweets & Info 9/26

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    http://turnonthejets.com/2012/09/turn-on-the-jets-offensive-film-breakdown-jets-vs-dolphins/ … - It is an embarrassment to #Jets front office that Cumberland has started 2 games and that Clyde Gates sees reps

Jets Coaches and FO call but I'd at least like to give Sanjay Lal some time with Gates..He's raw.

Cumberland should be put on an extremely short lease...He's sucked now two straight games..
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-26-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Cornerback Donnie Fletcher was signed to the practice squad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    http://turnonthejets.com/2012/09/turn-on-the-jets-offensive-film-breakdown-jets-vs-dolphins/ … - It is an embarrassment to #Jets front office that Cumberland has started 2 games and that Clyde Gates sees reps

Jets Coaches and FO call but I'd at least like to give Sanjay Lal some time with Gates..He's raw.

Cumberland should be put on an extremely short lease...He's sucked now two straight games..
    And Kellen Winslow was sitting there for 2 weeks.

But I guess he's not a Tangini-type player.

Jets Insider VIP
    And Kellen Winslow was sitting there for 2 weeks.
    Winslow is not the answer. He is a jerk and waaaaay past his prime.

Gates is here because of Tony Sparano. He drafted him a few years back.

We need Keller back asap and Gates should be cut.

All League
    http://turnonthejets.com/2012/09/turn-on-the-jets-offensive-film-breakdown-jets-vs-dolphins/ - It is an embarrassment to #Jets front office that Cumberland has started 2 games and that Clyde Gates sees reps

Looking at that last picture of Greene getting only 2 yards on a play where
    trucks could've been driven through the holes the O-Line opened is
    incredible. How Greene could hold his head up during game review
    meetings on Monday is beyond me. That was shameful

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Winslow >>>> Cumberland.

That's the point.

Not entirely true...He was one of the Jets pre-draft invites so they liked him too.

Hall Of Fame
    They should have pulled the plug on Greene a dozen or so games ago.

But this is the same organization that sent Wayne Hunter onto the field for 16 games and allowed Eric Smith to get abused in coverage for 16 games. And the same organization that has gone 7+ years without a legitimate pass rushing threat.

Gates is a developmental player with great speed. There's nothing wrong with him filling out the bottom of our roster. If McKnight got hurt, Gates would likely be our kick-return guy. I don't understand the criticism here.

As to Cumberland I've been pretty disappointed in his play. I had hopes that he would turn into a solid player. Sadly that doesn't seem likely to happen at this point. If he doesn't increase his productivity on the field I can't see the Jets keeping him for long.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Gates is a developmental player with great speed. There's nothing wrong with him filling out the bottom of our roster. If McKnight got hurt, Gates would likely be our kick-return guy. I don't understand the criticism here.

As to Cumberland I've been pretty disappointed in his play. I had hopes that he would turn into a solid player. Sadly that doesn't seem likely to happen at this point. If he doesn't increase his productivity on the field I can't see the Jets keeping him for long.
    There's nothing wrong with Cumberland as a #2 TE. As the starter, yeah, he's showing his warts... but they've took the time to develop him the last 3 years after being strictly a WR at Illinois, so why give up on him now?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Cumberland as a #2 TE. As the starter, yeah, he's showing his warts... but they've took the time to develop him the last 3 years after being strictly a WR at Illinois, so why give up on him now?
    Cause he isn't helping the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    He's continually making mental errors which are costing big plays and/or turnovers...He's terrible as a blocker...As I stated he should be on an extremely short lease...If he doesn't improve the mental aspect of his game then he needs to go..Rueland seems capable of a #2 role.

He's continually making mental errors which are costing big plays and/or turnovers...He's terrible as a blocker...As I stated he should be on an extremely short lease...If he doesn't improve the mental aspect of his game then he needs to go..Rueland seems capable of a #2 role.
    Agree with this. A decent blocker is key for the #2 TE when the #1 is a guy like Keller. Rueland definitely seems like a more complete player.

how big of a loss is tomlinson now and before him thomas jones? miss his leadership and on field skills. he was replaced by no one.

All League
    Agree with this. A decent blocker is key for the #2 TE when the #1 is a guy like Keller. Rueland definitely seems like a more complete player.
    Fair enough. I admit I wanted the Jets to sign Martellus Bennet in the off-season, but had hopes for Cumberland when they didn't.

All League
    oops double post

29 years old ... past his prime ????? Uhhhhh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, when you have multiple surguries on your knees and your best season was in 2007, you are past your prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Winslow had the greatest value as a Rookie who did not play in the NFL. Since then, he has not shown much increasing value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Winslow >>>> Cumberland.

That's the point.
    Going out on a limb?