Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/26

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Simms did not do the Miami/Jet game last week.
    That's right. He did the Steelers game where Rex didn't use his timeouts.

I didn't see most of the Miami game. What was the situation?

Mcnight is an athelete. He might be OK at corner.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Rex has talked bout McKnight @ CB since Revis holdout. Theyll keep working him more in practice but for depth purposes not Revis replacement

Running back Joe McKnight will have an increased role as a cornerback moving forward. The News reported two weeks ago that McKnight practiced a cornerback and met with defensive coaches in the run-up to the Steelers game in Week 2 – he didn’t get any reps at corner in the game – with Darrelle Revis out with a concussion.

On Wednesday, Rex Ryan admitted that McKnight’s role on defense will grow with Revis out for the season with an ACL tear.

“We’ll do that this week with Joe McKnight,” Ryan said. “He’ll have a role on offense, but we’re also teaching him how to play corner…. Not quite a full-time capacity, but he’s going to be over there a ton in the meetings and everything else.”

McKnight played defensive back in high school before USC’s Pete Carroll’s made him a full-time running back.

“He’s a guy that we saw on scout team when he was a rookie,” Ryan said.

“He has the necessary skills to be able to play corner. He’s got the speed, the size, the athleticism, the ball skills. Everything you look for in a corner.

So, I don’t think there’s any reason not to think that Joe McKnight couldn’t be a corner.”

“It’s just going to take time, obviously,” Ryan added. “But I think with (defensive backs coach) Dennis Thurman and (assistant defensive backs coach) Jimmy O’Neil over there, I think we got great teachers of the game.

It’ll be interesting. I would not bet against Joe McKnight becoming a good corner.”

McKnight played in just a total of four offensive snaps in the past two games.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Joe McKnight getting reps at CB. Years ago Ken Norton Jr said if he comes to USC as CB, he'd be there 3 yrs & come out as a #1 pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's right. He did the Steelers game where Rex didn't use his timeouts.

I didn't see most of the Miami game. What was the situation?
    That might explain your optimism. It was perhaps the ugliest game I have seen in quite a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Joe McKnight getting reps at CB. Years ago Ken Norton Jr said if he comes to USC as CB, he'd be there 3 yrs & come out as a #1 pick.
    Wasn't he the #1 CB prospect coming out of high school?

Veteran
    Well I would be as thrilled as anyone to see the guy turn into a good corner. The Jets have an interest in finding out that goes beyond immediate concerns; the Revis injury complicates the outlook for the whole CB corps - including Cro and Wilson . . .

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight needs to be playing RB.

If Cro and Wilson can't hold it down then they shouldn't be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    McKnight needs to be playing RB.

If Cro and Wilson can't hold it down then they shouldn't be on the team.
    Hmmm. So you only need 2 CBs ever. Alrighty.

@ESPNStatsInfo: So far this season, Jets are averaging 3.1 yards per play on 25 plays with Tim Tebow on field, 5.4 yards per play when he's off.

Running back Joe McKnight will have an increased role as a cornerback moving forward. The News reported two weeks ago that McKnight practiced a cornerback and met with defensive coaches in the run-up to the Steelers game in Week 2 – he didn’t get any reps at corner in the game – with Darrelle Revis out with a concussion.

On Wednesday, Rex Ryan admitted that McKnight’s role on defense will grow with Revis out for the season with an ACL tear.

“We’ll do that this week with Joe McKnight,” Ryan said. “He’ll have a role on offense, but we’re also teaching him how to play corner…. Not quite a full-time capacity, but he’s going to be over there a ton in the meetings and everything else.”

McKnight played defensive back in high school before USC’s Pete Carroll’s made him a full-time running back.

“He’s a guy that we saw on scout team when he was a rookie,” Ryan said.

“He has the necessary skills to be able to play corner. He’s got the speed, the size, the athleticism, the ball skills. Everything you look for in a corner.

So, I don’t think there’s any reason not to think that Joe McKnight couldn’t be a corner.”

“It’s just going to take time, obviously,” Ryan added. “But I think with (defensive backs coach) Dennis Thurman and (assistant defensive backs coach) Jimmy O’Neil over there, I think we got great teachers of the game.

It’ll be interesting. I would not bet against Joe McKnight becoming a good corner.”

McKnight played in just a total of four offensive snaps in the past two games.

I never understood why McKnight doesn't get more reps at RB. It's not like the guys in front of him are tearing it up. He couldn't do any worse.

That being said if he can make a successful to CB then more power to him. I'd like to at least get something out of the guy during his Jets career.

@BreakingNews: New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick fined $50,000 for physical contact with official - @nfl http://t.co/s05CPsGp

Hall Of Fame
    @ESPNStatsInfo: So far this season, Jets are averaging 3.1 yards per play on 25 plays with Tim Tebow on field, 5.4 yards per play when he's off.
    Oh boy, now you have done it CMart.

In before the "he hasnt thrown a pass yet" posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Hmmm. So you only need 2 CBs ever. Alrighty.
    Did I say that?

I thought CB was one of our deepest positions. We need RBs. And one of the players that can help us at RB is switching sides to help Rex's defense.

Not surprising. Help the defense while neglecting the offense.

Oh wait. I forgot. We signed a RB from Houston's PS. Problem solved!!!!
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-26-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Oh boy, now you have done it CMart.

In before the "he hasnt thrown a pass yet" posts.
    Bobby Douglass>Tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I never understood why McKnight doesn't get more reps at RB. It's not like the guys in front of him are tearing it up. He couldn't do any worse.

That being said if he can make a successful to CB then more power to him. I'd like to at least get something out of the guy during his Jets career.
    I agree. They havent even tried to use a screen pass or anything to get him a few touches. Seems odd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Bobby Douglass>Tebow
    Nice, obscure reference

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Nice, obscure reference
    Like Tarkenton, Douglass was fun to watch. He had almost a thousand yards rushing in 1972.

I agree. They havent even tried to use a screen pass or anything to get him a few touches. Seems odd.
    I cant figure this out either. Hate the fact that we don't use more screens. Leon Washington was always good for 1 or 2 big plays on screens per game. Why can't McKnight do the same? He's obviously great in space as we can see on STs. I think the coaches just don't trust him to block and secure the ball.