Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Play ugly, win ugly

  1. #1

    Play ugly, win ugly

    I'm done being negative. Let me say this straight out:

    I don't like the roster, I don't like the personnel, I don't like the offense overall. I think Tannenbaum's done a terrible job the past two years and I think Rex is doing the 280 lb. Coples a disservice by not playing him every down.

    With all that out of the way:

    Are you paying attention to what's going on? After the past two seasons of aerial dominance, these refs have utterly destroyed Brady/Brees/Rodgers ability to throw for 400 yards a game and the league is normalizing.

    The adjustments have been made. You will have to play dirty, grimy, gross-to-watch football to win this year.

    We're in first place right now. Even if we lose next week, guess what? The worst we can do is drop into a tie for first place.

    Week 3, week 4, I don't care.

    So hand me the freaking Kool-Aid. If this is the large Marge season of ugly football, then I can't think of an uglier team outside of maybe Seattle, who when we play may break the 5 hour mark on the game if the refs aren't back by then.

    This week will speak volumes:

    You think Alex Smith is a better QB than Sanchez? Alex Smith is AWFUL. He's one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL, no matter how bad the media blows him. He's an older Sanchez but with half the balls.

    Revis' loss will undoubtedly hurt, but if the Jets can maintain field position, meaning Malone's booming leg and Andy Lee's incredible kicks (Andy Lee is the best punter in the league since Feagles retired) it literally could come down to punting.

    Rex should blitz the ever living crap out of Diaper Smith, who will likely crap himself. I watched most of the Vikings-Niners game last weekend.

    Jared Allen and Greenway were causing havoc, yielding two turnovers from Smith and overcoming a 5 ypc average from Gore while effectively not doing much on offense at all outside of avoiding turnovers.

    JAG Christian Ponder was not sacked and they overcame two turnovers by JAG Toby Gerhardt and beat them.

    In 2009 and 2010 this was a Blitz happy football team with less talent on defense than it has now. BLITZ!

    TL;DR:

    Blitz Smith, control clock, win game. Smith sucks.

    3-1 renders the Houston game borderline meaningless and gives the Jets a "quality" win in this year of what most will look fondly back upon as the year where nothing made sense at all.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I'm done being negative. Let me say this straight out:

    I don't like the roster, I don't like the personnel, I don't like the offense overall. I think Tannenbaum's done a terrible job the past two years and I think Rex is doing the 280 lb. Coples a disservice by not playing him every down.

    With all that out of the way:

    Are you paying attention to what's going on? After the past two seasons of aerial dominance, these refs have utterly destroyed Brady/Brees/Rodgers ability to throw for 400 yards a game and the league is normalizing.

    The adjustments have been made. You will have to play dirty, grimy, gross-to-watch football to win this year.

    We're in first place right now. Even if we lose next week, guess what? The worst we can do is drop into a tie for first place.

    Week 3, week 4, I don't care.

    So hand me the freaking Kool-Aid. If this is the large Marge season of ugly football, then I can't think of an uglier team outside of maybe Seattle, who when we play may break the 5 hour mark on the game if the refs aren't back by then.

    This week will speak volumes:

    You think Alex Smith is a better QB than Sanchez? Alex Smith is AWFUL. He's one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL, no matter how bad the media blows him. He's an older Sanchez but with half the balls.

    Revis' loss will undoubtedly hurt, but if the Jets can maintain field position, meaning Malone's booming leg and Andy Lee's incredible kicks (Andy Lee is the best punter in the league since Feagles retired) it literally could come down to punting.

    Rex should blitz the ever living crap out of Diaper Smith, who will likely crap himself. I watched most of the Vikings-Niners game last weekend.

    Jared Allen and Greenway were causing havoc, yielding two turnovers from Smith and overcoming a 5 ypc average from Gore while effectively not doing much on offense at all outside of avoiding turnovers.

    JAG Christian Ponder was not sacked and they overcame two turnovers by JAG Toby Gerhardt and beat them.

    In 2009 and 2010 this was a Blitz happy football team with less talent on defense than it has now. BLITZ!

    TL;DR:

    Blitz Smith, control clock, win game. Smith sucks.

    3-1 renders the Houston game borderline meaningless and gives the Jets a "quality" win in this year of what most will look fondly back upon as the year where nothing made sense at all.
    We are going to get shutout on Sunday. Maybe score 3 points. You heard it hear first.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    We are going to get shutout on Sunday. Maybe score 3 points. You heard it hear first.
    27 17 JETS!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    We are going to get shutout on Sunday. Maybe score 3 points. You heard it hear first.
    What makes you think the Niners offense is any better?

    I'll give you Gore and Davis, but Moss is ancient, Manningham stinks because Eli could win games with Phil McConkey and Cris Collinsworth, so meh there. Crabtree could be good, but again, the usefulness of Davis and Crabtree is overwhelmingly negated by how awful Alex Smith is.

    I'm amazing Capernick isn't starting for them to be honest........Smith is that bad.

    They are a mirror of the 2009 and 2010 Jets but at least Sanchez had the excuse of being young.

    Smith has no excuse, he's just bad. Very bad.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    27 17 JETS!
    6-3 Jets.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    What makes you think the Niners offense is any better?

    I'll give you Gore and Davis, but Moss is ancient, Manningham stinks because Eli could win games with Phil McConkey and Cris Collinsworth, so meh there. Crabtree could be good, but again, the usefulness of Davis and Crabtree is overwhelmingly negated by how awful Alex Smith is.

    I'm amazing Capernick isn't starting for them to be honest........Smith is that bad.

    They are a mirror of the 2009 and 2010 Jets but at least Sanchez had the excuse of being young.

    Smith has no excuse, he's just bad. Very bad.
    Smith will look like Montana against our Defense. He will have all day to throw, Gore will be able to run. Our whole team needs a major makeover. The Buffalo game was an aberration. The 49ers Oline is going to push us around.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Smith will look like Montana against our Defense. He will have all day to throw, Gore will be able to run. Our whole team needs a major makeover. The Buffalo game was an aberration. The 49ers Oline is going to push us around.

    Media Brainwashing much?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Media Brainwashing much?
    How so? I watch the games and realize that we suck on both sides of the ball. It is a combination of coaching and personnel. Sad, but the team needs a losing record to be able to hopefully draft a franchise QB and to clean house in the FO and coachng staff.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    6-3 Jets.
    I dunno why but this made me LOL...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    6-3 Jets.
    Boy, that should be a fun game thread...

  11. #11
    Alex Smith is awful?? He has single digit turnovers total dating back to beginning of last season, Sanchez has about 30 in that span. He also completed a far higher percentage of passes than Mark and won more games.

    If Alex Smith is caps lock "awful", what dare I ask is Mark Sanchez?

    Much like we do with other team's fans, this is the type of thread that is probably being posted on 49ers boards while they try to contain their laughter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us