Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Sanchez

He will step up after the revis injury and become that top QB we had hoped for! I personally guranatee it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you had me at hello.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAreMyLife J E T S View Post
    He will step up after the revis injury and become that top QB we had hoped for! I personally guranatee it
    you must be Mark then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    you must be Mark then.
    I was thinking he was Joe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate responses coming in 5..,4..,3..,2..,1....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's a guranatee? Is that like a cross between a orangutan and a manatee?

If so, I want to see one.

Oh. Hi Marks mom!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis being out is a blessing in disguise. They weren't winning a SB with him this year anyway.

Sanchez gets Keller back this week, he has Holmes, Kerley has made some big plays. Hill still the wildcard. Lots of excellent QBs have done more with less. Sanchez is going to have to show that he can lead his team back from 2 TD deficits, like all QBs who win SBs can. Revis was a crutch that always kept the game close, not going to be like that now.

If Sanchez doesn't perform this year, it's time to cut bait with him, and I always root for him to be great.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez stinks, but he's better than Alex Smith, who had a career year last year. Thinking Sanchez will ever be more than he is isn't realistic. But with that said, again, he's better than Smith.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know its a staple of this fan-base to be pessimistic.

However, I agree with the OP and am optimistic moving forward. Revis was never a leader for the Jets...he may have been the best player on the field but was far from that in the locker room. Lock-outs, faking injuries, threatening more lock-outs, not ever stepping up during last year's melt down, etc.

He's a selfish individual who I am personally fine with being sidelined. In this ever-growing sport of greed, I'm ok with rooting for a bunch of blue collar players that put the team name on the front of their jersey before their name on the back of the jersey.

Revis just kept getting rewarded for being the best at his position but also a pretty sh!tty person. It sets a bad example for everyone else.

This opens up an entire changing of the guard. The defense has no crutch, and has to be to their fullest ability.

And now Mark can step into his leadership role even more which will have a trickle down effect.

I think we stomp out the 49ers who have to travel all the way east.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This doesn't hurt the Jets as much as people realize. Our secondary is strong and deep. It's the best unit on the team. I love Revis and he's the best player on the team, but it's certainly overcomable. However, Revis or no Revis our linebackers need to learn to tackle and stop the run / set the edge. It's been killing us this year. The one thing on our team that matters, is Mark Sanchez and the receiver chemistry. It's all in Mark's hands, and it always has been. Revis is great, but Sanchez has more control over where the team goes. If you don't have LBs that can tackle and your offense can't put up points, then you could have 4 Revises and still lose the game. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but we can survive. I have some sort of a geni guy and I told him to make Mark a top QB trust me he will be I put it on my life

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This doesn't hurt the Jets as much as people realize. Our secondary is strong and deep. It's the best unit on the team. I love Revis and he's the best player on the team, but it's certainly overcomable. However, Revis or no Revis our linebackers need to learn to tackle and stop the run / set the edge. It's been killing us this year. The one thing on our team that matters, is Mark Sanchez and the receiver chemistry. It's all in Mark's hands, and it always has been. Revis is great, but Sanchez has more control over where the team goes. If you don't have LBs that can tackle and your offense can't put up points, then you could have 4 Revises and still lose the game. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but we can survive. I have some sort of a geni guy and I told him to make Mark a top QB trust me he will be I put it on my life
    +1

We need guys like Mauga and Davis to step up-- these other LBs are getting old in a hurry

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    I know its a staple of this fan-base to be pessimistic.

However, I agree with the OP and am optimistic moving forward. Revis was never a leader for the Jets...he may have been the best player on the field but was far from that in the locker room. Lock-outs, faking injuries, threatening more lock-outs, not ever stepping up during last year's melt down, etc.

He's a selfish individual who I am personally fine with being sidelined. In this ever-growing sport of greed, I'm ok with rooting for a bunch of blue collar players that put the team name on the front of their jersey before their name on the back of the jersey.

Revis just kept getting rewarded for being the best at his position but also a pretty sh!tty person. It sets a bad example for everyone else.

This opens up an entire changing of the guard. The defense has no crutch, and has to be to their fullest ability.

And now Mark can step into his leadership role even more which will have a trickle down effect.

I think we stomp out the 49ers who have to travel all the way east.
    They stayed in Ohio this week to avoid that...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i never said we werent in trouble, but what exactly have the dolphins and bills done that gives u confidence they will finish ahead of us? you are simply saying that both teams are better than the jets without revis...keep in mind rex ryan, for all his talking, is a great defensive mind.one person does not make a football team. the jets can still finish at 10-6 or 9-7 which will be far better than both the bills and dolphins. good teams find a way to win games in which they dont have it...the jets managed to beat a team on a day that they shouldve lost..sanchez showed confidence in the 4th qtr and overtime, and holmes showed up with some big catches too! Sanchez will jump off the roof watch after sundays game you guys will revisit this post like how did he know? He will look like what we wanted him to look like!Im not his mom or rex ryan people but Im doing us all a huge favor by granting him abilities

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i never said we werent in trouble, but what exactly have the dolphins and bills done that gives u confidence they will finish ahead of us? you are simply saying that both teams are better than the jets without revis...keep in mind rex ryan, for all his talking, is a great defensive mind.one person does not make a football team. the jets can still finish at 10-6 or 9-7 which will be far better than both the bills and dolphins. good teams find a way to win games in which they dont have it...the jets managed to beat a team on a day that they shouldve lost..sanchez showed confidence in the 4th qtr and overtime, and holmes showed up with some big catches too! Sanchez will jump off the roof watch after sundays game you guys will revisit this post like how did he know? He will look like what we wanted him to look like!Im not his mom or rex ryan people but Im doing us all a huge favor by granting him abilities
    eva?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    They stayed in Ohio this week to avoid that...
    Damn - still has to eff up routine and add stress to be away from family.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a trick. I don't know anybody who would make a "guranatee".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they do actually get the regular refs back there is some validity to this. Week one BUF cb's were playing a more traditional style of defense against us, respecting the rules as they were written. It was week 2 that every team in the league realized you can pretty much abuse a receiver until the ball was in the air. If the regular refs come back there will be a ton of PI/def holding calls until order is restored, at which point Mark will start having better windows to throw into.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    excellent young NFL quarterback

glad he is a NY Jet