Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REFS ARE BACK! Hope to be working this Sunday!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly it was Obama who made this thing happen

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Finally, the dunces (owners) come to their senses. Never thought I'd say it, but welcome back decrepit officials.
    This is much like the NHL hockey refs. i always railed on the old guard refs, I owe them an apology as the newer guys the last 2 or 3 years have been so abyssal it is indescribable.

I guess all it took was for Kraft and his pets to get screwed for the 1st time in years for things to get moving. Goodells Pats bat phone must have been ringing off the hook.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully the media jackasses and game announcers will be equally vigilent in noting the dozens of weekly screwups by the regular incompetent part time insurance salesmen as they were with the "replacements"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    when the commissioner realized that he might actually have to fine Belicheat the decision was quickly made in favor of sweeping any punishment of the NFL darlings under the rug

Now Mankins and the rest of the Patriocheat OL can get back to holding on every pass play without the slightest possiblility of receiving a t10 yard penalty for it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We might actually get games in under 4 hours again... YES!

All kidding aside, the regular refs will occasionally blow calls too, but they keep far better control of the game and are far more decisive and accurate with calls. The difference with the replacement refs was very noticeable.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The regular refs suck too, going to be a bunch of blown calls again this Sunday, book it.
    Yep u are so right!People made a much bigger story of it then it should have been!The Media is a bunch of morons and the players are a bunch of cry babies!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my theory...

The on-field refs were replacement refs... the replay officials were not... I think that the replay officials tanked that Monday night touchdown call on purpose with the idea that it would create such an uproar (and make the replacement officials look so bad) that the NFL would have no choice but to cave and get the real refs back.. they had their forum and opportunity and jumped right on it...

I am not normally one of these conspiracy theory people - but that call was so awful and obvious and could have certainly been overturned, yet it wasn't... The Packers lost but the rest of the league and fans won... I am just happy that it didn't come at the Jets expense

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @SI_PeterKing: I'm hearing NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent. Stay tuned, obviously.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The regular refs suck too, going to be a bunch of blown calls again this Sunday, book it.
    That's what everybody seems to have forgotten. The regular refs had lots of mistakes also the last few seasons.

The only real change I could see is getting more respect from coaching staffs and players. That would be a significant improvement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    There not that close. Both sides are still very far apart on the pension/401K issue.
    Link/source?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    RT @SI_PeterKing: I'm hearing NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent. Stay tuned, obviously.
    THe FAN reporting this too. Aahhhh...the age of the tweet.

"I'm hearing" turns into gospel.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot believe the bellyaching going on in this thread. I don't see how anyone can argue that the use of replacement officials hasn't had a negative impact on the game. I also can't believe that people seriously believe that the Pats receive preferential treatment from the league. I kid Pats fans about that, but I don't actually believe that it's true.

The regular refs make their share of mistakes as well, but they're far better at calling games than the replacements are. No more 10 yard defensive holding and 27 yard personal foul penalties. You may not like the rules, but they'll go back to being enforced properly.

Dan Lebatard made a very good point about this whole thing. People complain about referees and officials having big egos, but you need to have an ego in order to be a good ref. That's the only way you can keep the flag in your pocket when the superstar is begging for it, or make an unpopular call in front of 70,000 screaming fans, or not be bullied by a coach (Can anyone imagine Belichick putting his hands on Hochuli?).

It wouldn't have been as big a deal if they could have gotten refs from the SEC, Pac 12, Big 12, etc., but those guys already have jobs. You'll notice that the guy that called touchback on Monday was a former Big 12 ref, the guy that called touchdown is a junior college ref.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as a deal is in place, the same people who said the replacement refs suck and this needs to end will be complaing that the real refs stink and are just as bad. Actually, it's already started.

This board is becoming such a joke and is just as hard to read as it is listening to Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    RT @AlbertBreer: The NFL hasn't ruled out having the real refs on the field for TNF.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be easy to have them ready tomorrow

they are normally out of shape and unprepared every Sunday so they should be able to reach the Ron Winter/Ed Hochilli/Walt Coleman/Jeff Triplette normal standard of incompetence in plenty of time for tomorrow and be ready to start blowing calls

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good, no more whining. lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Velocity View Post
    If true, that's too bad.

Poor officiating was probably our best shot this week.
    just what we need

another troll

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    As soon as a deal is in place, the same people who said the replacement refs suck and this needs to end will be complaing that the real refs stink and are just as bad. Actually, it's already started.

This board is becoming such a joke and is just as hard to read as it is listening to Rex.
    I heard Tim Ryan on Sirius "Movin' the Chains" say it best...The regular refs will still screw up on calls--it's natural--they are judgment calls.

But at least what the regular refs won't do is screw up the enforcement (or rarely) of the penalty called...Or give teams extra timeouts..Mark off penalty yards wrong etc...

And I have been as hard on the regular refs as anyone and have been saying for years how IMO the NFL game has become too fast for the regular refs...

Why can a player get cut because he's lost a step or two but a 65-70 yr old is still allowed to ref after he's lost a half dozen steps...

The NFL either needs younger Refs to keep up with the speed of the game or an additional ref or two per game...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure Krafty, who suddenly did not have 20 calls for cheaters per game, is begging other owners to have this deal done.