Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revis done with Jets...? This does not sound good

If I am Revis's agent I ask to be the top paid CB in the game at 11.5mm to 13mm per year... If the Jets don't want to pay no problem... I refuse to negotiate during the season in 2013 and hit FA... That is the only leverage I have to get top dollar... If the Jets blink I sign otherwise I take my chance in FA after 2013!

Jets Insider VIP
    the best defensivie player in the NFL

pay him

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    If I am Revis's agent I ask to be the top paid CB in the game at 11.5mm to 13mm per year... If the Jets don't want to pay no problem... I refuse to negotiate during the season in 2013 and hit FA... That is the only leverage I have to get top dollar... If the Jets blink I sign otherwise I take my chance in FA after 2013!
    Excatly...I guess you got sucked in too...or maybe you actually read the article...

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Yes I realize this, but the clause mentioned in the article is the clause that if he plays 2013, then we can NOT franchize him.... I doub't he'll sign a contract during the year and would wait to be a free agent...
    right.

the article's headline is "Revis done with the Jets?"

we're talking about something 18+ months in the future. worrying about this NOW is ridiculous.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    right.

we're talking about something 18+ months in the future. worrying about this NOW is ridiculous.
    ok, i'll put it in a time capsule..sorry

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    ok, i'll put it in a time capsule..sorry
    lol

my point is, Revis is NOT done with the Jets.

he might be after the 2013. or not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I wouldn't pay him anyway. Let's just get a pass rush then we don't need any good corners. WE could have no secondary at all like the Giants every year.
    yea cause pass rushers grow on trees

Rex will save the day and cost the future...

Having been unable to keep his trap shut about how great Revis was during his Hard Knocks summer hold out, is there any doubt that Rex will do the same the next time? The last holdout came after a relatively successful year for the Jets with an AFCC trip. If the team or especially the defense falters this season, there's not doubt Rex will verbally and loudly fall back on the loss of Revis as a major factor, and thus providing plenty of leverage to Revis.

Revis is a once in a generation player. Do Rex and the Jets front office have the ability to keep a poker face and keep quiet?

Veteran
    Best case scenario for the Jets is Kyle Wilson comes out and plays well. If that's the case trade Revis ( should be able to get a 1 if he's healthy), and use the Revis money to fill holes. 12 - 16+ mill should fill a bunch of holes adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    A completely speculative article based on nothing factual.

No team will be willing to pay Revis more than the Jets.
    except it fits the style of how Woody lets Tann handle player negotiations

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Having been unable to keep his trap shut about how great Revis was during his Hard Knocks summer hold out, is there any doubt that Rex will do the same the next time? The last holdout came after a relatively successful year for the Jets with an AFCC trip. If the team or especially the defense falters this season, there's not doubt Rex will verbally and loudly fall back on the loss of Revis as a major factor, and thus providing plenty of leverage to Revis.

Revis is a once in a generation player. Do Rex and the Jets front office have the ability to keep a poker face and keep quiet?
    well chowd

think how bad things would be if we were paying first round big bucks for Derin McBusty

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    right.

do we really believe Revis will step foot on the field next season without a contract guarantee ?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Best case scenario for the Jets is Kyle Wilson comes out and plays well. If that's the case trade Revis ( should be able to get a 1 if he's healthy), and use the Revis money to fill holes. 12 - 16+ mill should fill a bunch of holes adequately.
    who is going to trade for a CB who will be 28 next year and coming off an ACL tear?? The jets can either try to extend him after seeing him in Training camp in 2013 or he will play out 2013 season and hit the open market

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Jets will offer somewhere within that range and revis will sign it. I doubt he wants to chance playing next year without a sure thing after suffering the first significant injury of his career. Injury like that has to screw with your confidence a little bit I would think.

It's a speculation article (nothing wrong with that) that a couple of morons surely buy into.

The thought should probably be that Revis will never be the same....and is likely to have some recurrence after getting back on the field. It's really a shame but we have to face facts that his days of being the BEST defensive player in the game are over.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but who cares if he comes back to us or not?

One position, unless its a franchise qb should not eat up 20% of your cap space

The Jets having a lack of talent across the board and need to fill all these spots

to reach their goal. Paying Revis would make this nearly impossible.
    I care, but not because of what Revis means to the Jets, but instead, what we could have gotten for him in a trade. I have always looked at Revis as a commodity that could be used to improved this team.

The cowboys traded H Walker for a boatload of picks and won championships. The Texas Rangers traded A Rodriguez and now have a championship caliber team that has since won a championship.

Players like Revis you use to perfect your team, not build around. Due to this Injury, all bets and i mean all bets are now off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    A completely speculative article based on nothing factual.

No team will be willing to pay Revis more than the Jets.
    don't tell that to the folks up I-95

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Exactly what I was going to post. He's worth more to the Jets than to other teams. For better or worse, the Jets will offer more to Revis than the next highest bidder, if it even comes to that.
    He is right now because we don't know what we'd do without him. If we find we play better as a team without him that could change. Could get worse if we can"t though. I have a feeling they were leaning on him too much. I guess we'll see what happens. It would be nice to be able to tell him to go see how much he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but who cares if he comes back to us or not?

One position, unless its a franchise qb should not eat up 20% of your cap space

The Jets having a lack of talent across the board and need to fill all these spots

to reach their goal. Paying Revis would make this nearly impossible.
    $hitmini as usual stirring it up. Nothing to see in his typical crap article