Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109

Thread: Joe McKnight, CB - NY Jets

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,849
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    a rb playing cb
    a cb playing wr
    a QB playing punt protector

    oh the humanity
    a DC acting like an HC should be included as well as a HC acting like an OC.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    a DC acting like an HC should be included as well as a HC acting like an OC.
    almost like Patriot fans posting in Jet forums...

  3. #23
    So much Patriots fan/Same Old Jets Fan stuff in this thread...

    It will definitely be interesting to see what McKnight can do there. Has the athleticism for sure. Willing tackler and has shown that on special teams.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    Oh....great plan......WE ARE DOOMED!! Rex and Tanny are a joke,,,
    I always am amused when guys like you use caps.

    WE ARE DOOMED!!!
    This team is gonna IMPLOOOOODE!!!!!!!
    The season is OVER!!!!
    <insert name> should be FIRED!!!


  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,171
    In a perfect world this is not how you would draw it up but I really see no significant downside here. If he tries and sucks then he tries and sucks. They will find that out on the practice field. We have had a major injury and we are looking to adapt using the current roster.

  6. #26
    I dont recall anyone claiming Belly a genius for playing Edelman on defense.

  7. #27
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,711
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    In a perfect world this is not how you would draw it up but I really see no significant downside here. If he tries and sucks then he tries and sucks. They will find that out on the practice field. We have had a major injury and we are looking to adapt using the current roster.
    I agree but this is unfortunately a product of Tanny's ineptitude. There is literally no depth on this team at any position.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,076
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    In fairness, Joe McKnight can't be any worse than Kyle Wilson
    Careful, the angry mob of Wilson apologists will be coming after you for that.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I agree but this is unfortunately a product of Tanny's ineptitude. There is literally no depth on this team at any position.
    Despite what anyone says or spins its contrary, this is absolutely correct. The Jets are not in a good position right now.

  10. #30
    I'm very excited about this.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Despite what anyone says or spins its contrary, this is absolutely correct. The Jets are not in a good position right now.
    So it can't be poor coaching / development? Just a question

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Despite what anyone says or spins its contrary, this is absolutely correct. The Jets are not in a good position right now.
    2-1 and 2-0 in division, with three home games in a row... lets see how it looks come Oct 15th. Very well could be 4-2 by then...

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    2-1 and 2-0 in division, with three home games in a row... lets see how it looks come Oct 15th. Very well could be 4-2 by then...
    HOW DARE YOU suggest such a positive idea at JI, Flagman

    HOW DARE YOU

  14. #34
    Why not coax Vance Joseph out of retirement?

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I agree but this is unfortunately a product of Tanny's ineptitude. There is literally no depth on this team at any position.
    I understand and I agree that his poor decision making has led to this but we are where we are trying to see if this season is salvageable. Who knows, Joe McKnight is a physically gifted athlete and maybe we catch lightning in a bottle. The subject of Tanny being over matched as an NFL GM is one where you tuck away the pros and cons and have them ready for the full-throated discussion which I believe will not seriously take place after until the 2013 season (position depth or the lack thereof is a big con).

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,076
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So it can't be poor coaching / development? Just a question
    You can argue semantics all you want, doesn't change the fact the negative outcome.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Careful, the angry mob of Wilson apologists will be coming after you for that.
    I know dude. I have been under attack from them all day. So sad

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    2-1 and 2-0 in division, with three home games in a row... lets see how it looks come Oct 15th. Very well could be 4-2 by then...
    Mr Optimistic. You should me Mr. Realism. His name is 3-3.

  19. #39
    Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    McKnight said Rex told him he had been traded... To the defense, McKnight said he took it as a sign he wasn't showing enough at RB

    Asked if playing CB in high school helps, McKnight said "no" & he said it emphatically. Said maybe if I played it in college but not HS

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    McKnight said Rex told him he had been traded... To the defense, McKnight said he took it as a sign he wasn't showing enough at RB

    Asked if playing CB in high school helps, McKnight said "no" & he said it emphatically. Said maybe if I played it in college but not HS
    Disaster looming

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us