Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Now that everyone has had a chance to accept the reality of Revis injury, its time to move on, just like the team has.

One thing to look for is Isaiah Trufant. The kid has a lot of potential, and this is his chance to show what he can do besides special teams. Hopefully he will step it up and take the job from Kyle Wilson.
    Good idea. I moved on the second I saw his face. Rally round the flag.

When Kyle Wilson gets torched for the rest of the year you guys will understand. He is complete garbage. Obviously Revis can't be "replaced" but it would be nice to have someone adequate. Kyle Wilson is not adequate. Period

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    thats like banging 6 ugly chicks and 2 hot ones. you don't wanna talk about the 6 because they aren't even in the same stratosphere as the other 2. Trufant? Wilson? Fletcher? You can't be serious
    Why do you think Wilson is so terrible?

His one major issue IMO is his ability to locate the ball in flight but mind you that when he's defending the middle of the field it's more important to stick with your man... if you turn for the ball you can lose track of the receivers pattern. When you're defending outside the numbers (which we have seen little of from Wilson) you have the sideline as an extra defender which enables you to turn and look for the ball without losing track of who you're defending.

Playing CB and Nickle are not that similar. Personally I like his ability and I think he'll preform.

Out of all the fans I've come to know....Jets fans are the most jaded fans in the world.......

All League
    Maybe we'll find a diamond in the rough from someone getting increased playing time. Houstons D didn't fold when they lost Mario last year and they found that they could play pretty well without him (and saving a bunch of money by not resigning him).

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Why do you think Wilson is so terrible?

His one major issue IMO is his ability to locate the ball in flight but mind you that when he's defending the middle of the field it's more important to stick with your man... if you turn for the ball you can lose track of the receivers pattern. When you're defending outside the numbers (which we have seen little of from Wilson) you have the sideline as an extra defender which enables you to turn and look for the ball without losing track of who you're defending.

Playing CB and Nickle are not that similar. Personally I like his ability and I think he'll preform.
    Why? Because I've watched him play. He never knows where the ball is and is a penalty waiting to happen. I can't believe anyone would defend his play. Honestly. This baffles me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Why? Because I've watched him play. He never knows where the ball is and is a penalty waiting to happen. I can't believe anyone would defend his play. Honestly. This baffles me.
    I've watched him play. Great answer. Was hoping for a little more substance... let's see him play a different position, outside the numbers before we assume he's a lost cause. His ball skills might improve when he returns to his natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    I've watched him play. Great answer. Was hoping for a little more substance... let's see him play a different position, outside the numbers before we assume he's a lost cause. His ball skills might improve when he returns to his natural position.
    Delusional. Did you watch him last week after Revis went down?

Wilson is a strictly average cornerback. That, in itself, is not a problem. The problem is that he's replacing an all-world corner and the rest of the defense isn't strong enough to compensate for that downgrade at corner.

Also keep in mind that an "average" pass defense in 2012 is going to surrender 3800 yards and 25 passing TDs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Delusional. Did you watch him last week after Revis went down?
    Yes I was watching Wilson as Crow almost blew the game being beatin' on a double move in overtime by a scrub. The same Crow who badly played a prayer in Pitt...not saying Wilson is better not by a long shot but Wilson may surprise you come Sunday

I believe Wilson gave up just a few catches playing CB and was never badly beatin' or out of position that I recall after the Revis injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    who is "Crow"??????

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who is "Crow"??????
    Crow = Cro = Cromartie

I like to refer to him as Crow. Personal habit while typing.

Did they every work out Brandon Carr? Anyone know?

All Pro
    Did they every work out Brandon Carr? Anyone know?
    Yeah they every worked him out. He must be great because he didn't give up any catches. That's the way simple minded people judge a CB isn't it?