Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Rex

Question about Rex

So earlier this year Rex said that this team has the most talent, or something like that, of any team that he has had since coming to the Jets. We are giving up over 6 yards on opposing rushing teams so does this means either Rex is not a good evaluator of talent or that the talent we have is not rising to the occassion. What do you think it is ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So earlier this year Rex said that this team has the most talent, or something like that, of any team that he has had since coming to the Jets. We are giving up over 6 yards on opposing rushing teams so does this means either Rex is not a good evaluator of talent or that the talent we have is not rising to the occassion. What do you think it is ?
    3 games into the season.

You are right on both parts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think your daily question is getting old.....don't you have enough to worry about with the Pats, troll?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Or it's a way to give idiotic trolls something to post.

Don't you have somewhere to go and cry about your classless coaches latest fine?

Jets Insider VIP
    What should he have said.

"Man in the past I had some really talented teams but to be honest this one lacks depth a WR and our RB is kinda slow, but I think barring injury we have the best secondary in the league and I think that will carry us to the playoffs as long as Tebow is on the bench and Mark doesnt screw up too much."

Ya know after I read it.............That is what he shudda said

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    What should he have said.

"Man in the past I had some really talented teams but to be honest this one lacks depth a WR and our RB is kinda slow, but I think barring injury we have the best secondary in the league and I think that will carry us to the playoffs as long as Tebow is on the bench and Mark doesnt screw up too much."

Ya know after I read it.............That is what he shudda said
    +1
    2010 may have been the peak of the Rex era

That's a good question.If there was part of the team that I was sure that would be excellent,I thought it would be the run defense

I was shocked the way the Dolphins of all teams pushed the defensive line all over the field

Can you just put all the questions you have into one thread? Do you ever actually post without creating a thread for every thought you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    3 games into the season.
    It's amazing how so many fans can't grasp this

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think your daily question is getting old.....don't you have enough to worry about with the Pats, troll?
    Bang your head against the wall, you four-eyed inbred pickle barrel who defiles the moronic hemorrhoid and the godforsaken psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Or it's a way to give idiotic trolls something to post.

Don't you have somewhere to go and cry about your classless coaches latest fine?
    Why do you sniff under your dog's tail, you cat harassing fascist reddish boil who munches on the yodelling lunatic and the wastrel platypus.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    That's a good question.If there was part of the team that I was sure that would be excellent,I thought it would be the run defense

I was shocked the way the Dolphins of all teams pushed the defensive line all over the field
    Pouha seems to have not fully recovered. He was getting moved by one man instead of standing his ground with two men. That's what you will see relative to what you normally see if you watch the tape. I've heard a lot of people say that Pouha was a jag though so obviously most people don't watch the tape.

All Pro
    Bang your head against the wall, you four-eyed inbred pickle barrel who defiles the moronic hemorrhoid and the godforsaken psychopath.
    Nothing personal though...right?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Nothing personal though...right?
    No,just good fun like your mamma

Hmmm, so the pedantic thread starter is now attacking people...

All Pro
    You don't know anything about my mother so your opinion of her is as well informed as your football related comments.

Enjoy your vacation. Say high to Tex for me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Pouha seems to have not fully recovered. He was getting moved by one man instead of standing his ground with two men. That's what you will see relative to what you normally see if you watch the tape. I've heard a lot of people say that Pouha was a jag though so obviously most people don't watch the tape.
    So Pouha is the only one on the D line? As a group they have been a disappointment so have been our LB's.

I have serious questions about Rex's ability to evaluate talent. Granted that is not his job but I think he has a little too much pull on the personnel side. The examples are numerous, starting with the vets ie: eric smith, leonhard, Scott, etc. This also includes the draft picks. Connor was "his pick" and is pretty much a jag, kyle wilson has been decent at best, he personally worked out coples and was heavily invested in him, yet he can't even get on the field. Add in that tanny's strength is cap management and not personnel and bradway is probably our chief personnel guy, I would think that would explain our lack of impact players and depth due to less than stellar recent drafts.
    Last edited by barkus; 09-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I have serious questions about Rex's ability to evaluate talent. Granted that is not his job but I think he a little too much pull on the personnel side. The examples are numerous, starting with the vets ie: eric smith, leonhard, Scott, etc. This also includes the draft picks. Connor was "his pick" and is pretty much a jag, he personally worked out couples and was heavily invested in him, yet he can't even get on the field. Add in that tanny's strength is cap management and not personnel and bradway is probably our chief personnel guy, I would think that would explain our lack of impact players and depth due to less than stellar recent drafts.
    Good post but be wary of the apologists. Everything is golden in Jet land.