Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Rex

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Good post but be wary of the apologists. Everything is golden in Jet land.
    I can also add that we cut half of our 2012 draft class which is also a major indictment. We cut half of the draft class but this team still has a ton of holes can someone explain this to me

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    So earlier this year Rex said that this team has the most talent, or something like that, of any team that he has had since coming to the Jets. We are giving up over 6 yards on opposing rushing teams so does this means either Rex is not a good evaluator of talent or that the talent we have is not rising to the occassion. What do you think it is ?
    Looking at Rex's record... he is arguably in the top 10 percent of coaches measured by their 1st 3 "rookie" seasons. He will learn along the way or get fired. Somehow I believe he will learn. He hates losing I believe he will adjust and learn.

We have our issues but big picture...I think we have a real chance to win Sunday. Is our personnel great? NO. We need better players but Rex is better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I can also add that we cut half of our 2012 draft class which is also a major indictment. We cut half of the draft class but this team still has a ton of holes can someone explain this to me
    poor drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    The Jets FO cannot compete with the top talent evaluators in the NFL. Tanny is a very sharp lawyer and financials guy but not a football man.

This will eventually lead to his removal.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Looking at Rex's record... he is arguably in the top 10 percent of coaches measured by their 1st 3 "rookie" seasons. He will learn along the way or get fired. Somehow I believe he will learn. He hates losing I believe he will adjust and learn.

We have our issues but big picture...I think we have a real chance to win Sunday. Is our personnel great? NO. We need better players but Rex is better than average.

Most rookie HCs start off after a complete breakdown. Look at philbin in Miami. Rex was handed a silver spoon from the Mangini years plus the no.5 pick for a QB. He was able to motivate a very good football team. To me he has been slightly above average at best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Most rookie HCs start off after a complete breakdown. Look at philbin in Miami. Rex was handed a silver spoon from the Mangini years plus the no.5 pick for a QB. He was able to motivate a very good football team. To me he has been slightly above average at best.
    I didnt think of it like that. VERY fair point.

The talent for Rex's first 2 years was mostly left over "good guy" picks from Mangini, Rex did a good job loosening them up. This years team is all Rex's.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    The Jets FO cannot compete with the top talent evaluators in the NFL. Tanny is a very sharp lawyer and financials guy but not a football man.

This will eventually lead to his removal.
    it is difficult to really assess how bad some of these picks are when rex won't play the younger guys. the defense still suffers from lack of pass rush and speed yet won't play coples/davis for any length of snaps. the offense needs speed and better rbs yet sat powell until greene got hurt and flat out refused to play mcknight at all. i think our overall perception of the drafts would be clarified if we could actually confirm that many of these guys who are stashed on the roster do actually suck. at least they played gholston enough for us to see that and we've seen enough of wilson to know what he's about. i have issues with both the coaching and the drafting, but last year's draft got them wilk, ellis, powell and kerley and all have shown they can make plays. this year's draft has a few guys too. i wonder if tanny is similarly confused and/or frustrated with the lack of playing time for some of these younger guys, then absorbs the criticism for poor drafting.

So earlier this year Rex said that this team has the most talent, or something like that, of any team that he has had since coming to the Jets. We are giving up over 6 yards on opposing rushing teams so does this means either Rex is not a good evaluator of talent or that the talent we have is not rising to the occassion. What do you think it is ?
    Too much mouth by Rex and unmet expectations of the players. Both of these reasons are really Rex's fault.

As much as Rex said he'd get more involved with the offense, what good has it done? Their running game still sucks. Sanchez still sucks, The WR's still suck. Does that about cover it?

Oh, I forgot, the DEFENSE now sucks.

I must say, as a Jets fan, I am really beginning to get tired of this. I'm going to start calling for Rex's job if this keeps up. What all you diehards out there? Aren't you getting tired of watching Rex run his mouth while his team never even shows up on Sunday?

We all know they have the talent to win a lot of games. So, WHEN does it finally come together on the field?

I've got news for you, it REX RYAN that needs to fix this and no one else.

It's time for Rex to start benching players, threatening them with being cut, whatever the f*ck it takes to get this team to start playing better. Instead of being the players friend, it's time for Rex to be the players enemy.

He said they "COULD" be the best team that he had coached.