Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Joe McKnight not happy about move to CB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    In what way were the Jets unprepared, what is your basis on this?
    They looked like crap...missed assignments, mistakes etc....

It's a divisional game on the road..I get it..But should Miami with a rookie QB be leading 10-0? Go into OT? Jets win because MIA Kicker misses a FG?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Rex said McKnight misunderstood defense assignment. Said he wants him to learn defense, but still has a role as an RB. #nyj
    LOL

Communications is Job #1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    not nefarious, I agree he probably looks like crap in practice. He probably misses assignments, can't block, or is lazy, however he is a gameday guy imho. After Lankster the Jets have very little at CB, this automatically puts an athlete of his caliber into the dime slot...Rex is probably just looking to get something out of a roster laden with JAGS after the the top spots.
    I really think the RB situation with McKnight has a ton of layers. It doesn't bode well when you can't overtake Greene for some carries and be passed by a 2nd year player with less given talent than you.

Fans only see the top layer and his explosiveness. I have no doubt it is a combination of those things you listed.

Giants fans loved Wilson, and guess where he is now for the time being?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I really think the RB situation with McKnight has a ton of layers. It doesn't bode well when you can't overtake Greene for some carries and be passed by a 2nd year player with less given talent than you.

Fans only see the top layer and his explosiveness. I have no doubt it is a combination of those things you listed.

Giants fans loved Wilson, and guess where he is now for the time being?
    i actually think it has more to do with his build and how he plays. rex wants bruisers. jones. greene. connor. grimes has a compact build too. powell is bigger than mcknight. leon was small, but build compact. mcknight isn't like these guys. rex wants them big and mcknight, while he isn't slight, plays small. i'm not saying it's bad, and i think he'd be useful on this offense, but i think that's why he can't get on the field.

by contrast, kerley has a slighter build but he's a wr so i think that's 'ok' by rex. plus kerley has already demonstrated he can make plays. notice how they are both returners but only kerley can get on the field on offensive snaps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They looked like crap...missed assignments, mistakes etc....

It's a divisional game on the road..I get it..But should Miami with a rookie QB be leading 10-0? Go into OT? Jets win because MIA Kicker misses a FG?
    Were mistakes made, sure, was it a game that I thought the Jets were unprepared for? No, when the team wins, it usually means they were prepared.

A divisional road game against a team in their house where it especially brutal to play in the month of September and a team that goes all out against us is no easy task.

The 10-0 lead was off of a turnover, most of the mistakes were on offense, due to inexperience at WR, bad routes on the INT (Gates ran the route), Hill went the wrong way, rookie and young player mistakes.

The reference to Tannehill makes it seem like he had a good game, he didn't it was very pedestrian, but he is a player who has flashed, did it against Houston and Oakland too, who just beat the Steelers. Bush has had a fast start, they have a good OL.

Sorry, I didn't see a team that was unprepared, and I'm certainly not fretting too much about mistakes after week 3, and a game we won against a division opponent.

This thread reeks of paranoia and SOJF venom...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i actually think it has more to do with his build and how he plays. rex wants bruisers. jones. greene. connor. grimes has a compact build too. powell is bigger than mcknight. leon was small, but build compact. mcknight isn't like these guys. rex wants them big and mcknight, while he isn't slight, plays small. i'm not saying it's bad, and i think he'd be useful on this offense, but i think that's why he can't get on the field.

by contrast, kerley has a slighter build but he's a wr so i think that's 'ok' by rex. plus kerley has already demonstrated he can make plays. notice how they are both returners but only kerley can get on the field on offensive snaps.
    Rex said he was enthused with having two 'A' backs and two 'B' backs to mix things up. Perhaps it was Rex using Sparano's vernacular but it's hard to differentiate playing time based on size, imo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Rex said he was enthused with having two 'A' backs and two 'B' backs to mix things up. Perhaps it was Rex using Sparano's vernacular but it's hard to differentiate playing time based on size, imo.
    if greene didn't get hurt last week, it's presumptious to assume they would have used powell as much as they did. given how much greene has carried the first 3 weeks and that powell was only relied upon when greene left the game, it's hard for me to believe that rex intended to use powell as much. i think in theory he likes the different kinds of backs but he's been the HC now for 3+ yrs and the only reason they're using other rbs is b/c greene is sucking so bad. powell more than doubled his ypc last week, with the same exact offense and opponent, and there wasn't one long run to skew the stats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were mistakes made, sure, was it a game that I thought the Jets were unprepared for? No, when the team wins, it usually means they were prepared.

A divisional road game against a team in their house where it especially brutal to play in the month of September and a team that goes all out against us is no easy task.

The 10-0 lead was off of a turnover, most of the mistakes were on offense, due to inexperience at WR, bad routes on the INT (Gates ran the route), Hill went the wrong way, rookie and young player mistakes.

The reference to Tannehill makes it seem like he had a good game, he didn't it was very pedestrian, but he is a player who has flashed, did it against Houston and Oakland too, who just beat the Steelers. Bush has had a fast start, they have a good OL.

Sorry, I didn't see a team that was unprepared, and I'm certainly not fretting too much about mistakes after week 3, and a game we won against a division opponent.

We disagree..And like I said earlier..We'll see how the season plays out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about same old sports fan who's tired of seeing piss poor effort? Oh no, calling someone a Same Old Jets Fan. So hurtful.

The real issue is that there are people that are still tired of the Jets not getting it done, year in and year out. There's always an excuse with some people. Sometimes I'll make one too if it seems logical. Eventually excuses don't cut it.

SOEM - Same Old Excuse Maker. That's what is reeking over this way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    when I saw this...i shouted WHAT? He should be running the ball IMO!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pats do it they are praised...Jets do it and they are clueless...

Please, don't even try to compare the two organizations. This is about a body of work. The Pats didn't have a track record of incompetence when they experimented with Troy Brown. They Jets always appear to be scrambling - look at the OL, the pass rush, QB, WR... hell, head coach - so when a key guy goes down and you have no competent NFL players to step in (even the #2 CB who was an ex first round pick is mediocre at best) you're not getting the benefit of the doubt with Mcknight the way a proven winner like Bellichick might.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it not evidence of good drafting that we have such versatility and potential on the roster? Possibly even outstanding drafting?

Or possibly not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Please, don't even try to compare the two organizations. This is about a body of work. The Pats didn't have a track record of incompetence when they experimented with Troy Brown. They Jets always appear to be scrambling - look at the OL, the pass rush, QB, WR... hell, head coach - so when a key guy goes down and you have no competent NFL players to step in (even the #2 CB who was an ex first round pick is mediocre at best) you're not getting the benefit of the doubt with Mcknight the way a proven winner like Bellichick might.
    Nor should you!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

This guy probably wouldn't even be on an NFL roster if it wasn't for his abilities as a kick returner.

He's in no shape to complain.

He's shown next to nothing out of the backfield and has shown that he has a knack for putting the ball on the ground.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

This guy probably wouldn't even be on an NFL roster if it wasn't for his abilities as a kick returner.

He's in no shape to complain.

He's shown next to nothing out of the backfield and has shown that he has a knack for putting the ball on the ground.
    in fairness, greene fumbles often as well. so that can't be a primary criterion for rex's rbs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Vance Joseph?

Hopefully, he plays a better CB than Vance!!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    McNight should not be bummed about this imho, any kid from W&M can play RB, it takes a very talented athlete to play in the defensive backfield, especially on short notice.

All that being said, wtf is Tanny doing, the Jets have no depth anywhere, keep trading away draft picks to move up a couple of spots and we will continue to see seasons derailed by injuries to key players. Don't get me wrong, I know Revis is irreplaceable however he needs to get this team deeper at all spots or get back to drawing up contracts.
    Easy there pilgrim......or I'll have to start trashing the so-called football schools in the northeast and branch out into the mindless cro-magnon "sport"(and I use the term sport loosely)called Lacrosse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When does everyone figure out that this POSis nothing but a problem? He was a GD failure as a RB, so now they want him to play corner - to help out the team. And what does he do? He b*tches about the move?! He's an ungrateful POS.

And WHERE exactly is multi-faceted talent that Sanchez was talking about. Is the the same multi-faceted talent that Sanchez has?

What a f*cking joke.

He was passed on the depth chart by Bilal Powell because he SUCKS as a RB and if it weren't for a couple of long returns he had LAST season, he'd be looking for a job right about now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    When does everyone figure out that this POSis nothing but a problem? He was a GD failure as a RB, so now they want him to play corner - to help out the team. And what does he do? He b*tches about the move?! He's an ungrateful POS.

And WHERE exactly is multi-faceted talent that Sanchez was talking about. Is the the same multi-faceted talent that Sanchez has?

What a f*cking joke.

He was passed on the depth chart by Bilal Powell because he SUCKS as a RB and if it weren't for a couple of long returns he had LAST season, he'd be looking for a job right about now.
    I usually never go by What If's, but i fully agree with this, deer hunter.

Minus a few big returns, and a punt block 1x, he hasnt contributed much.

Even his nitrogen and micro nutrient laden barf went to waste on artificial grass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we could get something in return for him.