Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Draft Prospects

2013 Draft Prospects

Well, three weeks into the season, I can already guarantee this: the Jets aren't making the playoffs. I'd be surprised if they finish above .500 with this team. I can tell you the 2013 NFL draft will be loaded with talent on offense. I hope the Jets can go after Logan Thomas, VT which I feel will fall down the draft board. Maybe a 9 or 10th pick. He reminds me of Cam Newton with his arm. Imagine Logan throwing to Hill . ... IMO the team should go after a franshise-esp QB next season.

Jarvis Jones
    Barkevious Mingo
    Marcus Lattimore

Those are the Top 3 prospects I would want in the 1st round

Veteran
    for once i'd like to see this team address the offense in the first round. a dynamic WR or a game breaking RB. montee ball or marcus lattimore jump into my mind. if we go after a QB, i'd like Logan Thomas as well. i thought tyler wilson was good, but after that rutgers game he looks like a young jay cutler. intriguing prospect though.

more than likely, Rex will influence the Jeffcoat pick.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    for once i'd like to see this team address the offense in the first round. a dynamic WR or a game breaking RB. montee ball or marcus lattimore jump into my mind. if we go after a QB, i'd like Logan Thomas as well. i thought tyler wilson was good, but after that rutgers game he looks like a young jay cutler. intriguing prospect though.
    Montee Ball won't be a 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Montee Ball won't be a 1st round pick
    agreed, not a chance. he made a mistake going back to college, he was a mid 2nd rounder last year with that heisman contender performance. not likely he goes that high this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tripside View Post
    agreed, not a chance. he made a mistake going back to college, he was a mid 2nd rounder last year with that heisman contender performance. not likely he goes that high this year.
    I think he'll be a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick this year

Oh this ought to go over real well

If you're going to declare the season over at 2-1 after week 3, can you at least not name a draft target whose most obvious comparison is Jamarcus Russell? Thanks....

Hall Of Fame
    LOL....a draft thread on the main strip when the team is 2-1. Nice.

Hall Of Fame
    But early no?

Anyhow forget a franchise QB in next year's draft. Tanny has had his crack at solving that problem. Multiple cracks. His career is indivisible from Mark Sanchez's career at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....a draft thread on the main strip when the team is 2-1. Nice.
    Welcome to JI, ha

QB: EJ Manuel, Florida State (could be good value as a 2nd or 3rd rounder)
    QB: Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (5th/6th Round: If they don't go with Manuel. Has been throwing the ball extremely well so far)
    RB: Le'von Bell, Mich St. (High 2nd/Low 1st: Making a case as a Heisman sleeper this year; will be solid btw the tackles at 6-2, 244)
    MLB: Manti T'eo, ND (1st round:Absolute Beast, immediately replaces Scott)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    QB: Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (5th/6th Round: If they don't go with Manuel. Has been throwing the ball extremely well so far)
    RB: Le'von Bell, Mich St. (High 2nd/Low 1st: Making a case as a Heisman sleeper this year; will be solid btw the tackles at 6-2, 244)
    I wanted him last year if he came out. I definitely want him this year.

Yes, I know I've complained for months about not drafting offense, but this is one of those guys I think is a sure thing.

As a ND fan, I would love Manti T'eo. That guy is an animal.

Dude reminds me so much of Junior Seau

I would love that pick but It is very unlikely. Robert Woods, a QB, Eric Reid, Chance Warmack, Marcus Lattimore, and Alex Okafor all seem more likely to me in the 1st.

Regarding Lattimore: He is a very good RB, don't get me wrong, but his recent knee injury is a cause for concern considering the shelf life of running backs these days.

Regarding Lattimore: He is a very good RB, don't get me wrong, but his recent knee injury is a cause for concern considering the shelf life of running backs these days.
    I like Le'Veon Bell better.

Aside from Lattimore & Ball, I wouldn't mind seeing us draft Eddy Lacy, Joseph Randle, & Knile Davis.

Veteran
    Teo can't cover. He's no better then Harris. Watching him against navy he didn't look so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Teo can't cover. He's no better then Harris. Watching him against navy he didn't look so hot.
    Did you watch him against Michigan?

He looked great and didn't look like he couldn't cover