Thread: Surprise by the Arizona Cardinals? Fact Check

Surprise by the Arizona Cardinals? Fact Check

they are 10-2 over their last 14 games. I had no idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    10 + 2 = 14 now? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    10 + 2 = 14 now? WTF
    they are 3-0 currently.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post

they are 3-0 currently.
    Like peeling an onion.....

All Pro
    Fact checking. We don't need no stinking fact checking.

Well, the Jets are 2-1 over their last 14 games... Is that better or worse?

Of course I'm surprised. The "experts" told us not to buy into the Cardinals' hot streak to close out 2011. You mean they could be wrong?

OK let's forget about the stellar math here

The Cardinals defense looks elite and they did it the old fashion way (through the draft)

Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Of course I'm surprised. The "experts" told us not to buy into the Cardinals' hot streak to close out 2011. You mean they could be wrong?
    What experts said this? What most people were saying was the only thing holding them back was the QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    OK let's forget about the stellar math here

The Cardinals defense looks elite and they did it the old fashion way (through the draft)
    The spending floor is really going to help fan of teams like the cards and the Bengals.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The spending floor is really going to help fan of teams like the cards and the Bengals.
    spending floor can't save a team from bad drafting though. They had to be doing something right. For the Bengals, perhaps just getting their felon:non-felon ratio down under 1 has been a big help.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude, you could be a fact checker for one of those political blogs.

50% of the time the AZ Cardinals win all of the time!

But you won't go anywhere with poor QB play right???

Oh, i guess kolb and skeletor are elite?

How many of the 10 wins are against NFCW opponents? Just sayin'.

Not buying it. We're gonna smoke them. 49ers too. Mark it down.

Cards are great in 2 of the 3 areas, defense and ST. They have great players on all three levels of the defense, good disrupted lineman, great pair of LBs, and a really good secondary, anchored, by one of the rising defense stars at corner in the league, Peterson. their red zone defense is excellent, very tough to score on. They will give up yards between the 20s though.

Their ST is one of the best units in the league, they get great punts, have excellent down field KO coverage, good in the return game, and have propensity to disrupt kicks and punts. They have a good shot at winning the Field Position battle.

Their offense is a train wreck, they have one of the best WR in the sport, and can not get him the ball, their QB play is horrible, line play is average, and have absolutely no running game. Their defense and ST will keep them in every game, and they just want the offense not to turn the ball over, and give them a few drives a game.

The Pats game, I don't think they had 250 total yards, and had no rushing yards. but they kept the Pats out of the end zone, and had them settle for FGs. (granted the game winning TD was called back, because of a BS hold call, and they should have loss on a very make-able FG). They blocked a punt given them the ball on the 3, which lead to a TD, and got an interception on just an outstanding play by Peterson on a tip ball. That lead to an easy 3, had good starting field position throughout the day, and teh pats had poor starting field position throughout the day.

That is how they win games, that is why they win close games. They are not a elite team, but they are physical, and during a long season, if you do not prepare for them they can beat anyone.

Also it is about when you play teams in this league, if you played Buffalo in the first 5 weeks last year, you were playing a good team, if you played them in the last 12, you played a bad team, the same could be true for the cardinals, they have such a fine line, and low margin of error, that I can easily see them going on a losing streak, when they will lose to everyone for a 5 or 6 week stretch.

Do you think there are SOCF's on Cardinals message boards whining that they aren't winning pretty enough and killing their management for not having elite players at every position and equally elite backups just in case a starter gets injured?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Do you think there are SOCF's on Cardinals message boards whining that they aren't winning pretty enough and killing their management for not having elite players at every position and equally elite backups just in case a starter gets injured?
    WINNING!!