Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Tom Coughlin a Football Life

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307

    Tom Coughlin a Football Life

    This show on this man tells you why he wins. It is simple I am not a Giants fan at all but it was moving....

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This show on this man tells you why he wins. It is simple I am not a Giants fan at all but it was moving....
    Watched it. Nothing earth shattering that I didn't already know, but still good.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,061
    Did they say how he was going to be a priest?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Did they say how he was going to be a priest?
    Don't remember hearing that part during the show.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Watched it. Nothing earth shattering that I didn't already know, but still good.
    I noted that Coughlan had a philosphy as to ho he approaches sports that he took from John Wooden and that for me was very telling about why his team is well prepared. I also thought that it was very significant that he understood QBs and that the players themselves could see how he developed Eli Manning!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I noted that Coughlan had a philosphy as to ho he approaches sports that he took from John Wooden and that for me was very telling about why his team is well prepared. I also thought that it was very significant that he understood QBs and that the players themselves could see how he developed Eli Manning!!!
    He was an offensive coach before he was a head coach so it didn't surprise me that he was able to develop Eli.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    He was an offensive coach before he was a head coach so it didn't surprise me that he was able to develop Eli.
    Did you know the John Wooden influence.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This show on this man tells you why he wins. It is simple I am not a Giants fan at all but it was moving....
    It was a great view

    Coughlin is a good coach

    To think just two years ago the fanbase and media were trying to drive him out of town

    Even last year, the Giants were still just a 9-7 team

    It's not easy to win in this league even for the great coaches

    It's been 3 years with Rex, and already some are turning, despite 2 AFCCG's

    The point, fans need to take a step back and have a better grasp on the bigger picture

    Every great coach in this league has gone through ups and downs, this is UNDENIABLE, and last year wasn't even that much of a down, even last year's team, for all of its warts, were once 8-5, and eyeballing the 5th seed

    Things happen, fans can't accept that, right away, they put on their fantasy GM Madden hats, they can do better, the media spews the garbage, fans buy in.

    We are 2-1 this year, already there are threads about firing Rex and Tanny and there is a draft thread up.

    This fan base has become a circus, this fan base, particularly the SOJF's are the joke, the media feeds it to them, they buy in.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Did you know the John Wooden influence.
    @WilliamsonNFL: "Never mistake activity for achievement" -John Wooden

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It was a great view

    Coughlin is a good coach

    To think just two years ago the fanbase and media were trying to drive him out of town

    Even last year, the Giants were still just a 9-7 team

    It's not easy to win in this league even for the great coaches

    It's been 3 years with Rex, and already some are turning, despite 2 AFCCG's

    The point, fans need to take a step back and have a better grasp on the bigger picture

    Every great coach in this league has gone through ups and downs, this is UNDENIABLE, and last year wasn't even that much of a down, even last year's team, for all of its warts, were once 8-5, and eyeballing the 5th seed

    Things happen, fans can't accept that, right away, they put on their fantasy GM Madden hats, they can do better, the media spews the garbage, fans buy in.

    We are 2-1 this year, already there are threads about firing Rex and Tanny and there is a draft thread up.

    This fan base has become a circus, this fan base, particularly the SOJF's are the joke, the media feeds it to them, they buy in.
    Fan's can be incredibly ignorant sometimes. I can understand a fan base getting angry at a front office for passing up on obvious talent (e.g. drafting Dwayne Robertson ahead of Polamalu, Suggs), but most of the time when fans blurt out their wish lists of the types of players they think the team needs (pass rush specialist, #1 receiver, etc) they rarely offer the name of a real upgrade or a realistic option.

    There are so many things a front office has to take into account: salary cap, players that can potentially cause team chemistry issues, and what many forget; other front offices competing for limited resources. These 31 other teams have scouts, personnel men, coaches and GM's also.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It was a great view

    Coughlin is a good coach

    To think just two years ago the fanbase and media were trying to drive him out of town

    Even last year, the Giants were still just a 9-7 team

    It's not easy to win in this league even for the great coaches

    It's been 3 years with Rex, and already some are turning, despite 2 AFCCG's

    The point, fans need to take a step back and have a better grasp on the bigger picture

    Every great coach in this league has gone through ups and downs, this is UNDENIABLE, and last year wasn't even that much of a down, even last year's team, for all of its warts, were once 8-5, and eyeballing the 5th seed

    Things happen, fans can't accept that, right away, they put on their fantasy GM Madden hats, they can do better, the media spews the garbage, fans buy in.

    We are 2-1 this year, already there are threads about firing Rex and Tanny and there is a draft thread up.

    This fan base has become a circus, this fan base, particularly the SOJF's are the joke, the media feeds it to them, they buy in.
    Dude great post, dead on we are 2-1 and 2-0 in division and 2-1 in AFC. Can't wait for Sunday!!! Beefsteak tailgate... And Jets win 27-21...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It was a great view

    Coughlin is a good coach

    To think just two years ago the fanbase and media were trying to drive him out of town

    Even last year, the Giants were still just a 9-7 team

    It's not easy to win in this league even for the great coaches

    It's been 3 years with Rex, and already some are turning, despite 2 AFCCG's

    The point, fans need to take a step back and have a better grasp on the bigger picture

    Every great coach in this league has gone through ups and downs, this is UNDENIABLE, and last year wasn't even that much of a down, even last year's team, for all of its warts, were once 8-5, and eyeballing the 5th seed

    Things happen, fans can't accept that, right away, they put on their fantasy GM Madden hats, they can do better, the media spews the garbage, fans buy in.

    We are 2-1 this year, already there are threads about firing Rex and Tanny and there is a draft thread up.

    This fan base has become a circus, this fan base, particularly the SOJF's are the joke, the media feeds it to them, they buy in.
    +1, all very true

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,095
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @WilliamsonNFL: "Never mistake activity for achievement" -John Wooden
    Says it all right there.

    This regime takes bows for being AFC runner-ups. Coughlin wins 2 SBs and you hardly hear him talk about it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Says it all right there.

    This regime takes bows for being AFC runner-ups. Coughlin wins 2 SBs and you hardly hear him talk about it.


    Who took a bow, who wanted glory? Or is this just more of your sensationalistic BS?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us