Thread: Fred Jackson

Fred Jackson

Trade for him?

He's 31, he's banged up, but I see as a great short-term solution if he comes back healthy. Thomas Jones 2.0, with more wiggle.

Bills probably wouldn't be hot to trade him in the division, but he's $3.6 million in cap space this year, nearly all of it dead money. They've got the same amount tied up in Spiller, who is younger and a beast, and Tashard Choice looks good, too. If I'm the Bills GM, I could maybe be haggled down to a 4th rounder.

::ducks::

We just signed stud J Grimes :-/

Banned
    There's no way the Bills will ever trade Fred Jackson to us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Trade for him?

He's 31, he's banged up, but I see as a great short-term solution if he comes back healthy. Thomas Jones 2.0, with more wiggle.

Bills probably wouldn't be hot to trade him in the division, but he's $3.6 million in cap space this year, nearly all of it dead money. They've got the same amount tied up in Spiller, who is younger and a beast, and Tashard Choice looks good, too. If I'm the Bills GM, I could maybe be haggled down to a 4th rounder.

::ducks::
    with our front office, we'll trade a 4th and a 7th.

Just move Tebow to RB and call it a day. After all that's transpired, wouldn't surprise me...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    with our front office, we'll trade a 4th and a 7th.

a 31 yr old rb is a relic according to many here. and why waste draft picks on guys like this? i had suggested 29 yr old joseph addai who played in an indy passing offense that would cost us next to nothing as he is a free agent and i was ridiculed for it.

lets hope grimes is that guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    a 31 yr old rb is a relic according to many here. and why waste draft picks on guys like this? i had suggested 29 yr old joseph addai who played in an indy passing offense that would cost us next to nothing as he is a free agent and i was ridiculed for it.

lets hope grimes is that guy.
    Fred Jackson >>> Joseph Addai.

Addai was a flash in the pan success for his first couple of seasons. He dropped off significantly after that and has little left.

Addai quit from the Pasts* training camp because he couldn't pass his conditioning test.

so yeah, let's not sign him.

The player to trade for is Pierre Thomas. The Saints are finished. After this week they will likely be 0-4. They have Sproles, Ingram and Ivory on that team. Thomas is expendable. Thomas is the best all around back on the Saints. He can run between the tackles and catch it in the flat. He has a little wiggle and a little beast mode in him. His running style actually reminds me of Curtis Martin. I think the Saints under utilize him big time. I'd offer a 3rd rounder today for Thomas. He would be a star on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Cute..... I am in the middle of a 10/15 tax deadline and THAT sir, made me laugh!

Fred Jackson - sucks, old, coming off a knee injury that has slowed him down which is why Spiller is taking away his job.

Felix Jones - hell no

Joseph Addai - see Fred Jackson, only reason he was ok for a couple years was Peyton and he can make any JAG RB look good with his audibles.

Tim Hightower - pass

MJD - not happening

I don't think there are any legit RB's that are available either in FA or for trade. The only one left was Legarrette Blount and Schiano is already telling local media in Tampa that Blount and Martin are getting ready to do a platoon in the backfield rest of the season.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 09-27-2012 at 10:11 PM.

All League
    We might as well trade a pick or two for a RB. We can't draft for sh*t anyways. At least we'll know we're not getting a bust like 80% of our picks from the last 5 years.