Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: some numbers on just how bad our D is

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    With an assist from the schedule maker.
    Really? Road game at Pitt is easy? Beating a Buffalo team that is now 2-1 is easy and beating a divisional rival on the road is easy?

I love SOJF's, they find reasons to be grumpy and bitter. Jets could win the Super Bowl and half of you would complain that we have the last draft pick in the coming draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Landry... 4 days ago!
    yes but i was really talking about getting off the field on 3rd downs. but that was a great play by him. i just wish a DL or LB could come up with a big defensive play. so far the dbs and cb have picked off a few passes but that's really it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    yes but i was really talking about getting off the field on 3rd downs. but that was a great play by him. i just wish a DL or LB could come up with a big defensive play. so far the dbs and cb have picked off a few passes but that's really it.
    You're right and I knew what you meant...just wanted to make a point that we do make clutch plays.

3rd down is clearly an issue right now but it only surfaced on the road... they preformed well at home vs. Buffalo. If we have the same issues the next two Sundays then it's a serious problem.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right and I knew what you meant...just wanted to make a point that we do make clutch plays.

3rd down is clearly an issue right now but it only surfaced on the road... they preformed well at home vs. Buffalo. If we have the same issues the next two Sundays then it's a serious problem.
    3rd down has always been an issue, even when Rex finished 1st in total defense with mangini's players. Lets face it the only exotic about Rex's defense is the smell of the players feet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Really? Road game at Pitt is easy? Beating a Buffalo team that is now 2-1 is easy and beating a divisional rival on the road is easy?

I love SOJF's, they find reasons to be grumpy and bitter. Jets could win the Super Bowl and half of you would complain that we have the last draft pick in the coming draft.
    And some of you limp noodles (generous) are constantly biting into a sh1t sandwich provided by the Jets and complimenting the organization about how thick and warm it is. Strangely enough that does not bother the rest of us. You are what you enjoy eating after all. No, it is the constant attempts to ram said sandwich down our throats that we find vaguely disgusting and offensive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And some of you limp noodles (generous) are constantly biting into a sh1t sandwich provided by the Jets and complimenting the organization about how thick and warm it is.
    This made me LOL...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    This made me LOL...
    Wait till you get a load of the revised and extended version.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Miracle?! It's a certainty, isn't it?
    That we'll win Sunday?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This made me LOL...
    oh look, the SOJF circle jerk has begun...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Well said.

The D has not looked good, except for the first half of the Bills game. but I think most of the issues are fairly easy to fix (or at least appear to be).

for instance, guys like Pouha and Devito are struggling to stop the run, when its something that they have been excellent at for the pay few years. I would be very surprised if they continue to struggle in the one area that's been their main strength. and at least we have young talent waiting in the wings if they don't get it fixed.

missed tackles has been our main issue, IMHO. too many are breaking free after initial contact and we're letting offenses off the hook when we should've had easy stops. this doomed us against the Steelers and it was a big problem last week against Miami. if our guys start finishing those tackles the results on defense will be drastically different.
    Devito is a JAG ... there ... I said it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Devito is a JAG ... there ... I said it.
    I wouldn't say JAG...I'd say he's an above average one trick pony.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And some of you limp noodles (generous) are constantly biting into a sh1t sandwich provided by the Jets and complimenting the organization about how thick and warm it is. Strangely enough that does not bother the rest of us. You are what you enjoy eating after all. No, it is the constant attempts to ram said sandwich down our throats that we find vaguely disgusting and offensive.
    No, we just aren't evaluating things while stomping our feet and our heads in the sand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say JAG...I'd say he's an above average one trick pony.
    could be a jag. and rex favors a lot of these jags b/c they probably practice harder and have less of an attitude, and i think this carries over to playing time. why is it that the fastest DE, LB and RB can't get on the field while dixon, devito, thomas and greene are rex's favorites? when was the last time any of these guys made a big play?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    could be a jag. and rex favors a lot of these jags b/c they probably practice harder and have less of an attitude, and i think this carries over to playing time. why is it that the fastest DE, LB and RB can't get on the field while dixon, devito, thomas and greene are rex's favorites? when was the last time any of these guys made a big play?
    Devito plays because he holds his ground at the LOS...he never gets blown off the ball. One trick pony, but he's good at it. Never going to see anything spectacular outta him.

And he should continue to play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devito plays because he holds his ground at the LOS...he never gets blown off the ball. One trick pony, but he's good at it. Never going to see anything spectacular outta him.

And he should continue to play.
    but if the jets run defense continues to be this bad, then guys like devito aren't doing their jobs. and if devito is only in there to stop the run, then his playing time needs to be re-evaluated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    oh look, the SOJF circle jerk has begun...
    You are one of those SOEM (Same Ole Excuse Makers) members . Accepting BS play with excuse for everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, we just aren't evaluating things while stomping our feet and our heads in the sand.
    Evaluating?? More like excusing and accepting garbage this organization put on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are one of those SOEM (Same Ole Excuse Makers) members . Accepting BS play with excuse for everything.
    I am sure that will catch on

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not to mention we never get a stop when we need to.

If you look in the boxscore it looks like Pitt didn't run the ball well. Except for when they needed to. Crucial first downs and a TD run.
    We were not in that game before that drive.

During that drive, we were already getting handled with TOP...defense was exhausted from being out there for 2/3 of the game. Anyone who thinks we still had a legitimate shot in that game before that drive is kidding themselves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    from the NY Post today: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...hzH7Cozq7jfO7J

The Jets have failed to stop the run ó they rank 28th in the league, giving up 148.7 yards per game

canít stop opponents on third down ó allowing 55.8 percent of third downs to be converted, worst in the NFL.

They have just three sacks, 29th in the NFL, this year.

They have blitzed five or more rushers on 40 pass plays this season, according to ESPN. Only five teams have blitzed more than them. The blitzes have not yielded much success. Teams are completing 65 percent of their passes when the Jets blitz
    Ridiculous, it's all Sanchez' fault.