Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135

Thread: some numbers on just how bad our D is

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You do the whole all you want. This team is horrible on both sides of the ball.

    On Offense we can't do the following: Run, catch, pass

    On Defense we can't do the following: tackle, pressure the QB, get off the field on 3rd down.

    Do we have a winning record at the moment? Sure we do. Talk to me in 4 weeks after we have run off 4 losses in a row.
    No joke, bro. You really are a miserable mofocker. Lighten' up, enjoy the sunshine, sunshine.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You do the whole all you want. This team is horrible on both sides of the ball.

    On Offense we can't do the following: Run, catch, pass

    On Defense we can't do the following: tackle, pressure the QB, get off the field on 3rd down.

    Do we have a winning record at the moment? Sure we do. Talk to me in 4 weeks after we have run off 4 losses in a row.



  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Well the article talks about a "back to basics" movement among the Jets defense with an emphasis on tackling. How many JI forum members have criticized the defense for not doing simple things like wrapping up the ball carrier ? The Jets D are going for the big, ESPN highlight hits and aren't doing the obvious things like making sure the offensive player is down. Bart Scott's hit and non-tackle allowed Spiller an extra 40 yards in the Bills game. So some of these problems are easily correctable.
    Well said.

    The D has not looked good, except for the first half of the Bills game. but I think most of the issues are fairly easy to fix (or at least appear to be).

    for instance, guys like Pouha and Devito are struggling to stop the run, when its something that they have been excellent at for the pay few years. I would be very surprised if they continue to struggle in the one area that's been their main strength. and at least we have young talent waiting in the wings if they don't get it fixed.

    missed tackles has been our main issue, IMHO. too many are breaking free after initial contact and we're letting offenses off the hook when we should've had easy stops. this doomed us against the Steelers and it was a big problem last week against Miami. if our guys start finishing those tackles the results on defense will be drastically different.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    No joke, bro. You really are a miserable mofocker. Lighten' up, enjoy the sunshine, sunshine.
    Haha. I am not miserable at all. I am a realist that is all. This team is so flawed but some of you won't admit it. We aren't going anywhere. What team is successful without getting to the QB? Now couple that with the fact what Revis is out and we are screwed. Any half decent QB is going to light us up. Do I wish is was different? Of course, but it is not.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So every response to you doom and gloom and naive rhetoric is kool aid...

    Got it...

    Grow up
    Hey D-bag, I guess you missed the post where I said Rex is a top 10 percent coach and I picked the JETS to win 10 games.

    Put me on ignore or dont respnd to my posts OR, as hard as it may be , be civil to JETS fans

    I use the term D-Bag only because you said grow up.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Haha. I am not miserable at all. I am a realist that is all. This team is so flawed but some of you won't admit it. We aren't going anywhere. What team is successful without getting to the QB? Now couple that with the fact what Revis is out and we are screwed. Any half decent QB is going to light us up. Do I wish is was different? Of course, but it is not.
    Every team has flaws...

    You aren't a realist, you're a doom and gloomer, big difference.

    Teams aren't at their peak after 3 weeks, teams are still defining themselves, working to improve, for the flaws the Jets have showed, many of them are correctable, the team can improve, you're leaving no possibility of this in your prediction.

    Anybody can just throw their hands up ignorantly and write off the season when it just started, those people usually don't know what they are talking about.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Hope Rex and Sparano watched the entire Seahawks-Packers game.

    That was possibly the most spectacular QB hit show I ever seen.

    'Elite' Aaron Rodgers ate grass 8 times in the first 30 minutes.

    Seahawks might double that against the Jets.

    And the way GB ended the onslaught and reversed the storm was by cranking up the no-huddle offense.

    Works like a charm.

    Sparano wouldn't think of that unless he's down by 3 TDs with 4:00 left.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Haha. I am not miserable at all. I am a realist that is all. This team is so flawed but some of you won't admit it. We aren't going anywhere. What team is successful without getting to the QB? Now couple that with the fact what Revis is out and we are screwed. Any half decent QB is going to light us up. Do I wish is was different? Of course, but it is not.
    Yes actually, you are miserable. Look around the NFL and tell me which team is friggin' perfect. The 49ers? Vikings say Hi. Pats, not. Packers? ... you get the point?

    Btw, who's to say the this terrible Jets team that you saw the first three weeks, will be the same team the next three weeks? Maybe they'll pick it up a notch. Were the SB winning vaGiants the same team that they were when they looked pathetic against the Redskins twice? Nope.

    Trust me, you are miserable.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    We are at home. That has to help. Last time we were home, we looked like the best team in the league.

    Im still holding out hope that the defense becomes better without revis. Time to pull out the kitchen sink and really attack the qb. Get maybin, coples, ellis etc on the field at the same time.

    We need to try everything to generate some kind of pass rush.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Every team has flaws...

    You aren't a realist, you're a doom and gloomer, big difference.

    Teams aren't at their peak after 3 weeks, teams are still defining themselves, working to improve, for the flaws the Jets have showed, many of them are correctable, the team can improve, you're leaving no possibility of this in your prediction.

    Anybody can just throw their hands up ignorantly and write off the season when it just started, those people usually don't know what they are talking about.
    We have no QB, no pass rush, no signifigant run game, we can't tackle. Those things are not just going to happen. You need talent to do those things and we are lacking that.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    from the NY Post today: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...hzH7Cozq7jfO7J


    The Jets have failed to stop the run — they rank 28th in the league, giving up 148.7 yards per game


    can’t stop opponents on third down — allowing 55.8 percent of third downs to be converted, worst in the NFL.


    They have just three sacks, 29th in the NFL, this year.


    They have blitzed five or more rushers on 40 pass plays this season, according to ESPN. Only five teams have blitzed more than them. The blitzes have not yielded much success. Teams are completing 65 percent of their passes when the Jets blitz
    So you are saying that statistically speaking we are 2-1 and almost certain to improve defensively!!!!

    Awesome.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,535
    I don't care about the numbers. I've watched and the defense has been below average.

  13. #33
    Jets defense has been bad, we have zero running game, our WRs can't catch, sanchez is the worst QB in the league, our offensive line can't block, our head coach is a clown and our GM doesn't know how to evaluate talent and Tebow is too much of a distraction.

    I attribute our 2-1 record solely to the efforts of Robert "Moses" Malone!

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I don't care about the numbers. I've watched and the defense has been below average.
    Realest ?? Quick run for cover .

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Jets defense has been bad, we have zero running game, our WRs can't catch, sanchez is the worst QB in the league, our offensive line can't block, our head coach is a clown and our GM doesn't know how to evaluate talent and Tebow is too much of a distraction.

    I attribute our 2-1 record solely to the efforts of Robert "Moses" Malone!
    With an assist from the schedule maker.

  16. #36
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    584
    I'm not minimizing our issues on D, but like many posters said it's only week 3. If I remember correctly, our run D was not very good for the first portion of Rex's first season in 2009. Then Jenkins went down against the Bills, and everyone predicted doom and gloom that our D was done before it even got a chance to gel. Pouha came in and the D steadily improved. I'm not saying Pouha > Jenkins by any means, but I think part of our issues on Run D is Pouha's health, or lack therof.

    Spiller ran all over us, but Spiller has run all over everyone he's faced so far. And we actually had him bottled up on his long runs, we just didn't make the tackle. Pittsburgh didn't run on us until the 4th quarter when our defense was gassed. Miami pushed us around, which is very disconcerting.

    Not for nothing, but the Ravens are currently ranked 27th in total defense. Anyone here think they have the 27th best D in the league? My point is be patient and let these guys work on it...even though I know "patience" is very dirty word round these parts.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,848
    Score points.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    I'm not minimizing our issues on D, but like many posters said it's only week 3. If I remember correctly, our run D was not very good for the first portion of Rex's first season in 2009. Then Jenkins went down against the Bills, and everyone predicted doom and gloom that our D was done before it even got a chance to gel. Pouha came in and the D steadily improved. I'm not saying Pouha > Jenkins by any means, but I think part of our issues on Run D is Pouha's health, or lack therof.

    Spiller ran all over us, but Spiller has run all over everyone he's faced so far. And we actually had him bottled up on his long runs, we just didn't make the tackle. Pittsburgh didn't run on us until the 4th quarter when our defense was gassed. Miami pushed us around, which is very disconcerting.

    Not for nothing, but the Ravens are currently ranked 27th in total defense. Anyone here think they have the 27th best D in the league? My point is be patient and let these guys work on it...even though I know "patience" is very dirty word round these parts.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Actually they are pretty bad. They can't get the the QB and their CBs are horrible. Without Suggs they are nothing, like we will be without Revis. Father Time has gotten to Ray Lewis and he is a a shell of himself.

  20. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Actually they are pretty bad. They can't get the the QB and their CBs are horrible. Without Suggs they are nothing, like we will be without Revis. Father Time has gotten to Ray Lewis and he is a a shell of himself.
    Soo in your opinion, who in the NFL is actually any good? I'm not picking a fight, but it just seems as you think pretty much everyone sucks.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us