Thread: Jets vs 49ers: what's a good time to get there?

Jets vs 49ers: what's a good time to get there?

I'm going to a game for the first time this Sunday and I was wondering what is a good time to get there so that you're not stuck in a line for parking and end up missing the game starting? I was thinking get there about 2 hours early (so around 11). I'm coming from the Clifton/Nutley area so its just 10 mins away and we have the yellow parking pass.

I'm going with a few people from work and we'll be sitting in the 202A section, anyone around that area? How is the view?

GO JETS!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltalianguy View Post
    I'm going to a game for the first time this Sunday and I was wondering what is a good time to get there so that you're not stuck in a line for parking and end up missing the game starting? I was thinking get there about 2 hours early (so around 11). I'm coming from the Clifton/Nutley area so its just 10 mins away and we have the yellow parking pass.

I'm going with a few people from work and we'll be sitting in the 202A section, anyone around that area? How is the view?

GO JETS!!!!!!
    You might want to get there more like 10.30 that gives you 2hrs. before you head in at 12.30 or so and just enough time to get a decent space, drinking or not that always seems to be enough time prior. It is most likely gonna rain so bring your foul weather gear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

there shouldn't be much traffic getting in.. any traffic there is moves pretty quickly. That's one thing they've done well with the new stadium. How early you want to get there depends on if you're planning on tailgating or not. You'd have to leave Nutley by around 1030 or to be settled in the parking lot by 11. At that time, you'll end up parking in a lot farther away from the stadium, but it's much easier to get out post game.

From there, to be at your seat for kickoff you want to give yourself about 1/2 hour to walk through the parking lot, get through security and make your way to your seats... so the question is, is 90 minutes enough (or too much) time for you?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You may want to get there after 4.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You may want to get there after 4.
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Echo in here.

Get there at 8AM. Max out the tailgate time and you are guaranteed to get a good parking space. I am in 203A and the view is good. You will see the holes and how the play develops....

For real, getting there by 10AM gets you a good spot. You will want to park in Lot L for sec 202A and go in the Pepsi gate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Perhaps a change in the weather, but bring some gear anyway. Oh, that would be nice.

Thanks for the info guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You might want to get there more like 10.30 that gives you 2hrs. before you head in at 12.30 or so and just enough time to get a decent space, drinking or not that always seems to be enough time prior. It is most likely gonna rain so bring your foul weather gear.
    Yeah they have predicting rain all week but now they're saying only 10% chance of rain: http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...+USNJ0128:1:US

Looks like Sunday is turning out to be good weather for the game.
    Last edited by Ltalianguy; 09-28-2012 at 11:37 AM.