Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good Look at Sanchez's Struggles vs. Mia

You can look at game tape of any QB and point out plays in which they overlooked WRs that were "more open" than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    You can look at game tape of any QB and point out plays in which they overlooked WRs that were "more open" than others.
    Some QBs have way more examples though.

Rookie
    For how many years can excuses be made? First he's a rookie, then it's the coordinator, then the offensive line, now the receivers.

At some point, reality has to kick in. He is mediocre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    For how many years can excuses be made? First he's a rookie, then it's the coordinator, then the offensive line, now the receivers.

At some point, reality has to kick in. He is mediocre.
    Not sure what you are talking about regarding excuses, but what I posted was based on the stills from the blog. Not saying I'm right, but it's definitely based on football observations, not thin-air excuses.

I suppose you can make the argument about Schottenheimer simply being an excuse, but surely you see that the OL and receivers have been a problem for the better part of a season+.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about regarding excuses, but what I posted was based on the stills from the blog. Not saying I'm right, but it's definitely based on football observations, not thin-air excuses.

I suppose you can make the argument about Schottenheimer simply being an excuse, but surely you see that the OL and receivers have been a problem for the better part of a season+.
    Again this is where the 22-tape has been such a life saver. It's easy to imagine excuses for someone, and I felt like I had a tendency to do that with Sanchez. It's also easy to just think he is garbage like I did after this last game. When I get to see the 22 tape it becomes evident that the issue was not Sanchez in the last game. It's not an excuse it's what the facts support.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Again this is where the 22-tape has been such a life saver. It's easy to imagine excuses for someone, and I felt like I had a tendency to do that with Sanchez. It's also easy to just think he is garbage like I did after this last game. When I get to see the 22 tape it becomes evident that the issue was not Sanchez in the last game. It's not an excuse it's what the facts support.

Jets Insider VIP
    Expert after expert have "vindicated" Mark. he is not the problem. But we clearly don't have the talent around him. 4 years in to TannyREX, our personnel is perhaps as bad as I have ever seen it. It pains me to say that but post 2001, Perhaps 2005 was worse, this may be the weakest talent we have ever had.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Expert after expert have "vindicated" Mark. he is not the problem. But we clearly don't have the talent around him. 4 years in to TannyREX, our personnel is perhaps as bad as I have ever seen it. It pains me to say that but post 2001, Perhaps 2005 was worse, this may be the weakest talent we have ever had.
    Not really true.

Ive heard both sides of the argument from "analysts". It really depends which one you ask.

By not enough talent, i also am confused. yes, he doesnt have a Larry Fitzgeragld, and certainly not an adrian peterson, but there are alot of teams in the league without superstar WR's and RB's.

Who wants a QB that needs to be surrounded with probowl talent at every position around him to succeed?

How about for once, just once, the team can succeed because MARK is the talent to propell them to the next level? Gotta admit, it sounds tempting.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 09-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Not really true.

Ive heard both sides of the argument from "analysts". It really depends which one you ask.

By not enough talent, i also am confused. yes, he doesnt have a Larry Fitzgeragld, and certainly not an adrian peterson, but there are alot of teams in the league without superstar WR's and RB's.

Who wants a QB that needs to be surrounded with probowl talent at every position around him to succeed?

How about for once, just once, the team can succeed because MARK is the talent to propell them to the next level? Gotta admit, it sounds tempting.
    Mark is not Brady, clearly but who is our go to TE, WR (after SH), who isnthenRB to catch a short screen?

All Pro
    Mark is not Brady, clearly but who is our go to TE, WR (after SH), who isnthenRB to catch a short screen?
    Im not a mark basher. I thought he did a great job in the 4th quarter last week to put the team in a chance to win. Hoping he shows more of just that.....

I agree a home run threat on Offense would be a tremendous help, but its just not in the cards this year. Blame the FO, or HC, or both.

There should be enough talent for this team to sniff the postseason. As a fan, i demand that.

Jets Insider VIP
    The truth is we have some of the worst skill position players outside of the QB in the NFL!!!

The fact that the some of fans out here don't see this is unbelieveable!!

Not really true.

Look at some of the best QBs in the league and look at the talent they have.

Brady- Gronk, Welk, Lloyd, Hernandez
    Stafford- Megatron
    Brees- Graham, Colston
    Rodgers- Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Finley

If Sanchez even had guys that were veterans I would say it makes sense that he might be able to elevate their play by making ridic throws. But we literally have the one of the worst receiving corps in the league. We have Holmes who I think ideally would be flanked by a true number one, Kerley, and Keller hasn't been down since the beginning. Hill has lost some of his confidence and has dealt with injuries, either way much less effective than he needs to be. I think at full strength Sanchez can propel the pass catchers to be a pretty good offense. But you lose even one of those guys and it's a near impossibility.

Also guys like Manning had a continuity of great pass catchers EARLY in their career. How automatic did Manning to Harrison become? They added Wayne slightly later and kept that duo together for a while with Clark at TE. Sanchez has had one consistent weapon in Keller, Holmes he's had for about two years when you factor in the suspension. The issues on offense speak more about Rex/Tanny. Rex needs to understand that investments MUST be made on offense to keep great weapons that have chemistry with the QB. Tanny just needs to invest in that side and frankly make some better choices.

It's not the weakest, it's the youngest, how about we give them some time to develop and mature, there is talent. Missing Keller has been big early in the season.

Even still, Mark has had two games where the passing offense put up 270 and 300+ yds passing.

Why must you have a chicken little response for everything?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's not the weakest, it's the youngest, how about we give them some time to develop and mature, there is talent. Missing Keller has been big early in the season.

Even still, Mark has had two games where the passing offense put up 270 and 300+ yds passing.

Why must you have a chicken little response for everything?
    Why must you be such a dick? Put me on ignore and drink Kool aid.

Why must you be such a dick? Put me on ignore and drink Kool aid.
    I'm a dick because I asked a legitimate question? You really don't know any other way, other than to be miserable?

I love it that you once criticized me for immature behavior on a message board and this is your response.. LOL

All Pro
    Look at some of the best QBs in the league and look at the talent they have.

Brady- Gronk, Welk, Lloyd, Hernandez
    Stafford- Megatron
    Brees- Graham, Colston
    Rodgers- Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Finley

If Sanchez even had guys that were veterans I would say it makes sense that he might be able to elevate their play by making ridic throws. But we literally have the one of the worst receiving corps in the league. We have Holmes who I think ideally would be flanked by a true number one, Kerley, and Keller hasn't been down since the beginning. Hill has lost some of his confidence and has dealt with injuries, either way much less effective than he needs to be. I think at full strength Sanchez can propel the pass catchers to be a pretty good offense. But you lose even one of those guys and it's a near impossibility.

Also guys like Manning had a continuity of great pass catchers EARLY in their career. How automatic did Manning to Harrison become? They added Wayne slightly later and kept that duo together for a while with Clark at TE. Sanchez has had one consistent weapon in Keller, Holmes he's had for about two years when you factor in the suspension. The issues on offense speak more about Rex/Tanny. Rex needs to understand that investments MUST be made on offense to keep great weapons that have chemistry with the QB. Tanny just needs to invest in that side and frankly make some better choices.
    Good argument. Those 4 teams have dominant weapons. A lot of teams dont.

You know what i think it boils down to? Its been like 25+ years now. Ill take a mark sanchez led offense. Its a heck of a lot better than alot ive seen, but i just want a dominat qb. A bad mofo. A john Elway, Dan Marino.....heck....a Philip Rivers type qb that just wings the living **** out of it, and gets it DONE!

Ill take Mark for now, but i need more. Weapons or not.

Good argument. Those 4 teams have dominant weapons. A lot of teams dont.

You know what i think it boils down to? Its been like 25+ years now. Ill take a mark sanchez led offense. Its a heck of a lot better than alot ive seen, but i just want a dominat qb. A bad mofo. A john Elway, Dan Marino.....heck....a Philip Rivers type qb that just wings the living **** out of it, and gets it DONE!

Ill take Mark for now, but i need more. Weapons or not.
    I guess my point is we complain about Sanchez, but if you look at any of the QBs that are actually producing the numbers we yearn for they tend to have elite playmakers around them. Outside of Peyton Manning perhaps I can't show you a elite QB right now who doesn't have some elite weapons around him.