Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/27

Jets Tweets & Info 9/27

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says McKnight is not bein forgotten as a RB. Still will have a role on offense as he learn the defense

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex says Cumberland has done a nice job filling in for Keller, who he assumes will be able to play Sunday.

JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Rex says Joe McKnight will always have a role of offense, says it seemed like Joe thought he was being phased out but that's not the case.

Rex says he should've been more clear w/ McKnight that Rex still believes in his as a running back

Rex says moving him to CB "certainly not the message" to McKnight that he can't cut it at RB

This is the reason for last night's discussion on JI...It's the HCs job to explain to the player your decision and why...Poor job by the HC (Mgr)
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-27-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said he thinks Keller will play Sunday

Rex says Hill, Landry and Scott won't practice - although Scott might be out there. Landry is just his reg. day off.

All League
    Not a Jet Tweet, but I thought it was funny on the Ref situation...
    Chris Pika@BlogAndTackle
    Ed Hochuli needs to do the Ray Lewis dance coming through the tunnel in Baltimore tomorrow night.
    Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Rex says Stephen Hill "is looking doubtful" for Sunday vs Niners with a hamstring injury

McKnight will still have a role on offense despite spending time this week in defensive meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex says Joe McKnight will always have a role of offense, says it seemed like Joe thought he was being phased out but that's not the case.

Rex says he should've been more clear w/ McKnight that Rex still believes in his as a running back

Rex says moving him to CB "certainly not the message" to McKnight that he can't cut it at RB

This is the reason for last night's discussion on JI...It's the HCs job to explain to the player your decision and why...Poor job by the HC (Mgr)
    Or a poor job by the media for trying to portray it as such...

Rex says Cumberland has done a nice job filling in for Keller, who he assumes will be able to play Sunday.

WOW! Wake up, Rex

Rex said Coples had his best practice yesterday: "I believe you're going to see him a lot more".

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said Coples had his best day of practice yesterday

Rex says Hill is doubtful for Sunday. If Bryan Thomas can play Sunday, he'll start

Rex thinks Hill (hamstring) would look doubtful for #49ers game. Schilens & Kerley would step into his role.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said that Coples' playing time should increase here. He's committed to keeping him as a DE and not an OLB.

Rex on Vernon Davis/Gronk comments: "you know I had to get a shot on the patriots in"

Rex said his schedule will be the same, no heavier of a focus on defense.

Slauson shows up on the injury report with a knee

Rex, "you know I had to get a shot in at the Patriots. Now Vernon Davis is best TE in the league, when we play (Pats) it'll be Gronkowski."

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex on Vernon Davis/Gronk comments: "you know I had to get a shot on the patriots in" #Jets #nyj

How about beating them Rex??, instead of worrying about getting shots at them on a week that you are not even playing them. These are the things that make Rex look like a clown.

Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10
    Another chance to get better. Attack today with a sense of urgency.

Mc Night has never had a role in our offense, phased out ?

More Rex BS, he should have a couple of hundred carries
    as a Jet, he's a damn good running back, and a damn
    good return man, Joe and the new RB will only get
    carries only if both Green and Powell get hurt.

I could see Greene's work load significantly increasing
    if Powell goes down, remember Thomas Jones in the
    championship game against Indy when Greene went
    down ?

This team has a problem and it's coaching, after we lose
    out the schedule, then go 0 -16 next year, Tanny will turn
    to Brian Schotenhiemer, for six more years of hell.

Rex will make sure Joe M. continues to play his major
    role, one carry a game.

Keep up the good work Rex, you found the perfect
    employer. The New York Jets. 2012 ? Playoffs ?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex on Vernon Davis/Gronk comments: "you know I had to get a shot on the patriots in" #Jets #nyj

How about beating them Rex??, instead of worrying about getting shots at them on a week that you are not even playing them. These are the things that make Rex look like a clown.
    Oh lighten up, Rex can't do anything anymore without the media or the fans dissecting everything he say's...

I'm pretty sure Rex wants to and will do everything in his power to try and beat them as with any team, let the damn guy be himself, that's all I want.

rex was once a brazen man who talked alot of trash hes now turned into a guy who says all the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Or a poor job by the media for trying to portray it as such...
    Video of Joe in the article too

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...l#incart_river

glad to see that about coples, hopefully it's not just "rex talk" He really flashed in pre-season and I thought he would have gotten more playing time than he has, esp on pass-rushing downs

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex was once a brazen man who talked alot of trash hes now turned into a guy who says all the right things.
    That's exactly my point...

Do this Rex, don't do that Rex, Rex needs to STFU, Rex is going soft... blah blah blah...

It's getting riduculous.

Rex needs to tell everybody else to STFU, and be himself, but do so in a way that he improves. Not to say he didn't need to change some things, he certainly did, but he also still needs to be himself, and not somebody the media or fans want.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh lighten up, Rex can't do anything anymore without the media or the fans dissecting everything he say's...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5pESPQpXxE

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Stop fabricating a story about a player feeling displeasure in how he's being treated by the coaching staff.

That's exactly my point...

Do this Rex, don't do that Rex, Rex needs to STFU, Rex is going soft... blah blah blah...

It's getting riduculous.

Rex needs to tell everybody else to STFU, and be himself, but do so in a way that he improves. Not to say he didn't need to change some things, he certainly did, but he also still needs to be himself, and not somebody the media or fans want.
    All that other stuff has nothing to do with the management of this player. Everything else is people not liking Rex's style. This is different. It's ok. People make mistakes. This is one of them.