Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/27

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Stop fabricating a story about a player feeling displeasure in how he's being treated by the coaching staff.
    stop being a idiot.

    of course mcknight was upset. He SHOULD be upset, I'd be worried if he wasn't.


    but it's a wide gap from "being upset" to "calling out the head coach."

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    stop being a idiot.

    of course mcknight was upset. He SHOULD be upset, I'd be worried if he wasn't.


    but it's a wide gap from "being upset" to "calling out the head coach."
    maybe part of the reason he's upset is that every week he has to watch greene suck so bad yet they keep handing it to him. it's not like the jets have 2 other really good rbs that are keeping him on the bench.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,280
    Everything that comes out of Rex's mouth is BS. I don't know why people even quote him anymore.

    McKnight looked ecstatic in that video. His agent must be very busy. I am sure there are some teams that need a RB/KR.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    stop being a idiot.

    of course mcknight was upset. He SHOULD be upset, I'd be worried if he wasn't.


    but it's a wide gap from "being upset" to "calling out the head coach."
    How is it not calling them out when he says he feels they are telling him he's not good enough to play RB for the Jets? He clearly doesn't feel that playing CB in high school is anything that he'll be able to draw on in this situation. He isn't saying Rex is a moroon but he is saying that this move is distressing to him which is one trait that Rex shouldn't be showing. He's a player's coach. It's not a good sign. That's what I'm saying.

    Quit following me around, stalker.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    McKnight looked ecstatic in that video. His agent must be very busy.
    Are you joking? He doesn't look or sound anything near "ecstatic". He looks and sounds confused and irritated.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,280
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Are you joking? He doesn't look or sound anything near "ecstatic". He looks and sounds confused and irritated.
    Sorry I assumed you had a working sarcasm meter.

    First sentence was sarcasm. I was serious in the second sentence.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oh lighten up, Rex can't do anything anymore without the media or the fans dissecting everything he say's...

    I'm pretty sure Rex wants to and will do everything in his power to try and beat them as with any team, let the damn guy be himself, that's all I want.
    Ray you honestly believe that Cumberland has been doing a "Good Job"!!!!!

    No for me Rex saying things like this is a joke!!!!

    Think of it this way Herm Edwrads who people can't stand out here(and who isn't as good as an X and O coach as Rex) wasn't telling people players were playing well when they were not!!!!

    Insanity!!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sorry I assumed you had a working sarcasm meter.

    First sentence was sarcasm. I was serious in the second sentence.
    I was hoping it was sarcasm, and assumed it. However, there are a few people on here that actually BELIEVE that Joe is just joking around or that this isn't a problem at some level.

    There are now 32 teams without Darrelle Revis and I believe 31 of them haven't responded by trying to turn their skilled offensive player, who is stuck on the bench, into a CB. We have 2 first round picks at CB, a Top 10 pick at Safety. Why are they over reacting like this? If we can't go to Lankster and Trufant to be the nickle and dime CBs then there's a serious lack of coaching and player management with the Jets. It's pretty frustrating because I'm a Rex fan. Tanny is starting to sour on me. At a certain point you say enough is enough and lets just move one, thanks for the years, time to try something new. That's going to happen if they struggle all season IMO. It's inexcusable at this point to not have ANY quality talent at RB. It's inexcusable that one injury at any position on our team has the potential to wreck the season. We'll see.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Stop fabricating a story about a player feeling displeasure in how he's being treated by the coaching staff.
    Joe McKnight is a good person that is what I can see from the video and the various articles on him about this....

    He is NOT mad at Rex he just wants to play....

    RB

  10. #30
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,841
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    maybe part of the reason he's upset is that every week he has to watch greene suck so bad yet they keep handing it to him. it's not like the jets have 2 other really good rbs that are keeping him on the bench.
    Why can't he pass-protect? He looks to be a downhill, then cutback, runner...that doesn't pass-pro. He looks great hitting the hole, but I think one-back w/the RB so deep...no pass-pro? it's obviously a draw, even GMC can see that.

    Maybe I'm wrong.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I was hoping it was sarcasm, and assumed it. However, there are a few people on here that actually BELIEVE that Joe is just joking around or that this isn't a problem at some level.

    There are now 32 teams without Darrelle Revis and I believe 31 of them haven't responded by trying to turn their skilled offensive player, who is stuck on the bench, into a CB. We have 2 first round picks at CB, a Top 10 pick at Safety. Why are they over reacting like this? If we can't go to Lankster and Trufant to be the nickle and dime CBs then there's a serious lack of coaching and player management with the Jets. It's pretty frustrating because I'm a Rex fan. Tanny is starting to sour on me. At a certain point you say enough is enough and lets just move one, thanks for the years, time to try something new. That's going to happen if they struggle all season IMO. It's inexcusable at this point to not have ANY quality talent at RB. It's inexcusable that one injury at any position on our team has the potential to wreck the season. We'll see.

    Question, if McKnight practices at cb for depth because he has some skill to play the position, does that mean he no longer will get any looks at RB? Is it all or nothing?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex on Vernon Davis/Gronk comments: "you know I had to get a shot on the patriots in" #Jets #nyj


    How about beating them Rex??, instead of worrying about getting shots at them on a week that you are not even playing them. These are the things that make Rex look like a clown.
    Wow Rex can't even joke around anymore? Looks like the media has done its job and turned us against Rex......sad very sad...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Why can't he pass-protect? He looks to be a downhill, then cutback, runner...that doesn't pass-pro. He looks great hitting the hole, but I think one-back w/the RB so deep...no pass-pro? it's obviously a draw, even GMC can see that.

    Maybe I'm wrong.
    its not pass protection its ball safety he has fumbled too much look at the first rounder for the giants first carry fumble thats all you get. he hasimproved but last year just on kickoffs he lost 2 fumbles and he fumbled in pre season at least once protect the ball and you will get carries as for the cb switc they see a great player that has super talent level he has to tap into that and get on the field for us

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Wow Rex can't even joke around anymore? Looks like the media has done its job and turned us against Rex......sad very sad...
    Because it's not funny or cute anymore. Maybe in the first two years when the team was winning, but it's grown old and tired now.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because it's not funny or cute anymore. Maybe in the first two years when the team was winning, but it's grown old and tired now.
    right you are. rexs days as a coach are short numbered and the comedian thing i think not.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because it's not funny or cute anymore. Maybe in the first two years when the team was winning, but it's grown old and tired now.
    but not funny in the 4th year when the team is winning?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I was hoping it was sarcasm, and assumed it. However, there are a few people on here that actually BELIEVE that Joe is just joking around or that this isn't a problem at some level.

    There are now 32 teams without Darrelle Revis and I believe 31 of them haven't responded by trying to turn their skilled offensive player, who is stuck on the bench, into a CB. We have 2 first round picks at CB, a Top 10 pick at Safety. Why are they over reacting like this? If we can't go to Lankster and Trufant to be the nickle and dime CBs then there's a serious lack of coaching and player management with the Jets. It's pretty frustrating because I'm a Rex fan. Tanny is starting to sour on me. At a certain point you say enough is enough and lets just move one, thanks for the years, time to try something new. That's going to happen if they struggle all season IMO. It's inexcusable at this point to not have ANY quality talent at RB. It's inexcusable that one injury at any position on our team has the potential to wreck the season. We'll see.
    I don't think we have any idea at this point how or if they are going to use McKnight..IMO Lankster and Trufant will still see the field more than McKnight..

    It seems this is more of a long range plan..McKnight as the #5 CB to come in for particular play schemes...

    The real question is why did they work out Chris Carr and not sign him (yet) and move Fletcher back to the PS while moving McKnight to D as the 5th CB?

    It seems there is some sort of roster restriction...They are carrying 4 TEs..If Keller proves he is OK and healthy then I can see Epps or Cumberland being released and opening up another roster spot perhaps for signing Carr or Fletcher again...

    With Connor's and Keller's health in question it just seems they have to carry 4 TEs this week..

    Maybe we see this clarified next week if Keller is healthy...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because it's not funny or cute anymore. Maybe in the first two years when the team was winning, but it's grown old and tired now.
    +1

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Joe McKnight is a good person that is what I can see from the video and the various articles on him about this....

    He is NOT mad at Rex he just wants to play....

    RB
    +1

    He's a team player for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Question, if McKnight practices at cb for depth because he has some skill to play the position, does that mean he no longer will get any looks at RB? Is it all or nothing?
    I wouldn't say it's an all or nothing type of deal but you bring up a good point. He's not practicing as a RB anymore. He'll still play RB in the games (even though he never got snaps), but he's going full time as a CB from what I understand. So from a practice stand point it appears he's going full time CB. That could definitely backfire in the game IMO. There's no reason for it either because there's no way he's better at CB than the guys we have here already .

    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't think we have any idea at this point how or if they are going to use McKnight..IMO Lankster and Trufant will still see the field more than McKnight..

    It seems this is more of a long range plan..McKnight as the #5 CB to come in for particular play schemes...

    The real question is why did they work out Chris Carr and not sign him (yet) and move Fletcher back to the PS while moving McKnight to D as the 5th CB?

    It seems there is some sort of roster restriction...They are carrying 4 TEs..If Keller proves he is OK and healthy then I can see Epps or Cumberland being released and opening up another roster spot perhaps for signing Carr or Fletcher again...

    With Connor's and Keller's health in question it just seems they have to carry 4 TEs this week..

    Maybe we see this clarified next week if Keller is healthy...
    Very true statements. It's confusing and quite frankly borderline ridiculous/neglectful/inept. I really can't see Joe McKnight playing quality CB snaps, however I DID see him contributing to RB. Lets just hope that it's an emergency case type of situation and he's only being brought up to speed to a certain level and at which point he'll go back to his RB duties full time.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Yes, we have some roster deficiencies right now, I understand that but the way some people around here are talking you would think the Jets are at the bottom of the division right now

    The Jets are 2-1 right now - first place in the division & 2-0 in the AFC East.....

    I'm just sayin' lets keep things in perspective....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us