Thread: Next year @ QB - Start over, or go Veteran?

All Pro

Next year @ QB - Start over, or go Veteran?

I think it's obvious at this point Sanchez is never going to ascend into a great NFL QB. Mark always has (and always will) struggle on any given sunday. He's not Brady, he's not Ben. Nobody needs 4 seasons as a starter to figure it out. The game has passed Mark.

So Jets fans feel like starting over again next year? Or is it time to try bringing in someone? I'm feeling like try the latter out. Penny/Clemens/Sanchez never ascended to Vinny stature. Wouldn't mind trying that out again.

PHI's going to have a situation in with Vick & Foles coming up

We could try to swap with TB for Freeman. I know, sounds silly - but I don't think he's exactly won that city over, and I believe their respective skill sets would fit better in opposite Jerseys.

Rivers? Crazy right? ...or is it. The 2007-2010 Chargers are done. Rivers needs a change of scenery.

I honestly think Colt McCoy would have looked better than Sanchez last week. I don't necessarily want Colt, I'm just saying...
    Last edited by Paradis; 09-27-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    and away we go!

100 replies by 5pm?

This dude said Freeman or Colt McCoy.
    oh okay

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    and away we go!

100 replies by 5pm?
    LOL....100 by 2pm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    and away we go!

100 replies by 5pm?
    It's time man... I waited. We both did. It's not like we walked out with ten minutes left in the 4th quarter.

It sucks, but it's time.
    Last edited by Paradis; 09-27-2012 at 12:04 PM.

All League

All Pro
    For the style of Football Rex wants to play, if we decide to move away from Sanchez I'd say we go get a vet game manager like Kyle Orton, someone of that nature who will take care of the football. Then invest whatever money/picks we have in overhauling RB and LB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryflo1 View Post
    This dude said Freeman or Colt McCoy.
    oh okay
    I'm just throwing sh*t out there man. Just like Sanchez.

All League
    Check out Brees's game 1, game 2, and game 3 stats of year 4 of his NFL career

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...elog?year=2004

HINT: It's basically identical to Sanchez. Should the league have given up on him too?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Check out Brees's game 1, game 2, and game 3 stats of year 4 of his NFL career

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...elog?year=2004

HINT: It's basically identical to Sanchez. Should the league have given up on him too?
    You're comparing Brees to Sanchez? Don't do that. Not to me, or yourself.

Brees is the extreme exception to the Sanchez rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think it's obvious at this point Sanchez is never going to ascend into a great NFL QB. Mark always has (and always will) struggle on any given sunday. He's not Brady, he's not Ben. Nobody needs 4 seasons as a starter to figure it out. The game has passed Mark.

So Jets fans feel like starting over again next year? Or is it time to try bringing in someone? I'm feeling like try the latter out. Penny/Clemens/Sanchez never ascended to Vinny stature. Wouldn't mind trying that out again.

PHI's going to have a situation in with Vick & Foles coming up

We could try to swap with TB for Freeman. I know, sounds silly - but I don't he's exactly won that city over, and I think you their respective skill sets would fit better in opposite Jerseys.

Rivers? Crazy right? ...or is it. The 2007-2010 Chargers are done. Rivers needs a change of scenery.

I honestly think Colt McCoy would have looked better than Sanchez last week. I don't necessarily want Colt, I'm just saying...
    YOU ARE INSANE I just dont get it the guy is a winner the rest of the clowns are losers total grabage i bet you wanted Vince young when he was hot as well losers the whole bunch couldnt carry sanchez's jock
    if you give him time he will go down as the best qb ever to wear a jets uniform. as will Res as are best coach ever its amazing to me that we have a winning coach and gm that has seen the best years in the franchise history and everyone wants them fired.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    YOU ARE INSANE I just dont get it the guy is a winner the rest of the clowns are losers total grabage i bet you wanted Vince young when he was hot as well losers the whole bunch couldnt carry sanchez's jock
    if you give him time he will go down as the best qb ever to wear a jets uniform. as will Res as are best coach ever its amazing to me that we have a winning coach and gm that has seen the best years in the franchise history and everyone wants them fired.
    Sit down.

Nothing about what I said was dramatic or insidious. I simply stated the obvious. He's not going to be a great QB. The team has to move on. You can't sit on mediocrity forever. He could do more for a team like CLE or JAX.

We've outgrown Mark.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's a legit question! This team is losing talent each year. And next year we lose more players. Greene, maybe Keller, maybe Landry, Pace, Scott, who knows now Revis, etc... These players aren't great but they aren't addition by subtractions players either. We aren't loaded like we were 2-3 years ago. The one guy who could make up for players leaving and holes in other areas is your QB. And our QB does't help us. He's not a "franchise guy".

Let's see how this season plays out. But I think it's pretty clear Mark is not elite and won't ever be.

I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez for just anyone. But if the right deal came around, or a team with 2 QB's is looking to make a move or a Rivers was on the block, etc, this offseason could be the time to start looking. And with the rookie cap, maybe we invest in another high draft pick QB.

I know we are in season, this isn't a dump Sanchez rant from me. But as a team still in search of their franchise guy us fans can look a head.

I still as always hope Mark turns the corner. And I'd be the first to eat crow and say I was wrong about him ever becoming elite or someone who we can depend on to carry us. But he has too many flaws in his game, he's innaccurate and very easy to game plan around. Mark is what he is IMO, an average QB. Thus making him upgradeable should we get an opportunity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Legit question/scenario, but saying Freeman would be an upgrade is ridiculous.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Legit question/scenario, but saying Freeman would be an upgrade is ridiculous.
    I dunno, is it? He's certainly not an "upgrade" over Sanchez. But as far offensive scheme and strengths, he might fit us better?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I dunno, is it? He's certainly not an "upgrade" over Sanchez. But as far offensive scheme and strengths, he might fit us better?
    I dont see how he fits us better. They are very similar players, Freeman has a bit more mobility but that's about it.