Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Jets 2-1 First place AFC East

Veteran
    Thanks flagman for an attempt at a positive thread. The board has been unbearable lately. I am glad for a 2-1 record at this point inspite of the disappointments along the way and I am looking for the Jets to show up for 4quarters and play hard - maybe this week. You may thnk that is a pipe dream - but it still is what I'm hoping for after 45 years of CHEERING for this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Bah - NOS are 0-3 and they'd thump us into the next galaxy right now.
    Not....

All League
    Bah - don't gimme that Tuna crap. After 12 games, sure. NOS are 0-3 and they'd thump us into the next galaxy right now.

But you captured my point. It doesn't matter that 2-1, 4-12. You gotta show up every sunday and play hard.

This team is not playing hard right now. They're hardly playing.
    2-1 with two road games done and hardly playing, can you imagine if the team gets going?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Not....
    Dude. We'd may as well be running backwards into a cornfield. We're not set up to go toe to toe with a Offensively talented team.

I don't understand why you don't feel there's major cause for concern. I'm not being venomous about it. "This guy sucks, fire everyone, etc" I'm saying we have NOT played like our record suggests.

Not by a mile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bah - don't gimme that Tuna crap. After 12 games, sure. NOS are 0-3 and they'd thump us into the next galaxy right now.

But you captured my point. It doesn't matter that 2-1, 4-12. You gotta show up every sunday and play hard.

This team is not playing hard right now. They're hardly playing.
    I hear you buddy and Ive been negative lately but lets keep this thread positive. They have a point. Lets keep this ONE thread positive!

GO GREEN!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    2-1 with two road games done and hardly playing, can you imagine if the team gets going?
    Totally. I'm not kidding, we'd be a powerhouse.

But we just don't do it back to back. It's been this team's MO under Sanchez & Co... Consistently inconsistent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I hear you buddy and Ive been negative lately but lets keep this thread positive. They have a point. Lets keep this ONE thread positive!

GO GREEN!
    Fine.

I really do hope we show up on Sunday to deal punishment. Reclaim our identity. I'd love to see Alex Smith crushed and our running game shred out 150 yards.

Nothing would make me happier.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OK...who else is on board?
    First we're taken down SAn Francisco, then New England, and then we're gonna beat Houston, and we're gong all the WAY TO NEW ORLEANS!!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I'm not being venomous about it. "This guy sucks, fire everyone, etc" I'm saying we have NOT played like our record suggests.

Not by a mile.
    I believe that the Jets haven't played up to their potential, which means they have the ability and the talent to play better.

That's why I don't feel there is major cause for concern.

Can they go out there and lay an egg on Sunday? Sure.

However if the Jets play up to their potential this Sunday, they could just as easily beat up the 49'ers much like the Vikings did.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-27-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    Thanks flagman for an attempt at a positive thread. The board has been unbearable lately. I am glad for a 2-1 record at this point inspite of the disappointments along the way and I am looking for the Jets to show up for 4quarters and play hard - maybe this week. You may thnk that is a pipe dream - but it still is what I'm hoping for after 45 years of CHEERING for this team.
    San Fran lost to Christian Ponder last week, they will lose to Mark Sanchez this week... They are not that good.

Its the NFL... "Any Given Sunday"... "You Play to win the game"...

Fine.

I really do hope we show up on Sunday to deal punishment. Reclaim our identity. I'd love to see Alex Smith crushed and our running game shred out 150 yards.

Nothing would make me happier.
    Much better!!!!

It is a good thing that the Jets are 2-1 while not playing particularity well. The troubling part is the aspects of their game that they are supposed to hang their hat on this year have not been just okay but down right terribad.

One had to hope that the people who run the team are not happy with the performance so far. The win against the Phins lat week was like about 2 or 3 games we were gifted last year early in the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    2-1 overall, 2-0 in the division... what if they win this week?? 3-1 at the quarter pole!! Is it Sunday yet????
    That would be nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It is a good thing that the Jets are 2-1 while not playing particularity well. The troubling part is the aspects of their game that they are supposed to hang their hat on this year have not been just okay but down right terribad.

One had to hope that the people who run the team are not happy with the performance so far. The win against the Phins lat week was like about 2 or 3 games we were gifted last year early in the year.
    Mark has zip on the ball and I am confident we can look a bit like we did week one.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Thinking more along the basics......

West coast team playing on the east coast...
    49ers havent been home in over a week and a half.....

They play in a city of gaylords.

BET JET!

All League
    Not that I care what the idiot experts have to say (well, maybe a little), but man, I don't think I've seen anyone pick the Jets to beat the 49ers.

Espn, SI... doesn't matter. All give the Jets no chance.

Rex should use this to fire the players up.

I think Mark's going to have a big game. Let's go Jets!!!

All League
    There's a reason why we're having trouble generating optimism around JI. You all know why.

The time to pay the piper is coming.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Not that I care what the idiot experts have to say (well, maybe a little), but man, I don't think I've seen anyone pick the Jets to beat the 49ers.

Espn, SI... doesn't matter. All give the Jets no chance.

Rex should use this to fire the players up.

I think Mark's going to have a big game. Let's go Jets!!!
    Go to the thread...85 percent of us picked the JETS!

Jets 27-17, take it to the bank!