Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex says SF has best Tight End not Patsies

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex says SF has best Tight End not Patsies

Jets coach Rex Ryan believes the Jets will face the toughest tight end in the NFL this year, but he does not play for New England.

In a conference call with San Francisco reporters yesterday, he said he believes 49ers tight end Vernon Davis is the best in the game, not Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots.

“If you’re not looking at Vernon Davis, what are you kidding me?” Ryan said while listing the 49ers’ weapons. “The guy runs a 4.3, the best tight end, the No. 1 tight end in football, in my opinion. You got that Gronkowski kid, but this guy is a 4.3 speed guy.”

Gronkowski caught eight passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns against the Jets in their second meeting last year. You can be sure this topic will be revisited before the Jets face the Patriots on Oct. 21.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...mtGXmjpw9WZD5H
    Last edited by rmeyer52; 09-27-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Jets coach Rex Ryan believes the Jets will face the toughest tight end in the NFL this year, but he does not play for New England.

In a conference call with San Francisco reporters yesterday, he said he believes 49ers tight end Vernon Davis is the best in the game, not Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots.

“If you’re not looking at Vernon Davis, what are you kidding me?” Ryan said while listing the 49ers’ weapons. “The guy runs a 4.3, the best tight end, the No. 1 tight end in football, in my opinion. You got that Gronkowski kid, but this guy is a 4.3 speed guy.”

Gronkowski caught eight passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns against the Jets in their second meeting last year. You can be sure this topic will be revisited before the Jets face the Patriots on Oct. 21.

If this is the complete article (I didn't access the link) it's typical media spinning for a story because they forgot to add this:

JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Rex, "you know I had to get a shot in at the Patriots. Now Vernon Davis is best TE in the league, when we play (Pats) it'll be Gronkowski."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Are you offended your Patsie wasn't named as the best at his position?

Quick, look down, you're flowing...lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy Graham would like a word with you Rex

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's right.

If Davis had Brady throwing to him, he would put up the same (or better) numbers that Gronk does.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Davis ran a 4.38 at the combine 6 years ago.

He's probably closer to 4.5 now.

When's the last time he was clocked?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski

then everybody else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So what? Rex also thinks he's the best defensive coach in the league. Neither statement means squat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should of asked Rex who he plans to put on the best TE in all of football?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    So what? Rex also thinks he's the best defensive coach in the league. Neither statement means squat.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Awwe yuuu sawd dat Wex thinks Wobbie isn't da gweatest

BoooooF-ingHooooooo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Awwe yuuu sawd dat Wex thinks Wobbie isn't da gweatest

BoooooF-ingHooooooo
    Awww.....yuuu sawd dat Wex is a wittle blowhard wit no cwedibility?

BoooooF-ingHooooooo

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Awww.....yuuu sawd dat Wex is a wittle blowhard wit no cwedibility?

BoooooF-ingHooooooo

Nooooooooooo Eye saiwd dat Bewwiechick is a wittle dewwshie, wit no bawwlsack

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Davis ran a 4.38 at the combine 6 years ago.

He's probably closer to 4.5 now.

When's the last time he was clocked?
    If you listen to the Mayock's and NFL players themselves the last time they run a 40 is their last pre-draft workout..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Nooooooooooo Eye saiwd dat Bewwiechick is a wittle dewwshie, wit no bawwlsack
    Ok, maybe this little game is fun for you 12 year olds, but I'm out.

Rex is great. BB isn't half the coach he is. Better?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think he's right.

If Davis had Brady throwing to him, he would put up the same (or better) numbers that Gronk does.
    In terms of pure athleticism and as a deep threat, yes. But IMHO I think Gronk (the bastid) is overall harder to defend, has a higher work ethic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually agree with Rex, Vernon is going beast mode this season. I watched him against the Giants last year, he was the single weapon on the field for SF and the Giants still couldn't stop him. They were triple teaming him towards the end of the game and OT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I actually agree with Rex, Vernon is going beast mode this season. I watched him against the Giants last year, he was the single weapon on the field for SF and the Giants still couldn't stop him. They were triple teaming him towards the end of the game and OT.
    this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is letting everyone know that there's no chance in hell that we are going to be able to cover the niners TE's. With Revis out and no pass rush, cant' wait. O h crap, almost forgot McKnight is now a db, it's going to be awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If this is the complete article (I didn't access the link) it's typical media spinning for a story because they forgot to add this:

JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Rex, "you know I had to get a shot in at the Patriots. Now Vernon Davis is best TE in the league, when we play (Pats) it'll be Gronkowski."

Hahaha, I love your posts C Mart. Thank you for always keepin it real.

(-:
    Last edited by Limolady; 09-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Someone should of asked Rex who he plans to put on the best TE in all of football?
    Dustin Keller.