Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Romney I Dig It Trust Gives Heirs Triple Benefit

  1. #21
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,861
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I thought raccoons were a mod's worst enemy.
    Are you talking about these insane mountain racoons that have been mauling the cats? Holy christ they are a handful. My sworn enemy.


    BOT:

    Romney “uses every trick in the book,” Breitstone said. “It’s going to be harder to do tax planning in the future. He’s bringing attention to things that weren’t getting attention.”
    Our house is in a Living Trust; that all I could think about while reading this article.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,617
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Oh yeah that smilie stops me in my tracks. Confusion is the Mods worst enemy.
    Lets face it.... you grew up in the 70's drug era...easily confused now.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,239
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Are you talking about these insane mountain racoons that have been mauling the cats? Holy christ they are a handful. My sworn enemy.


    BOT:



    Our house is in a Living Trust; that all I could think about while reading this article.
    For serious?

    That's no good.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Thankfully this Romney crook will not be elected POTUS.

    We had a chance this election but sadly we rejected Dr Ron Paul in favor of an EMPTY SUIT with NO principles (other than self enrichment) and NO plans (other than expediency)

    Sitting this one out

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thankfully this Romney crook will not be elected POTUS.

    We had a chance this election but sadly we rejected Dr Ron Paul in favor of an EMPTY SUIT with NO principles (other than self enrichment) and NO plans (other than expediency)

    Sitting this one out

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2


    He's a crook why exactly? Following the existing tax code which HE did not write? He is actually smart and honest. Doesn't associate with known criminals and terrorists - Obama does.
    The idea is make money. He does. Obama is the job exporter, not Romney.
    Ron Paul is a nut job with Alzheimers.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I thought we were ting about Romney.

    But I guess if a questions comes up about him, an old knee jerk Kennedy reference is always a good go-to move.
    What did Romney have to do with writing the tax code? The only one running for President who could have impacted the tax code was Senator or President Obama.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thankfully this Romney crook will not be elected POTUS.

    We had a chance this election but sadly we rejected Dr Ron Paul in favor of an EMPTY SUIT with NO principles (other than self enrichment) and NO plans (other than expediency)

    Sitting this one out

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh great. Another B. Hussein enabler.

    (not sure if I need a spreadsheet to keep track of Paulbots tho)

  8. #28
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh great. Another B. Hussein enabler.

    (not sure if I need a spreadsheet to keep track of Paulbots tho)
    Izzy's.

  9. #29
    Am I the only one who, upon reading the article, thought "good for him"?

    There is absolutely no reason for a gift tax or estate tax beyond raising revenue. There is nothing immoral about leaving your property to your children or grandchildren.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh great. Another B. Hussein enabler.

    (not sure if I need a spreadsheet to keep track of Paulbots tho)
    So says the biggest Obama enabler on this board. Hailing from the League Of Cranky Old People On Rascal Scooters Who Are Mad At Stuff.



    Go away. You smell like BenGay and failure.

    "This one time at band camp I had Reagan's balls down my throat"....

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post

    Did he break any laws? No.


    No one said he did.

    IMHO, Romney is gaming the system and it should be stopped.

    A lot of the posters on this board accuse public union workers doing the same and I swear sometimes I can see the venom drip from their posts.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Gonna be another sad sad day this November for our resident tea stooges...PD chiefs and JSJ

    Maybe in 16 we wont allow Koch bros big bucks to purchase our party nomination for a good looking unprincipled empty suit

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 09-29-2012 at 10:26 PM.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Gonna be another sad sad day this November for our resident tea stooges...PD chiefs and JSJ

    Maybe in 16 we wont allow Koch bros big bucks to purchase our party nomination for a good looking unprincipled empty suit

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Who is "we" keem-o-sabe? Sorry, "we" will never want a demented crypto-liberal like Ron Paul that consorts with the likes of Stormfront except the demented, the liberals, and those with one foot in the crypt.

    You're not spiting me, gramps, if you want to vote like a dope and keep B. Hussein in charge. Folks like you deserve to have the country go on the gold standard, put all your assets in gold then have Soros collapse the market on ya

    *********

    I long for the good old days (before last month) before the invasion/re-invasion of the morons, I mean Paulbots- at least I could count on most of the other lib/"independent" fruits nuts and flakes to vary their posts slightly

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No one said he did.

    IMHO, Romney is gaming the system and it should be stopped.
    It's not "gaming the system". It is the system.

    As I said, there is no morality to gift and estate taxes beyond their revenue raising features. And, in enacting those revenue raising features, the tax code was written to say "we'll tax you on transaction X, but not Y".

    Frankly, given that, any rational person would do transaction Y, if possible.

    More, I find the unintentional irony here pretty damn funny - the same people who complained that Romney was "gaming the system" by not taking all the deductions he was entitled to are now claiming he is gaming the system by engaging in transactions the government has chosen - chosen - not to tax, rather than in transactions the government chooses to tax.

    You've got to flip your perspective on "appropriate behavior as a citizen" like a pancake to make the condemnation fit in both directions.

    Let's be honest. Romney has money. More than most voters will see in several lifetimes. That's a wedge issue for the envious, and the Democrats are swinging it for all its worth. If that's the type of thing you can get behind, so be it; as an independent who has voted Democrat far more often than Republican, it disgusts me.

    A lot of the posters on this board accuse public union workers doing the same and I swear sometimes I can see the venom drip from their posts.
    No, what posters on this board accuse public unions of doing is buying the people they are negotiating with.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    So says the biggest Obama enabler on this board. Hailing from the League Of Cranky Old People On Rascal Scooters Who Are Mad At Stuff.



    Go away. You smell like BenGay and failure.

    "This one time at band camp I had Reagan's balls down my throat"....
    Yeah, I "enabled" B. Hussein by voting directly against him.
    You must have a tummyache today, ^^^ it's very light on references to ball gargling Biblical anal rape and other deviant practices. Furthermore I can't access the site from work anymore thanks to you Rainblow.

    Notification

    Request Blocked by URL Filter Database

    Your request to URL http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums has been blocked by the McAfee Web Gateway URL Filter Database. The URL is listed under categories (Malicious Sites), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time. The following reputation level was assigned to it: Malicious.
    URL Filter Database serial number: 35907
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    generated 28/Sep/2012:21:32:18 +0000 by McAfee Web Gateway 6.9.3 Build 13514 - [2])

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Izzy's.
    You know, it was a shame, when i was down in Redwood City, came back by the exit in San Carlos, and not knowing what it was (A Liquor store?
    Ladies apparel?) I didnt stop and instead went to one of the very worst diners in the area on el camino. I know better now.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    It's not "gaming the system". It is the system.

    As I said, there is no morality to gift and estate taxes beyond their revenue raising features. And, in enacting those revenue raising features, the tax code was written to say "we'll tax you on transaction X, but not Y".

    Frankly, given that, any rational person would do transaction Y, if possible.

    More, I find the unintentional irony here pretty damn funny - the same people who complained that Romney was "gaming the system" by not taking all the deductions he was entitled to are now claiming he is gaming the system by engaging in transactions the government has chosen - chosen - not to tax, rather than in transactions the government chooses to tax.

    You've got to flip your perspective on "appropriate behavior as a citizen" like a pancake to make the condemnation fit in both directions.

    Let's be honest. Romney has money. More than most voters will see in several lifetimes. That's a wedge issue for the envious, and the Democrats are swinging it for all its worth. If that's the type of thing you can get behind, so be it; as an independent who has voted Democrat far more often than Republican, it disgusts me.



    No, what posters on this board accuse public unions of doing is buying the people they are negotiating with.

    Have to agree with what warfish said about you "The smartest poster on JI's political board". You also keep your cool with reasoned responses. I like the more violent approach. LOL.
    A while ago you seemed undecided in the race. I hope not now. You may not be in the $250k range yet, but you will be. Guard your $$.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Am I the only one who, upon reading the article, thought "good for him"?

    There is absolutely no reason for a gift tax or estate tax beyond raising revenue. There is nothing immoral about leaving your property to your children or grandchildren.
    This.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us