Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would we beat Cleveland? They remind me of the Jets..

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just the fact the Jets and Browns are mentioned in the same breath sums it up the Browns have been a duck of the NFL since Otto Graham.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    We'd destroy them, Buffalo style.

And yes, Sanchez is much better than Weeden....not that that's something to be proud of.

People are going to be shocked by this (it certainly stunned me), but the passing game has been very productive this year. It hasn't been pretty or efficient, but it has produced.

The completion % is terrible (50.5%), but the yards per completion has made up for that through 3 weeks (14.2 ypc for 7.2 ypa). I don't believe this is sustainable (it's reminiscent of Tebow's performance last year). The other factor that has our passing game grading out as above-average through 3 weeks is our ability to avoid sacks and an average turnover rate. The last bit is the penalty yards. We have drawn the 2nd most pass interference yardage in the league so far, and Holmes has is responsible for 64 of those 69 yards (the Patriots have 0, surprisingly enough).

Like I said before, I don't think that any of this is sustainable with a 50% completion rate. A lot of the data is skewed because of the Bills game. People see the Dolphin game as worse than it actually was because it could have been so much better (dropped Hill TD, overthrowing Schillens for another TD). The Steelers game is another game that, because of the absence of turnovers, grades out as "poor" instead of "awful" in these advanced metrics.

So far this season, the major problem with the offense has been a running game that is horrible beyond words. Here's the positive spin for the running game:

Shonn Greene is having a better year than "CJ2K." Unfortunately, we've given him so many carries that he's actually had more of a negative impact on us that Johnson has had on the Titans.

Greene has a DVOA of -40.7%. That's really, really bad. IT means Greene has played at a level almost 41% below the average back so far this year. The worst DVOA any starting back had last year was Thomas Jones, -26.4%.

Making things worse, Greene's backup, Bilal Powell, has a DVOA of +12.9%. He's 2 carries short of qualifying for the official list, but he would have the 10th best DVOA of any back in the league. And even with his limited carries, he's tied for 16th in total value accumulated this season.

Greene has been so terrible, and Powell has played at a high enough level that the only reason for Greene to still be playing ahead of Powell is stubbornness/incompetence on the part of the coaching staff.
    Great Post!!!

But I don't know I still think somehow, somewhere, some knowledgeable Jet fan is saying, "yea but it all is Sanchez's fault"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Just the fact the Jets and Browns are mentioned in the same breath sums it up the Browns have been a duck of the NFL since Otto Graham.
    Now Graham is my favorite QB of all time!!!! Thanks for bring up his name!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson is impressive. He drags players with him on nearly every run. He doesn't seem like the kind of runner that's going to have long carreer necessarily, but he is fun to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now Graham is my favorite QB of all time!!!! Thanks for bring up his name!!!
    That guy was something else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our receivers don't drop THAT many balls. Come on.

Anything to help excuse Sensitive 6's play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clevland hung tight and almost tied the game up at the end. We would have lost to balt by 21 points, Sanchez would have gotten killed. We play like a bunch of scared girls when we play baltimore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Our receivers don't drop THAT many balls. Come on.

Anything to help excuse Sensitive 6's play.
    Ummm ... Yes .... Yes they do ... But mostly due to errant throws that are behind the receiver.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Richardson is impressive. He drags players with him on nearly every run. He doesn't seem like the kind of runner that's going to have long carreer necessarily, but he is fun to watch.
    I blame REX for not drafting him. He looks at defensive players only!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Weeden played so much better against Balt then Sanchez it's not even close.
    In Sanchez's defense, Weeden had his starting C out there who is actually very good. Sanchez on the other hand had an UDFA out there who had no clue of what he was doing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Whats his record as QB???? QB's are judged by Wins and loses...
    Teams are judged by wins and losses. QBs are judged by their contribution to the wins and losses, which means their individual performance (i.e. numbers and effectiveness)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Teams are judged by wins and losses. QBs are judged by their contribution to the wins and losses, which means their individual performance (i.e. numbers and effectiveness)
    So in other words...if a QB has good numbers but fails to come through with the game is on line that's ok as long as his numbers looked good??? Got it....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weeden hung pretty tough in the second half. Greg Little stinks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Weeden played so much better against Balt then Sanchez it's not even close.
    They're not ready to hear that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    So in other words...if a QB has good numbers but fails to come through with the game is on line that's ok as long as his numbers looked good??? Got it....
    Well if a guy chokes in the clutch over and over, that isn't good. But if your QB is putting up good numbers consistently, that means the offense is playing well. And you're going to win a lot of games like that. I'd like consistent play out of Sanchez, if you want to be impressed by mediocre QB play for most of the game then a nice drive at the end, go for it. We have another QB who specializes in that too (Tebow)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

In just his 4th career start, Weeden showed more balls and grit against Baltimore than Sanchez ever has.

I swear, some of you guys have some sort of weird, undying loyalty to Sanchez for some reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

In just his 4th career start, Weeden showed more balls and grit against Baltimore than Sanchez ever has.

I swear, some of you guys have some sort of weird, undying loyalty to Sanchez for some reason.
    The worst part is - everyone else on planet Earth is saying the same thing about Mark... except JI, where he continues to be under-appreciated both on and off the field.

Sanchez isn't the worst QB, he's just never going to become a franchise icon. He's always going to the product of those around him, instead of the otherway around.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    The worst part is - everyone else on planet Earth is saying the same thing about Mark... except JI, where he continues to be under-appreciated both on and off the field.

Sanchez isn't the worst QB, he's just never going to become a franchise icon. He's always going to the product of those around him, instead of the otherway around.
    It's looking like the Pennington situation all over again.

But at least Chad was a good, efficient QB when healthy. A lot of us kept holding out hope that he would miracuously return to '02 form but that was little more than a pipedream.

Now we're holding out hope that Sanchez magically transforms into a Top 10 QB.

Odds are, Sanchez is what he is. A mediocre, turnover prone QB who is capable of flashing every once in a blue moon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

So if Sanchez played like Weeden did last night....you know driving down the field and throwing a horrible pick no td's completed less then 50 percent of his passes against Baltimore you would be ok with that...got it..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Because this year's Baltimore defense is so good....