Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality check

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Reality check

I finally got to watch Sundays game as I was out of town.
    My question to this board is, "what were some of you watching?". Sanchez though he missed a few throws showed me a lot! He was instantly under pressure many times, deftly stepped up in the pocket & shoulder shrugged some arms off of him & actually made some throws from really awkward positions.
    Hill dropped a sure TD pass, & another swing pass right on his hands, even he floater down field between two defenders hit him right on the hands!
    Mark easily has some of the worst offensive talent in the league right now sans Holmes, who if you noticed had 147 yards.
    Where would you rank Greene out of 32 starters?
    What has Cumberland been doing in practice? The guy clearly doesn't understand routes.
    Reauland is an UDFA.
    Hill clearly has bad hands early in his career. Keller is marks binkey.
    Look around the league, Ponder has Peterson, Gabbert has MJD, Tannehill has Bush & Thomas, Weedon has Richardson, that takes a lot of pressure off.
    If the Jets can somehow pull off an upset on Sunday with this group who the hell knows how this season can end up.
    I expect the offense to get better as the season progresses & They get healthier & these young players get the system, Sparano will be able to expand his play calling. If you told me after this preseason with all the injuries on offense & the inability to even have the entire starting O practice this new offense, we had a chance to be 3-1 I wouldn't believe you.
    Sanchez is the least of my concerns, I'm actually waiting for the rest of the team to follow his lead & play as hard & with as much commitment.
    There are a lot of players that need to step up their play on this team, it's about time that Rex be a "real" coach & start benching the underachievers to light a fire under their azzes.
    This D line needs to make up for Revis & these coaches need to step it up & prove their experience & teaching can translate to the field.
    Lets hope Grimes can help, Powell actually looks like a complete back to me with a little wiggle, Greene sees the bench until the 2nd half.
    Seasons a marathon not a sprint, a 3-1 record with our weak 2nd half schedule could make for at least a fun & interesting season.
    Go Jets!
    Last edited by jetster; 09-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    My question to this board is, "what were some of you watching?". Sanchez though he missed a few throws showed me a lot! He was instantly under pressure many times, deftly stepped up in the pocket & shoulder shrugged some arms off of him & actually made some throws from really awkward positions.
    Hill dropped a sure TD pass, & another swing pass right on his hands.
    Mark easily has some of the worst offensive talent in the league right now sans Holmes, who if you noticed had 147 yards.
    What has Cumberland been doing in practice? The guy clearly doesn't understand routes.
    Reauland is an UDFA.
    Look around the league, Ponder has Peterson, Gabbert has MJD, Tannehill has Bush & Thomas, Weedon has Richardson, that takes a lot of pressure off.
    If the Jets can somehow pull off an upset on Sunday with this group who the hell knows how this season can end up.
    I expect the offense to get better as the season progresses & They get healthier & these young players get the system, Sparano will be able to expand his play calling. If you told me after this preseason with all the injuries on offense & the inability to even have the entire starting O practice this new offense, we had a chance to be 3-1 I wouldn't believe you.
    Sanchez is the least of my concerns, I'm actually waiting for the rest of the team to follow his lead & play as hard & with as much commitment.
    There are a lot of players that need to step up their play on this team, it's about time that Rex be a "real" coach & start benching the underachievers to light a fire under their azzes.
    This D line needs to make up for Revis & these coaches need to step it up & prove their experience & teaching can translate to the field.
    Lets hope Grimes can help, Powell actually looks like a complete back to me with a little wiggle, Greene sees the bench until the 2nd half.
    Seasons a marathon not a sprint, a 3-1 record with our weak 2nd half schedule could make for at least a fun & interesting season.
    Go Jets!

Don't bother man, just go with the flow of this board....

TANNY SHOULD BE FIRED!
    REX SHOULD BE FIRED!
    SANCHEZ SUCKS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Don't bother man, just go with the flow of this board....

TANNY SHOULD BE FIRED!
    REX SHOULD BE FIRED!
    SANCHEZ SUCKS!
    LOL!
    Just look around this league & match up the skill positions to what the jets are rolling out there on offense.
    Look at what Ryan has in Atlanta
    Houston
    Baltimore
    Pittsburgh
    KC
    On & on
    If Jets have an above .500 season especially now with the loss of Revis , Mark & Sparano deserve the medal of football offense honor!
    Last edited by jetster; 09-28-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He 'just misses a few throws' every ....single.....game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    most qbs do. but the good teams have weapons who can score to compensate. the jets don't so the misses are more magnified. i like holmes and kerley but after that, there's not much. if the jets are going to stay with the 49ers someone else is going to have to make a big play on offense. gates or schillens is going to have to catch a big one to even it out. throwing over the middle to keller and holmes isn't going to beat this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill dropped a sure TD pass, & another swing pass right on his hands, even he floater down field between two defenders hit him right on the hands!
    Reauland is an UDFA.
    Go Jets!
    The consensus of many QB type analysts is that mark is actually not the issue. I dont know, so I defer to them. I like Mark.

We played poorly on Sunday no question, but mark is WAY DOWN the list on what went wrong although to a general fan, he appears to be the problem.

We call this the Ken OBrien syndrome.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice read and I like your positive thinking. The Jets absolutely can win this week as SF proved they can lose. The key this week will be if the D can step it up. That being said I still feel they will be 4-4 going into the bye week and that will be the critical part of the season but yes if they get to 3-1 with a big win this week that might all change. They can still have a good season even if they drop the next two. The miami win was a must and they are lucky they got it so I am not too excited about there chances with Revis out all year but you have to be thankful as a jetfan that they have 2 in the books out of 3. Mathematically if they do win and go to 3-1 than realistically they need to go 7-5 in the remaining games to win 10. That would be very positive!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Jets!
    +1

The team as a whole appears both physically and mentally poorly coached.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    +1

The team as a whole appears both physically and mentally poorly coached.
    I agree with this 100% It seems they are not playing aggressive at all. I saw more aggressive play from the team in preseason when they were trying to earn roster spots or keep them. They have the mentality that they are happy they have their job playing for rex it seems.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I agree with this 100% It seems they are not playing aggressive at all. I saw more aggressive play from the team in preseason when they were trying to earn roster spots or keep them. They have the mentality that they are happy they have their job playing for rex it seems.
    when you're aggressive your quick this team is slow off the ball and doesnt make many highlight reel plays. they have become unbearable to watch after viewing other nfl teams games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    when you're aggressive your quick this team is slow off the ball and doesnt make many highlight reel plays. they have become unbearable to watch after viewing other nfl teams games.
    then don't watch.

don't go to the games.

don't buy the merchandise.

don't even talk about the team.

as a fan, it's your only method of protest.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    then don't watch.

don't go to the games.

You can go to games and booooooooooooooo

But we really don't want to do that. We just want a competitive team that gets the basics of football down. Having a team both physically and mentally prepared.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Do you have Redzone?
    All QBs miss each game. If they didn't teams like the Saints & Packers would never lose.
    Pressure is & will always be a QBs nemesis.
    How does Brady perform when PRESSURED.
    I look at Mark with only 16 starts in college a little differently than others I guess.
    I'm seeing improvement.
    The pick on the sideline was the WR fault, it was even broken down by Micheal Lombardi, the Jet hater who says it wasn't Marks fault.
    The pick in the endzone was Cumberlands fault for not finishing his inside route so that the defender couldn't fall off like he did.
    The 3 drops by Hill were HILLS FAULT! That was at least another big 1st down & a TD missed.
    I just can't believe that Mark gets so much criticism here. Do you know how hard it is to QB without a running game in this league?
    Why do you think BB is trying to run more this year, answer, their line is not as good as last years line & he doesn't want to get Brady killed!
    Lets switch offense with the Pats.
    We get Ridley, LLoyd, Gronk, Welker, Hernandez!
    We just upgraded!
    This is not going to be an easy year for Mark, but I like continuity. I think Powell will become a valuable back ala how Faulk was in New England.
    I think Lal will bring around Hill, get him catching with his hands ect. (We all knew he was a project with huge upside), I think Reauland will become a valuable all purpose player with smarts.
    Lets pray that Ducasse finally "gets it" & takes the complete JAG Olineman Slausen out of there.
    I'm seeing really good things with Mark/Sparano, many times just missing on big plays & slightly out of sync, but getting closer.
    New offenses take time, we had numerous injuries in camp on O that kept guys out of practice for long periods of time.
    That's why getting a great start out of the gate will allow us to go through some growing pains & maybe crank it up a little as the season goes on.
    The offense will really need to help the defense now, Sparano & Rex both know this. If the Dline can get it's chit together, who knows, this truly is a league where any team has a chance week to week.
    I guarantee you that a lot of people lost money betting against the Vikings last week!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    then don't watch.

don't go to the games.

down own psls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    then don't watch.

don't go to the games.

so ignore it all and make believe its not happening?

accept them for who they are?

is that what you're saying?

i thought this forum was to discuss the team and offer up likes and dislikes?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with OP, actually just ordered the All22 from nfl rewind so i'll be watching the games again. Our WR is pretty crappy outside of holmes who even himself had 2 easy drops last week.

Hey accuscore has us at 49% chance of winning

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    You can go to games and booooooooooooooo

But we really don't want to do that. We just want a competitive team that gets the basics of football down. Having a team both physically and mentally prepared.
    if you're at the stadium, whether to cheer or to boo, then you bought a ticket.

if you bought a ticket, then all is right in Woody's world and he won't see the need for change.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so ignore it all and make believe its not happening?

accept them for who they are?

is that what you're saying?

i thought this forum was to discuss the team and offer up likes and dislikes?
    oh no, by all means, flame away to your heart's content.

just know that what is said on these boards has zero outcome on the games and/or the decision-making in the front office.

If you want management to "notice" you displeasure the only way to do so is to hit them where it really hurts -- the bottom line.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you're at the stadium, whether to cheer or to boo, then you bought a ticket.

if you bought a ticket, then all is right in Woody's world and he won't see the need for change.
    No not really.

Neither do we have to make changes in personnel (coaches)
    but hopefully recognizee there weaknesses and learn how to address them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!
    Just look around this league & match up the skill positions to what the jets are rolling out there on offense.
    Look at what Ryan has in Atlanta
    Houston
    Baltimore
    Pittsburgh
    KC
    On & on
    If Jets have an above .500 season especially now with the loss of Revis , Mark & Sparano deserve the medal of football offense honor!
    That's what I said:

TANNY SHOULD BE FIRED!
    REX SHOULD BE FIRED!
    SANCHEZ SUCKS!

It's just easier this way then trying to actually debate with half the people on this website.