Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cromartie says he's now the NFL's top cornerback

Cromartie says he's now the NFL's top cornerback

I like this attitude, shows he's wants to step up. I don't believe it but glad he to hear he's thinking that way.....

Antonio Cromartie's mouth, six one-syllable affirmations that Darrelle Revis' season-ending knee injury didn't change this fact, in his mind: The Jets still have the best cornerback in the NFL. It's Cromartie. With Revis Island closed for business for the rest of the season, Cromartie told the Daily News Thursday that he is now the best in the business at his position. How many cornerbacks other than Revis are better than him? "None." You're saying you're the second-best corner in the NFL? "Yup." Really? "Yup." You believe that? "Yup." You're better than Nnamdi (Asomugha)? "Yup." Were you better than Nnamdi two years ago? "Yup

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...&sct=hp_bf2_a4

All League
    Too bad he takes every other play off.

I think Cro is having a very good year.

Jets Insider VIP
    If he sees this as an opportunity to shine then I welcome his bravado. If he is saying it because he thinks his $#it doesn't stink then we may have a problem.

Veteran
    Really? He has given up a bad TD and a couple of long receptions. I'm going to say his play against the Steelers was mostly responsible for the loss and could've led to another loss to the Dolphins. I rarely throw Jets players under the bus but he has disappointed so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I think Cro is having a very good year.
    He is, outside of getting beat on that double move that should have cost us the game last week. He has a tendency to play perfectly for 99% of the plays and screw up one big play where he has perfect coverage but still allows the WR to make a big play.

I would still consider a solid #1CB and the least of our problems on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He is, outside of getting beat on that double move that should have cost us the game last week. He has a tendency to play perfectly for 99% of the plays and screw up one big play where he has perfect coverage but still allows the WR to make a big play.

I would still consider a solid #1CB and the least of our problems on defense.
    You're right.. when he screws up it's bad and that's why people think he stinks. He had an awesome game before that though. Blowing up plays and actually tackling people. It's hard because we run such a primarily man to man defense... very little zone. He definitely needs to locate the ball better.

All League
    the media fishing for a story. whats he supposed to say. No?

Non story.

His play on the Wallace TD was awful... otherwise he's looked OK this year. Not a top 2 CB. More like top 15.

Lol, I love this dude. When he presses he is, when he doesn't, not so much.

He's definitely the top child-producing CB, dude is prolific

To this day I do not understand the hate on Cro ... he is a top 5 CB !!!! Jesus get a grip guys !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    To this day I do not understand the hate on Cro ... he is a top 5 CB !!!! Jesus get a grip guys !!!!!
    Seriously people are so spoiled by Revis. Cro is a damn good corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

IMO Patrick Peterson is the best in the business....up there with Revis

Other than that, Cro is right there with all the rest

All Pro
    Cro is good. But you cant get beat by hartline on a double move that should have led to your team getting beat in ot. Thats coming up small when your team needs you.

I would trade for Seattle secondary right now.

No way. As another poster mentioned the Wallace TD, a great corner doesn't allow a receiver to catch that ball. That pass was a floater that hung in the air like a punt and caught for a TD...sorry Cro.

He was by far the best #2 CB in the game. I don't think he's the best outside of Revis but he's definitely top 10. As for comparing him to Nnamdi, please. Nnamdi has been exposed once he went to PHI. Nnamdi is good, but once QB's actually started to throw his way he's been beatable. It was a joke that people actually compared him to Revis.

He certainly has the physical skills to be a top 5 CB. Hopefully, he can keep his intensity at a high level knowing the team needs him to step up.