Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie says he's now the NFL's top cornerback

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    IMO Patrick Peterson is the best in the business....up there with Revis

Other than that, Cro is right there with all the rest
    When talking about current players, there is no such thing as, "up there with Revis". Does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Actually his response was in OP and it did not come off as cocky at all:
    How many cornerbacks other than Revis are better than him? "None." You're saying you're the second-best corner in the NFL? "Yup." Really? "Yup." You believe that? "Yup." You're better than Nnamdi (Asomugha)? "Yup." Were you better than Nnamdi two years ago? "Yup."
    Hey I love it. You have to play CB with a little swagger anyway.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Best Corner in the league wouldn't have given up that prayer to Wallace, and wouldn't have gotten burned by Hartline double-move to all but lose te game vs. Miami.

I can think of at least 10CBs I'd rather have than Cro, an there are prolly another 10 that aren't as good as him but Is take over home because I can't stand watching his horrendous tackling. He now thinks he's a big hitter, so he only goes in with his shoulder now, and doesn't wrap up at all. Cortland Finnegan would have been perfect for this team. I wish we let Cro walk last year and signed Finnegan this offseason.
    What did I say about safety help? Cro is a great ballhawk.

Indeed. Don't **** around with the boss. Use your blazing speed and push people around. And if nothing else works hit them in the ****ing teeth. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    THIS.

Could care less about him thinking that he is the best in the NFL. I want my guy to have that confidence. As long as he dedicates himself to play like it. He should have the blueprint to do it already, he played opposite the best in the business for over 2 seasons now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    To this day I do not understand the hate on Cro ... he is a top 5 CB !!!! Jesus get a grip guys !!!!!
    Exactly. While he does some bonehead stuff out there at times, he definitely a top 5 CB and the Jet fan venom toward him doesn't make sense.

I love the confidence but the truth is the best CB in the league doesn't get burned by Brian Hartline in overtime on a double move and really cost us the game if not a gift from the football gods. Doesn't matter what he did in regulation before that. I did like the hit on the bruiser Jorvorskie Lane, totally surprised me coming from Cro.

Practice Squad
    what is he supposed to say? "No, there are 6 better corners than me."

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    I love the confidence but the truth is the best CB in the league doesn't get burned by Brian Hartline in overtime on a double move and really cost us the game if not a gift from the football gods. Doesn't matter what he did in regulation before that. I did like the hit on the bruiser Jorvorskie Lane, totally surprised me coming from Cro.
    Brian Hartline is a pretty good receiver. <realtalk>

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    Exactly.

There's only one guy on this team who is THE best at his position. Unfortunately, he's hurt. And our #2 CB is NOT the 2nd best corner in the NFL (after Revis). No ifs, ands or buts.

And if Revis had said this, I wouldn't have a problem with it, because I know he's the one guy on this team who could talk the talk and walk the walk.

Ask Brian Hartline his opinion.

when are the jets going to just shut up and play. cromartie is lucky if hes a top 15. he makes too many costly mistakes in games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    when are the jets going to just shut up and play. cromartie is lucky if hes a top 15. he makes too many costly mistakes in games.
    I've always said, do your talking on the field. Because that's the only place where it counts.

Cro is not top 5. He's very good, but not top 5. I think he's in the 12-15 range.

All League
    Between Mcknight, Holmes and Cromartie...o yeah, and our HEAD COACH, this team is RETARDED....they literally say the dumbest ****ing **** I have ever heard.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Cro is not top 5. He's very good, but not top 5. I think he's in the 12-15 range.
    That falls right in line with his child count. Eerie.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    what is he supposed to say? "No, there are 6 better corners than me."
    No, he does like 90% of the other people in this league, including those on CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS, he says, "I am up there somewhere, but all that matters is if we win football games...that's all I care about...is winning football games".

This team needs a ****ing PR guy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    To this day I do not understand the hate on Cro ... he is a top 5 CB !!!! Jesus get a grip guys !!!!!
    The hate? The hate?!?!?!

The point is and will always be: SHUT THE **** UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    The hate? The hate?!?!?!

The point is and will always be: SHUT THE **** UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL.
    It would be boring to just watch them play without running their mouth a little bit. What would the world be without this jewel?

All Pro
    What do you expect the guy to say?

He's right up there with all of the other great CBs. Is he the best? I don't think so, but it's close... Nnamdi hasn't been stellar in Philly. Patrick Peterson has to show a whole lot more before he can even be in the conversation. Joseph is pretty damn good.

Opposing QBs will not challenge Cromartie too often, especially if Wilson continues to have trouble locating the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Nickel is played, what, 50% of the time? That means 90+ CBs play regularly. The drop off after Revis is huge. The next 10 or so guys are very close to each other. I would say Cromartie is in there, which makes him very good.

I would imagine that the ball will start coming his way a lot more. He'll get burned more, but he should also make a lot of plays, considering his great ball skills.