Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cromartie says he's now the NFL's top cornerback

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Nickel is played, what, 50% of the time? That means 90+ CBs play regularly. The drop off after Revis is huge. The next 10 or so guys are very close to each other. I would say Cromartie is in there, which makes him very good.

I would imagine that the ball will start coming his way a lot more. He'll get burned more, but he should also make a lot of plays, considering his great ball skills.
    Awareness sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    To this day I do not understand the hate on Cro ... he is a top 5 CB !!!! Jesus get a grip guys !!!!!
    Because there are more SD fans here then Jets fans IMO. It is the only thing that explains why some people on this site say the things they do. Cro has has done a good job here and is a big reason why teams don't throw the ball a lot vs us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because there are more SD fans here then Jets fans IMO. It is the only thing that explains why some people on this site say the things they do. Cro has has done a good job here and is a big reason why teams don't throw the ball a lot vs us.
    People are insane. In a league where QBs are throwing for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs, no one throws outside on the Jets. I mean, they rarely even try to throw it on the outside. When you watch other teams play, the CBs are constantly getting torched. Revis and Cromartie are BY FAR the best CB tandem in the league.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I like this attitude, shows he's wants to step up. I don't believe it but glad he to hear he's thinking that way.....

Antonio Cromartie's mouth, six one-syllable affirmations that Darrelle Revis' season-ending knee injury didn't change this fact, in his mind: The Jets still have the best cornerback in the NFL. It's Cromartie. With Revis Island closed for business for the rest of the season, Cromartie told the Daily News Thursday that he is now the best in the business at his position. How many cornerbacks other than Revis are better than him? "None." You're saying you're the second-best corner in the NFL? "Yup." Really? "Yup." You believe that? "Yup." You're better than Nnamdi (Asomugha)? "Yup." Were you better than Nnamdi two years ago? "Yup

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...&sct=hp_bf2_a4
    He is better than Nnamdi. Way better. I have seen very little of the Eagles play this season, and both times I did I saw Nnamdi getting burned for TDs. And when I say burned, I mean he looked slow and old. Is Cro the best in the business? No, I don't think so, but he's among them for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7tDbkcqKE

Time for Wilson to show what he can do! Im confident he can be a good CB!

Top in what, sucking. Typical Jet, talk up and never show up.

Veteran
    Cromartie as much as I was against getting him when we did and as much as I was critical when he fiirst played has proven to be really really good. He is top 5 at his position he's just really overshadowed by the GOAT he plays next to.

Looking back, I would have rather gone after Aso and let Cro walk.

Looking back, I would rather have signed Jonathan Joseph

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I think he is the best run-in-a-straight-line-cornerback. Pretty good hand too. Assuming he is not quitting on a play in the end zone that is.

The problem with Cro is when the receiver changes direction and on a day where the referees are calling holding on the defense. On those days he is very far indeed from the best CB in the league.

He is a very potent CB however.
    Haden above Peterson?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Looking back, I would have rather gone after Aso and let Cro walk.
    Ummmm. We did try. Where have u been?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Looking back, I would rather have signed Jonathan Joseph
    I am happy with Cro but at the time I said I would rather have Joseph. He is a better player. It seems the Jets never really gave him a look. It was Aso and Cro. And I think romancing Aso cost us some other players we could have gotten, not just CBs.

Still happy with Cro. And I think he has been a great Jet thus far.

Cro looks good. About the only guy who looks good today. We should be able to get a good draft pick for him.

So I guess by his own estimation today's events would make him the teams best WR as well.

Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    So I guess by his own estimation today's events would make him the teams best WR as well.
    He'll be playing offense soon too, so don't you worry. He should be able to fetch a third rounder for us.