Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets tweets & info 9/28

Jets tweets & info 9/28

@ConorTOrr: Bryan Thomas practiced "sparingly" but feels good enough to play. Coach's decision. #jets #nyj

@ConorTOrr: #jets had a lot of receivers running Vernon Davis' routes this week to mimick the speed. #nyj

@ConorTOrr: DB coach Dennis Thurman said of Lankster, Trufant: "time to take the pacifier out of their mouth and see if they could eat meat." #nyj

@ConorTOrr: Thurman wouldn't discount any possibilities, including having Kyle play some 1 on 1 on the outside. #nyj ##jets

I think 1 on 1 on the outside would suit Kyle best.

@nyjets: Before Rex talks to the media today he wants to take a question from you. Tweet us Qs with #AskRex & stay tuned to see if yours is answered.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nyjets: Before Rex talks to the media today he wants to take a question from you. Tweet us Qs with #AskRex & stay tuned to see if yours is answered.
    I don't twit, but someone ask if he can give Powell & McKnight more first half carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I don't twit, but someone ask if he can give Powell & McKnight more first half carries.
    i'll go a step further and ask what shonn greene has done to deserve even half the carries.

@KMart_LI: "if we all do our jobs collectively, we'll be fine. ...trust me, I'm not going to lose sleep." -- #jets secondary coach Dennis Thurman

@KMart_LI: Thurman: "We understand what's coming (from 49ers)... Obviously they've been in OH bonding. We'll get their best." #nyj

@KMart_LI: Thurman said in a situation like this, "u can't be emotional. Great players get hurt." Told Wilson @ start of season 2 think like a starter

Asked about powell/mcknight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'll go a step further and ask what shonn greene has done to deserve even half the carries.
    A fresh Greene vs. a tired second half defense is not a bad thing, Aug...

Jets Insider VIP
    A fresh Greene vs. a tired second half defense is not a bad thing, Aug...
    Why, so he could run for 3 YPC instead of 2?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dainfamusgc View Post
    Asked about powell/mcknight

Thank you, sir.

Watching "A Football Life", Tom Coughlin would get so frustrated that he had to take time away from coaching his players to talk to the media. Its not surprising that focus like that eventually lead to multiple Super Bowl wins.

Sending questions to the HC of an NFL football team to be answered on Friday just gives off that there is little urgency or focus.

Arent there more important things he could be doing?

I like Dennis Thurman. I think we'll be fine without Revis.

The only difference is that we'll have to play a conventional defense with the secondary giving support to both CBs. This isn't the end of the world. It might even force our defense to stop playing with the "Revis Mentality".

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Watching "A Football Life", Tom Coughlin would get so frustrated that he had to take time away from coaching his players to talk to the media. Its not surprising that focus like that eventually lead to multiple Super Bowl wins.

Sending questions to the HC of an NFL football team to be answered on Friday just gives off that there is little urgency or focus.

Arent there more important things he could be doing?
    if you could combine mangini and rex you'd have a nice HC of the jets. maybe the next one will have the best of these guy's attributes.

if you could combine mangini and rex you'd have a nice HC of the jets. maybe the next one will have the best of these guy's attributes.
    bill cowher

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    #Jets want to wait to make decision on Revis until docs get into knee. They'll be at 52 on roster until then

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Super Bowl in 4 1/2 months. Not a chance a guy coming off major knee surgery could be ready by then. Plus, surgery not for 2 wks

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    You can appreciate Rex's optimism, but there is no chance Darrelle Revis will be ready to play in February if the Jets made the Super Bowl.

JMO, always felt that mangini was a scapegoat.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex said if #Jets are "fortunate enough" to make Super Bowl, and Revis is healthy, it would be a shame to have him unable to play.

According to Rex Ryan, #Jets will not put Darrelle Revis on IR right away. Want to see how he does in surgery.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    So basically, the #jets will go 52 for at least 2-3 weeks until the surgery.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    There is no way that Jets doctors would clear Darrelle Revis to play in a game in February. None.

All League
    @ConorTOrr: #jets had a lot of receivers running Vernon Davis' routes this week to mimick the speed. #nyj
    Maybe we should have the receivers working with the receivers coach and not always helping the defense...

Cant wait to see how ny media spins what rex sai about revis and super bowl

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Maybe we should have the receivers working with the receivers coach and not always helping the defense...
    This is a very common practice when preparing for a specific player like Davis. Nothing new here.