Don't waste time trying to justify it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Woodson thing is 1 in a million.

This is dumb.

It is.

Don't waste time trying to justify it.

I'd agree. Just IR Revis and move on. Anything less is just denial.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not too mention, IF...IF he was able to go on it, the risk of re-injuring would be astronomical. We need him for the long term.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    not too mention, IF...IF he was able to go on it, the risk of re-injuring would be astronomical. We need him for the long term.
    Seriously. If I were the D Coordinator facing Revis in the SB I'd tell the WR to throw a double and triple move at the guy on every play to make him spin all over the place. And I'd tell the QB to always target whoever Revis was covering. It's brutal but there's just no sympathy for the injured on a football field. A healthy #3 CB would be much better than a rusty and likely very tentative Revis.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [
    @ConorTOrr: DB coach Dennis Thurman said of Lankster, Trufant: "time to take the pacifier out of their mouth and see if they could eat meat." #nyj[/QUOTE]

Great we have 2 infants playing conreback!! Wonderful!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [
    @ConorTOrr: DB coach Dennis Thurman said of Lankster, Trufant: "time to take the pacifier out of their mouth and see if they could eat meat." #nyj[/QUOTE]

Great we have 2 infants playing cornerback!! Wonderful!
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 09-28-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Bold

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is going through the toughest part of their schedule over the next several weeks... Locker room feels a little better thinking Revis could be back... You can't dress all 53.... In a few weeks we will put him on IR and pick up another player. Right now Rex is just trying to prevent the team from dealing with Revis on IR right before a huge couple of games...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why they are waiting 2 weeks to operate. The only conclusion I can draw is that there is significant swelling. If that's the case, there's seems like there's no chance that he could come back this season.

Unless its not a complete tear and they're contemplating not operating and seeing if he could rehab. But, there's been absolutely no talk of that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini Cornerback day for #Jets: Worked out Chris Carr, Dante Hughes, Darrin Walls. Aaron Berry visited, per source.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini Cornerback day for #Jets: Worked out Chris Carr, Dante Hughes, Darrin Walls. Aaron Berry visited, per source.
    Carr was a good player. Berry's a solid player, but has been arrested a few times. I liked Hughes coming out of college, but he hasn't played well. Walls went to Notre Dame and that's all I know about him.

There's really not much to choose from at this point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    bill cowher
    Bill Cowher would be run out of town after his 2nd year for not bringing a championship...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I wonder why they are waiting 2 weeks to operate. The only conclusion I can draw is that there is significant swelling. If that's the case, there's seems like there's no chance that he could come back this season.

Unless its not a complete tear and they're contemplating not operating and seeing if he could rehab. But, there's been absolutely no talk of that.
    Procedures are a little different nowadays. Some guys don't get the surgery right away. I think he might be getting some treatments before surgery. No broken bones and no risk of infection so he is probably taking his time and getting opinions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Bill Cowher would be run out of town after his 2nd year for not bringing a championship...
    I agree.

I hope Rex works out but if he doesn't I hope the next coach is a former HC. Just not Sparano

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets dont need DR if they mak SB w/out him . Let him recover the right way. Crazy talk!!! cant believ wa im hear n ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    This is interesting. Berry was slated to start for Detroit but he's a dummy off the field. No doubt he's an upgrade over Lankster and Trufant. The FO would take major heat for this one. But hey just win baby. Nobody can blame us after losing the best player on our team. We can offer him a "second chance". I wonder how bad of a headcase he is or whether he had a major wake up call

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Il take berry or carr

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Berry from Wikipedia :

"cut by the Lions after two arrests in one month during 2012 on July 23. Though Berry is not with any team as of August 20, 2012, he was still suspended for 3 games. If any team were to sign him, he would not be available until Week 4."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rotoworld:

"busted for DUI on June 26 and accused of pointing a loaded gun at three different people on July 21. He has since entered the league's substance abuse program. In line to start for the Lions before being consumed by his off-the-field issues, Berry should draw interest once his suspension is up, if not before."

"Berry isn't exactly a lock-down corner, has had shoulder issues and is obviously a head-case. He'd still be a far better depth option for the Darrelle Revis-less Jets than converted RB Joe McKnight, however. Berry has reportedly also worked out for the Dolphins. Sep 28 - 5:30 PM"