Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets tweets & info 9/28

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex said if #Jets are "fortunate enough" to make Super Bowl, and Revis is healthy, it would be a shame to have him unable to play.

According to Rex Ryan, #Jets will not put Darrelle Revis on IR right away. Want to see how he does in surgery.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    So basically, the #jets will go 52 for at least 2-3 weeks until the surgery.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    There is no way that Jets doctors would clear Darrelle Revis to play in a game in February. None.
    At least they aren't making snide comments about the superbowl. Surprised at Mehta and Cimini missing the opp.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex said if #Jets are "fortunate enough" to make Super Bowl, and Revis is healthy, it would be a shame to have him unable to play.

According to Rex Ryan, #Jets will not put Darrelle Revis on IR right away. Want to see how he does in surgery.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    So basically, the #jets will go 52 for at least 2-3 weeks until the surgery.

There is no way that Jets doctors would clear Darrelle Revis to play in a game in February. None.
    Not sure why Manish thinks he knows more than the doctors and people running the team. They obviously think there is at least an outside chance he would be able to play in Feb or they wouldn't be waiting to put him on the IR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    JMO, always felt that mangini was a scapegoat.
    What the hell is the even supposed to mean?

Guy was a terrible head coach as evidenced by his failure in Cleveland, and the fact that he most likely will never coach in the NFL ever again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toon View Post
    Not sure why Manish thinks he knows more than the doctors and people running the team. They obviously think there is at least an outside chance he would be able to play in Feb or they wouldn't be waiting to put him on the IR.
    Manish tore his ACL last year...So he has some knowledge of the process..Some

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish tore his ACL last year...So he has some knowledge of the process..Some
    How? Chasing his tail while making up stories and inventing sources?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    #Jets want to wait to make decision on Revis until docs get into knee. They'll be at 52 on roster until then

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Super Bowl in 4 1/2 months. Not a chance a guy coming off major knee surgery could be ready by then. Plus, surgery not for 2 wks

You can appreciate Rex's optimism, but there is no chance Darrelle Revis will be ready to play in February if the Jets made the Super Bowl.
    I'm sorry but that is dumb IMO. There isn't another player in the NFL on a practice squad somewhere who can instead be signed to the roster to replace a player with a torn ACL??? Roster spots are commodities and wasting one on revis is stupid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I'm sorry but that is dumb IMO. There isn't another player in the NFL on a practice squad somewhere who can instead be signed to the roster to replace a player with a torn ACL??? Roster spots are commodities and wasting one on revis is stupid.
    Yup, was a major coup when Welker was back in 8-9 months and Revis will be back in 4.5...such a dumb team...sign Carr already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    JMO, always felt that mangini was a scapegoat.
    Mangini got a raw deal in both NY and Cleveland.
    Cleveland would be doing much better today under Mangini than their current staff.

Mangini is smart as hell and knows the game inside out. His problem was that he was too inexperienced to take over as HC when he did with the Jets and naturally there would be growing pains. He took over a team that was in cap hell, was old and unathletic, and whose front office was(is) being run by an accountant, not a football guy. That and his owner was more interested in making money than building a championship team (ie. Favre, Tebow).

Had Mangini been given the chance to coach us for another 3 years I have know doubt we would have a better team today.

Mangini will be a top notch coach for some team in the not so distant future

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    How? Chasing his tail while making up stories and inventing sources?

Didn't think it had to be spelled out...He at least knows what goes into rehabbing from an ACL tear..Obviously he's not a top athlete and most likely didn't have the rehab advantages Revis will have but he at least knows something about what's involved and rehab time..Geesh..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    What the hell is the even supposed to mean?

Guy was a terrible head coach as evidenced by his failure in Cleveland, and the fact that he most likely will never coach in the NFL ever again.
    The guy had 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff birth in 3 seasons with us despite having minimal coaching background and inheriting a team with no talent, in cap hell, with a front office run by an accountant, and an owner who gave him no support b/c he was more interested in funny press conferences and screwed him with the whole Favre BS signing.

Mangini is a great football mind and with more experience would have been a great HC. Truth is he should have stayed on as DC with Belichek for a few more years before taking a HC spot

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I don't twit, but someone ask if he can give Powell & McKnight more first half carries.
    I really want to see McKnight more so than Powell. I think all this talk of him playing DB is complete BS. I really think if given a chance to have 10 to 15 touches a game, with the pass or run, he could make some plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    The guy had 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff birth in 3 seasons with us despite having minimal coaching background and inheriting a team with no talent, in cap hell, with a front office run by an accountant, and an owner who gave him no support b/c he was more interested in funny press conferences and screwed him with the whole Favre BS signing.

Mangini is a great football mind and with more experience would have been a great HC. Truth is he should have stayed on as DC with Belichek for a few more years before taking a HC spot
    Mangini is a great football mind?

LOL ok, I can't even debate this with you my man. Ill just let you have your opinion, and I will have mine.

Doubt Mangini ever sees the NFL again in any coaching capacity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just put him on IR, everyone in the world but rex knows he wouldn't be ready

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. He should be put on IR for the sake of the team. Not sure why we are wasting the roster spot. However, to be fair, Rod Woodson once tore his ACL and played in the Super Bowl 19 weeks later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In '95, #Steelers kept open roster spot for Rod Woodson, who blew out ACL in opener and returned for Super Bowl.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When he said "Fortunate enough to play in the SB" I thought the room would erupt in laughter!! I know I did!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In '95, #Steelers kept open roster spot for Rod Woodson, who blew out ACL in opener and returned for Super Bowl.
    So there you go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Mangini is a great football mind?

LOL ok, I can't even debate this with you my man. Ill just let you have your opinion, and I will have mine.

Doubt Mangini ever sees the NFL again in any coaching capacity.
    Listen to the man speak and listen to what players who played for him say. Yes he has a great football mind. But that in itself doesnt make you a great football coach. He was not a great motivator of men and had problems with in game management. If he gets even a little better at that, then he will be a great coach

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    CMart on the money once again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    So there you go.

Add to that almost 20 years in medical advancements..

Good move by Rex.