Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would we beat Cleveland? They remind me of the Jets..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Would we beat Cleveland? They remind me of the Jets..

Man, I feel like im watching the Jets right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their receivers are strikingly similar to ours, thats for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Man, I feel like im watching the Jets right now.
    i feel the same way. getting steam rolled by a good team. struggling qb no wrs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weeden sucks. Guy talks a big game but in the end he's a 28 year old below average rookie qb. The Browns are cursed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have a back like Richardson but our passing game is much better than theirs. I'm not sure if our 2012 D could have done as good of a job holding down the Ravens offense as the Browns have done tonight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets play to their potential, they would destroy Cleveland.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We don't have a back like Richardson but our passing game is much better than theirs. I'm not sure if our 2012 D could have done as good of a job holding down the Ravens offense as the Browns have done tonight
    T-Rich is the only position the Browns have an edge on us on offense. I guess you might make an argument that Thomas and Brick are about even but that's it.

Sanchez is so much better than Weeden it's not even funny. Amazing how Jets fans don't appreciate the guy at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    T-Rich is the only position the Browns have an edge on us on offense. I guess you might make an argument that Thomas and Brick are about even but that's it.

Sanchez is so much better than Weeden it's not even funny. Amazing how Jets fans don't appreciate the guy at all.
    I love Sanchez. Just wish the INT's would come down.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares if we hypothetically would beat them? They're not on the schedule and they have no chance of making the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

+100000000000 We have a guy who can be the franchise QB for years yet the media and the fans constantly find a way to drag him down...they dont want him to succeed...media wants Tebow to be a starter because its a story and the fans look at his flaws and think he cant get the job done..yet we are in first place 2-1 2-0in division and still not happy...I hate Jets fans

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I love Sanchez. Just wish the INT's would come down.
    They will. After week 5

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    +100000000000 We have a guy who can be the franchise QB for years yet the media and the fans constantly find a way to drag him down...they dont want him to succeed...media wants Tebow to be a starter because its a story and the fans look at his flaws and think he cant get the job done..yet we are in first place 2-1 2-0in division and still not happy...I hate Jets fans
    After 3 weeks in the NFL Brandon Weeden has a higher completion percentage than Mark Sanchez. That includes a week 1 performance where Weeden posted a 5.2 passer rating.

No one is dragging Mark Sanchez down. Some fans just refuse to prop him up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    After 3 weeks in the NFL Brandon Weeden has a higher completion percentage than Mark Sanchez. That includes a week 1 performance where Weeden posted a 5.2 passer rating.

No one is dragging Mark Sanchez down. Some fans just refuse to prop him up.
    Whats his record as QB???? QB's are judged by Wins and loses...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i feel the same way. getting steam rolled by a good team. struggling qb no wrs.
    game was actually pretty close... were you watching?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a whole, the Jets have a better team than the Browns. Whether or not that will stay that way in the future remains to be seen.

As an aside: the Browns had AT LEAST 7 drops by WR's against the Ravens tonight. Terrible. If they get the #1 pick, I'd be shocked if they went anything other than WR in the first.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Absolutely bro. Weeden seems like a cave man in comparison to Sanchez its not funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Absolutely bro. Weeden seems like a cave man in comparison to Sanchez its not funny
    You guys are crazy. Seriously.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost any team could beat the Browns, but that's not team we should care of.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Weeden played so much better against Balt then Sanchez it's not even close.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'd destroy them, Buffalo style.

And yes, Sanchez is much better than Weeden....not that that's something to be proud of.

People are going to be shocked by this (it certainly stunned me), but the passing game has been very productive this year. It hasn't been pretty or efficient, but it has produced.

The completion % is terrible (50.5%), but the yards per completion has made up for that through 3 weeks (14.2 ypc for 7.2 ypa). I don't believe this is sustainable (it's reminiscent of Tebow's performance last year). The other factor that has our passing game grading out as above-average through 3 weeks is our ability to avoid sacks and an average turnover rate. The last bit is the penalty yards. We have drawn the 2nd most pass interference yardage in the league so far, and Holmes has is responsible for 64 of those 69 yards (the Patriots have 0, surprisingly enough).

Like I said before, I don't think that any of this is sustainable with a 50% completion rate. A lot of the data is skewed because of the Bills game. People see the Dolphin game as worse than it actually was because it could have been so much better (dropped Hill TD, overthrowing Schillens for another TD). The Steelers game is another game that, because of the absence of turnovers, grades out as "poor" instead of "awful" in these advanced metrics.

So far this season, the major problem with the offense has been a running game that is horrible beyond words. Here's the positive spin for the running game:

Shonn Greene is having a better year than "CJ2K." Unfortunately, we've given him so many carries that he's actually had more of a negative impact on us that Johnson has had on the Titans.

Greene has a DVOA of -40.7%. That's really, really bad. IT means Greene has played at a level almost 41% below the average back so far this year. The worst DVOA any starting back had last year was Thomas Jones, -26.4%.

Making things worse, Greene's backup, Bilal Powell, has a DVOA of +12.9%. He's 2 carries short of qualifying for the official list, but he would have the 10th best DVOA of any back in the league. And even with his limited carries, he's tied for 16th in total value accumulated this season.

Greene has been so terrible, and Powell has played at a high enough level that the only reason for Greene to still be playing ahead of Powell is stubbornness/incompetence on the part of the coaching staff.