Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots 1-4 ??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Patriots 1-4 ??

It not as far-fetched as it seems. With Aaron Hernandez out... and the next two games on the road against Buffalo, (the Pats lost last year in Ochard Park) and at home vs. Denver the following week, it's entirely possible that the Jets could still be a game up on New England after five games. Hope springs eternal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    It not as far-fetched as it seems. With Aaron Hernandez out... and the next two games on the road against Buffalo, (the Pats lost last year in Ochard Park) and at home vs. Denver the following week, it's entirely possible that the Jets could still be a game up on New England after five games. Hope springs eternal.
    You realize that the two games they lost, the opponents were absolutely holding on for dear life. The Patriots don't lose 3, let alone 4 games in a row. They're going to rape Buffalo, and probably not lose for a long while after that. We need to take care of business, because the ball is in our court, but don't plan on getting any help from New England for a long while, that quota for the year was met last week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe. I could certainly see them losing to Buffalo. Can't picture a loss at home to Denver though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A loss to Buffalo is unlikely, but possible. The Pats won't lose the division to anyone, however, and the Jets are a long shot at best to get a wild card.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    A loss to Buffalo is unlikely, but possible. The Pats won't lose the division to anyone, however, and the Jets are a long shot at best to get a wild card.
    Says the second place fan base.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see it, it isnt that far fetched. They are not playing that well, depends on which buffalo shows up, and you can never count manning out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You realize that the two games they lost, the opponents were absolutely holding on for dear life. The Patriots don't lose 3, let alone 4 games in a row. They're going to rape Buffalo, and probably not lose for a long while after that. We need to take care of business, because the ball is in our court, but don't plan on getting any help from New England for a long while, that quota for the year was met last week.
    Pats are shaky right now & it's all about matchups. Looks like Bills will have Spiller & Jackson back, Chandler their TE is 6'-7" & Stevie Johnson is a bad match up for McCourty.
    Pats will be in a zone which Fitzy will eat up with no Dline pressure.
    On the other side of the ball the Pats Oline is a bad matchup right now with the Bills Dline.
    Mankins hasn't practiced this week, Volmer is a tweaked back away from the bench & there is no Waters to protect the inside from Darius & Williams.
    Williams is playing in front of the home crowd that wants their moneys worth from the 100 million dollar man so the Pats shaky left tackle Solder is gonna get a workout.
    Not saying that the Pats can't win this thing but it is far from a walkover.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    season has 16 games, so a game up on week five really doesnt matter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything is possible, but the Pats have lost two games by a combined total of three points to teams with a combined record of 6-1. Both games came down to a final field goal and the Pats could have or perhaps should have won. It's not like the Pats have lost to two scrub teams in blow outs.

But on the flip side, I could see the Jets at 2-4 when they face the Pats. It isn't likely that they will lose to the Colts, but the Jets were two missed field goals away from losing to an equally bad Dolphins. I don't give the Jets much of a chance in the next two games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old refs are back, Pats by 20

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be sweeeeeet. It can definitely happen. If they can find a way to lose to Buffalo, I could see the wheels falling off in a hurry.

Must win vs. Manning and a tough Denver D that puts tons of pressure on the QB is not what you want to face.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Says the second place fan base.
    LOl, yeah, 2nd place a full three games in. Of course, the Pats are used to losing the off-season to the Jets every year. But it does feel weird to be so far back so late in the season. (insert sarcastic smiley here)
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 09-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Old refs are back, Pats by 20
    LoL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Anything is possible, but the Pats have lost two games by a combined total of three points to teams with a combined record of 6-1. Both games came down to a final field goal and the Pats could have or perhaps should have won. It's not like the Pats have lost to two scrub teams in blow outs.

But on the flip side, I could see the Jets at 2-4 when they face the Pats. It isn't likely that they will lose to the Colts, but the Jets were two missed field goals away from losing to an equally bad Dolphins. I don't give the Jets much of a chance in the next two games.
    The Fins Olines & Dlines are actually very good. Games can be won in the trenches, I'm happy as chit we won that game, Fins will be beating some teams this year, so they lost to the Texans & Jets.
    You have no idea who will be hurt or out when you play the Fins, that's the NFL. Pats 100% healthy wins easily, freak injury to Wilfat & trouble with your Oline, iffy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You must have picked the Vikings last week, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LOl, yeah, 2nd place a full three games in. Of course, the Pats are used to losing the off-season to the Jets every year. But it does feel weird to be so far back so late in the season. (insert sarcastic smiley here)
    sorry but you wish you were in 2nd place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this before the season, that the Pats schedule was not as easy as depicted.
    Was not expecting them to lose to Cards, Broncos will give them all they can handle.
    Seriously, if you don't get pressure on Manning his chances of a bad day are very low.
    Dumerville & Miller will give the Pats shaky Oline all they can handle.
    No Cakewalk again, especially with Hernadez down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    You must have picked the Vikings last week, right?
    Just because the Vikings beat the 49ers, it doesn't mean the Jets will. Top teams lose to bad teams from time to time. It could be the 49ers didn't take them seriously. I doubt they will be coming to Met Life looking past the Jets after losing last week.

The Vikes winning is a perfect example of Any Given Sunday. If that is the best reason you got for the Jets beating the 49ers, you should be prepared to lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Fins Olines & Dlines are actually very good. Games can be won in the trenches, I'm happy as chit we won that game, Fins will be beating some teams this year, so they lost to the Texans & Jets.
    You have no idea who will be hurt or out when you play the Fins, that's the NFL. Pats 100% healthy wins easily, freak injury to Wilfat & trouble with your Oline, iffy.
    The Fins are a bad team. No way to spin it. They are a 4-5 win team most likely.