Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Patriots 1-4 ??

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    sorry but you wish you were in 2nd place.
    With Revis out and the state of your anemic offense, you may not win another game all season.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I said this before the season, that the Pats schedule was not as easy as depicted.
    Was not expecting them to lose to Cards, Broncos will give them all they can handle.
    Seriously, if you don't get pressure on Manning his chances of a bad day are very low.
    Dumerville & Miller will give the Pats shaky Oline all they can handle.
    No Cakewalk again, especially with Hernadez down.
    I never by into strength of schedule before the season.

    The Cards may have one of the best defenses in the league and their game was won because of the two turnovers (Brady's INT and the blocked punt which gave them 10 point moving the ball a total of 10 yards). Otherwise, they wouldn't have scored more than 10 points.

    I don't think Denver is nearly as good as you make them. Manning hasn't been Manning no matter how much the media wants to convince us he is. The Pats could lose, but I don't think Manning is nearly as scary as you make him. And you can definitely score points on their defense (25th in points allowed per game).

  3. #23
    I doubt it happens, but the Pats would wait for the year that Revis is gone for the season to start 1-4.

  4. #24
    Wishful thinking. This is the same Bills team that gave up 48 points to us in week 1. We might not reach 48 in the next 3 games combined if we score under 15 this week (entirely possible).

    The Pats should be concerned about their pass D, it looked bad against the Ravens, but we also have to admit the Ravens might have a top tier passing attack this season. Locker and Kolb didn't do much against Pats D, is Fitzpatrick all that better than them? Marginally so if at all.

    Maybe Peyton will still be in Belicheck's head though and can torment the Pats once again

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,994
    Bills are a very good football team and will beat the Pats on Sunday. But there is now way peyton mannington is beating the pats in foxboro. Not w that noodle arm.

  6. #26
    So then 7-9 has a chance to win the division? Sign me up!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Bills are a very good football team and will beat the Pats on Sunday. But there is now way peyton mannington is beating the pats in foxboro. Not w that noodle arm.
    I stopped reading after "Bills are a very good football team"

    I don't even think Spiller is playing.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You realize that the two games they lost, the opponents were absolutely holding on for dear life. The Patriots don't lose 3, let alone 4 games in a row. They're going to rape Buffalo, and probably not lose for a long while after that. We need to take care of business, because the ball is in our court, but don't plan on getting any help from New England for a long while, that quota for the year was met last week.
    The Pats have to come here and they arent going to light up the scoreboard at the Clink.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    What happens if the Pats are 1-4 and we are 4-1 but we end up blowing the division and missing the playoffs?

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What happens if the Pats are 1-4 and we are 4-1 but we end up blowing the division and missing the playoffs?
    What would Kurt Cobain do?

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,994
    I stopped reading after "Bills are a very good football team"
    The bills are a very good football team. I guess you are basing your opinion on an entire team on one bad game to start the season.

    Since that game, they have not lost. And they have tons of talent on their roster.

    But you go ahead and form your opinion on a team because you watched them play one bad game of football.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Not saying that the Pats can't win this thing but it is far from a walkover.
    I don't know if you bet or not, but would you dare betting against the Patriots at -4 this weekend in Buffalo?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The Pats have to come here and they arent going to light up the scoreboard at the Clink.
    “Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---,” the Patriots coach said in celebration.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Anything is possible, but the Pats have lost two games by a combined total of three points to teams with a combined record of 6-1. Both games came down to a final field goal and the Pats could have or perhaps should have won. It's not like the Pats have lost to two scrub teams in blow outs.

    But on the flip side, I could see the Jets at 2-4 when they face the Pats. It isn't likely that they will lose to the Colts, but the Jets were two missed field goals away from losing to an equally bad Dolphins. I don't give the Jets much of a chance in the next two games.
    Pats totally deserved to lose to the Cardinals. They were outplayed for most of the game. They just aren't as good as the Ravens. So, nope, they are not a good 1-2 team, just a below average outfit at the moment.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Pats totally deserved to lose to the Cardinals. They were outplayed for most of the game. They just aren't as good as the Ravens. So, nope, they are not a good 1-2 team, just a below average outfit at the moment.
    So you are saying the Pats' are a Jets-line outfit? Let's look at the Cardinals' game:

    Yards:
    Pats:387
    Cards: 242

    Average gained per offensive play:
    Pats: 5.0
    Cards: 4.0

    Time of Possession:
    Pats: 31:41
    Cards: 28:19

    Third Down Effiency:
    Pats: 5 for 15 (33%)
    Cards: 4 for 14 (28%)

    Total First Downs:
    Pats: 25
    Cards: 16

    The difference in that game was the Cards turned the ball over twice and got 10 points off those turnovers (a three and out field goal and a two yard TD drive). Otherwise the Pats outplayed the Cards.

    And the Ravens game, it went down to the wire in their house with a lot of BS calls. I don't know who is better at this point.

    If the Pats had the Jets' schedule, they would probably be 3-0 right now. I don't think there is any way they would have lost to that mediocre Steelers' team which has no defense or running game. In their three games, the Jets are the only team that hasn't scored 30 points on them and won.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    So you are saying the Pats' are a Jets-line outfit? Let's look at the Cardinals' game:

    Yards:
    Pats:387
    Cards: 242

    Average gained per offensive play:
    Pats: 5.0
    Cards: 4.0

    Time of Possession:
    Pats: 31:41
    Cards: 28:19

    Third Down Effiency:
    Pats: 5 for 15 (33%)
    Cards: 4 for 14 (28%)

    Total First Downs:
    Pats: 25
    Cards: 16

    The difference in that game was the Cards turned the ball over twice and got 10 points off those turnovers (a three and out field goal and a two yard TD drive). Otherwise the Pats outplayed the Cards.

    And the Ravens game, it went down to the wire in their house with a lot of BS calls. I don't know who is better at this point.

    If the Pats had the Jets' schedule, they would probably be 3-0 right now. I don't think there is any way they would have lost to that mediocre Steelers' team which has no defense or running game. In their three games, the Jets are the only team that hasn't scored 30 points on them and won.
    Sheesh, it must hurt more than we all thought.
    We were just messin with you chowds.

    That is SOME spin job. Lots of If's.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    You guys have to be sensitive, this might be the first time since these trolls became Pats fans that their team has a losing record, take it easy. Most of them jumped aboard about 10 years ago.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sheesh, it must hurt more than we all thought.
    We were just messin with you chowds.

    That is SOME spin job. Lots of If's.
    Looking at this board some times, it is impossible to tell which one of you Jets fans are just messing around or are delusional.

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    So you are saying the Pats' are a Jets-line outfit? Let's look at the Cardinals' game:

    Yards:
    Pats:387
    Cards: 242

    Average gained per offensive play:
    Pats: 5.0
    Cards: 4.0

    Time of Possession:
    Pats: 31:41
    Cards: 28:19

    Third Down Effiency:
    Pats: 5 for 15 (33%)
    Cards: 4 for 14 (28%)

    Total First Downs:
    Pats: 25
    Cards: 16

    The difference in that game was the Cards turned the ball over twice and got 10 points off those turnovers (a three and out field goal and a two yard TD drive). Otherwise the Pats outplayed the Cards.

    And the Ravens game, it went down to the wire in their house with a lot of BS calls. I don't know who is better at this point.

    If the Pats had the Jets' schedule, they would probably be 3-0 right now. I don't think there is any way they would have lost to that mediocre Steelers' team which has no defense or running game. In their three games, the Jets are the only team that hasn't scored 30 points on them and won.
    if if if if

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The bills are a very good football team. I guess you are basing your opinion on an entire team on one bad game to start the season.

    Since that game, they have not lost. And they have tons of talent on their roster.

    But you go ahead and form your opinion on a team because you watched them play one bad game of football.
    I've watched the Bills play many bad football games the last 2 years. They stink, so does Fitzpatrick. 6-7 win team again, they just happened to play a couple of their easy ones the last 2 weeks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us